Cory Renauer

View Cory Renauer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Clorox Continuing To Clean Up For Your Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    That's a pretty good single sentence summary.
    Cheers elvislevel
    May 1, 2015. 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Moaty Chowder  [View instapost]
    Glad to hear it Alby.

Good luck and happy investing!
    Apr 30, 2015. 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fastenal Has What It Takes To Hold Together Your Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    What Randall said
    Apr 22, 2015. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well spotted Randall!

I would also be happier with more consistent FCF generation.

It's not unusual for firms to commit to returning nearly all FCF to shareholders. I haven't seen a statement where Fastenal management clearly states a target, but a lack of debt leads me to believe it's deliberate.

Setting dividends around 70% of FCF and using the remaining for share repurchases might seem like a more sensible option. However Fastenal has traded at sky high multiples over the past several years. I'm sure shareholders would prefer cash in their accounts rather than repurchased shares with an earnings yield in low single digits.
    Apr 22, 2015. 07:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reasons To Consider Baxter International For Your Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    You're more than welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Apr 14, 2015. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At Rockwell Automation's Outstanding Profitability [View article]
    Two things:
    1. An "intelligent investor" probably wouldn't have bought ROK a year ago based on its valuation at the time.
    2. If earnings and distributions continue growing at a satisfactory pace, dividend growth investors aren't bothered by "another year (or more) of flat to declining share price." We're in for the long term.

Remember Graham's mantra: In the short term the market is a voting machine, in the long term it is a weighing machine. Rockwell shares rose over the longer periods mentioned because it continued gaining mass at a moderate, sustainable rate. Most importantly, it is likely to continue doing so for years to come.

Another fat pitch will come along. It could be next month, next year, or next decade. When it does I'll be ready to knock it out of the park.
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Because Mr. Market is bi-polar.
    What matters is that Rockwell is growing, and will likely continue to do so. If Rockwell hits estimates for the year, EPS will have grown at an annual rate of about 6.8% during the two year period ending Dec 31 2015. You might look at the price over that period and conclude ROK it is dead money. However, investors that bought ROK while Mr. Market was feeling sad have done quite well.
    Go back another couple years and consider ROK at the end of April 2012. Investors purchasing shares then have enjoyed a total annualized rate of return of about 15.5%. Go back even further to the end of April 2009 and that's a total ROR of 25.6%!
    If that's a company going nