View Cory Renauer's Articles BY TICKER:
ABX, ACOR, ADP, AEGR, ALNY, ALXN, AMGN, AMRI, ANAC, ANIK, ARIA, BAX, BIIB, CAT, CELG, CERS, CHK, CLNE, CMCSA, CMI, CNDO, CRTX, CYTX, DDD, EBS, ENTA, EOPN, EXEL, FCX, FOLD, GG, GILD, GIS, HFC, IDIX, INFI, ISIS, ITMN, JCP, JNJ, KO, LLY, LNG, LNKD, MCD, MDT, MGNX, MNKD, MNTA, MRK, MRVL, MYGN, NEM, NPSP, NSPH, PEP, PFE, PG, PODD, PPHM, QLTI, RBA, ROK, SGEN, SGMO, SQNM, SRPT, TXN, UTHR, WMGI, WMT, WPRT, XNPT
Which Chip Equipment Stock Is Best For Your Dividend Growth Portfolio
- Fears of lower capital expenditures by larger chipmakers have depressed chip equipment stocks.
- As a result, some great companies are looking reasonably priced.
- I compare profitability metrics for KLA-Tencor, Lam Research, and Teradyne.
Why Automatic Data Processing Won't Be Sending Me Payments
- As a payroll processing pioneer, ADP still has a commanding lead in an intensely competitive industry.
- Stellar dividend growth of years past is likely to slow considerably in the near term.
- Despite excellent positioning, its recent valuation is hard to swallow.
A Closer Look At Rockwell Automation's Outstanding Profitability
- Rockwell Automation's rate of return on invested capital is exemplary.
- I break down the components of the important profitability ratio.
- We get to see how Rockwell Automation's advantage over competitors translates into a quantifiable ratio.
Procter & Gamble Continuing To Unlock Value Within Non-Performing Assets
- Procter & Gamble's plans to divest non-core assets is well underway.
- Beauty products may be next on the chopping block in the form of a sale or spinoff.
- Sale or spin off, returning CEO A.G. Lafley is determined to increase value for shareholders.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers: Big Fish In A $200 Billion Pond
- Although Ritchie Bros. dwarfs its competitors, its share of the global used equipment market is rather small.
- A recent expansion of auction sites and staff have strained margins.
- The company's enviable position is not lost on the market as evidenced by nosebleed multiples.
Johnson & Johnson Providing Steady Growth With Upside Potential
- This dividend aristocrat is a leader in three separate industries.
- Despite steadily increasing distributions, it has maintained a modest payout ratio.
- Robust cash generation should allow for steady increases in the years ahead.
- Leveraging its global sales force to partner with promising upstarts provides upside potential.
Why You Should Consider Texas Instruments For Your Dividend Growth Portfolio
- Recent trends among automakers bode well for Texas Instruments.
- Breakneck dividend growth likely to slow to a moderate, but acceptable pace in the years ahead.
- Despite a rosy future, intelligent investors may want to play wait-and-see with this well-positioned giant.
Why I Haven't Lost Faith In McDonald's
- Again McDonald's finds itself in crisis mode.
- Rising popularity of fast-casual dining may not be as threatening as it appears.
- Despite stagnating sales, it has the means to stage another turnaround.
Caterpillar Offers Compelling Risk/Reward Following Downgrade
- A recent downgrade has sparked fears over Caterpillar's exposure to slumping commodities.
- The company's competitive advantage is being challenged in China, but appears intact worldwide.
- Simply hitting current estimates would provide midterm investors with a compelling return rate.
Wal-Mart: One Reason To Like America's Least Popular Retailer
- A recent survey suggests Wal-Mart is one of America's most unpopular companies.
- Over the years, earnings growth has outpaced the stock's performance.
- The company remains highly profitable and should continue to be so for the long term.
Why I'll Continue Holding Shares Of Coca-Cola
- Coca-Cola's dividend is reaching an unsustainable level.
- Divestment of recently purchased bottling operations should bolster margins at home.
- A strong dollar may present the biggest risk to bottom-line growth going forward.
Seattle Genetics Is Offering Growth, For A Price
- Seattle Genetics has multiple opportunities to expand Adcetris to a wider patient base.
- Its industry leading antibody drug conjugate platform should continue to draw partnerships.
- Promising data from early-stage candidates indicate long-term growth potential.
What Biogen Idec's Alzheimer's Candidate Could Be Worth
- Biogen Idec shares rose quickly following an offhand announcement at a recent investor conference.
- Phase 1 interim data from an Alzheimer's candidate are promising, but this isn't the first time.
- Adjustments for risk and royalties lower the present value of the candidate considerably.
Next-Generation OmniPod Pumping Up Profitability At Insulet Corp.
- Insulet is still losing money, but steadily approaching profitability.
- Lower cost insulin pump should boost margins.
- Recent CEO appointment should make Insulet an increasingly attractive takeover target.
- Partnerships with bio-pharma heavyweights provide significant upside potential.
QLT Looks Undervalued With Significant Upside
- Following breakup of the Auxilium merger QLT Inc. appears significantly undervalued.
- The company is trading at just 1.4 times book value.
- A promising clinical stage asset provides reward while a large cash position mitigates risk.
Forward Pharma's Threat To Biogen Idec's Tecfidera
- Biogen Idec is increasingly reliant on Tecfidera sales.
- A Danish biotech is developing a compound with the same active ingredient.
- Biogen Idec's legal department might have a serious problem.
Key Takeaways From Johnson & Johnson's 3rd Quarter Earnings Call
- One-time events heavily complicate year to year comparisons.
- Hepatitis patient warehousing is already affecting Olysio sales.
- The company's recently launched drugs continue to perform.
With Harvoni Approved, Here's What's Next For Gilead Sciences
- New Sovaldi scrips are trending downward, but it's hardly cause for alarm.
- Concerns regarding payer uproar seem overblown.
- Looking further ahead more competitors likely to crowd the HCV market.
What To Look For When Johnson & Johnson Reports Third Quarter Earnings
- The effect of increasing competition in the hepatitis C market on Olysio sales.
- Continuing skyward trajectory for next-generation anticoagulant.
- Continued encroachment of novel therapy into burgeoning type-2 diabetes market.
2 Huge Immunology Opportunities For Celgene
- All oral Otezla ready to take on psoriasis by end of year.
- Oral Otezla won’t entirely displace injected biologics, but safety and convenience should easily push it over the $1 billion mark.
- Early clinical data suggests oral antisense drug GED-0301 could be a Crohn’s disease winner.
Aspire Data A Big Plus For Amgen And Celgene
- Progression free survival figures could result in Kyprolis/Revlimid/dexamethasone becoming standard of care for advanced multiple myeloma.
- Lack of adverse events alleviates cardiovascular event fears.
- Celgene also stands to gain from increased duration of Revlimid use.
Momenta Pharmaceuticals Heading For A Repeat
- Momenta's success with generic Lovenox is a strong indication of potential success with generic Copaxone.
- Beyond Copaxone, characterization capabilities could differentiate Momenta from competition.
- If advantages associated with its proprietary technology don’t materialize, Momenta could be in big trouble.
- A modified anticoagulant with anti-tumor properties also has blockbuster potential.
- Patent And Reimbursement Risks Already Priced In At Myriad Genetics
- Diabetes Programs Now Crucial For Eli Lilly
- Undervalued Baxter Is A Great Opportunity For Long-Term Dividend Growth Investors
- The 'Breakthrough Therapy' Designation And Alexion's CPMP Program
- Medtronic Growth Drivers For The Years Ahead
- Enanta's Abbvie Partnership Is Going Places But It's Still Overvalued
- MacroGenics Climbing The MAB Ladder With A Safety Net
- Xenoport: One Door Closed, Two More Opened
- Emergent Biosciences Finally Expanding Beyond Anthrax
- Cornerstone Therapeutics: Ignored And Clearly Undervalued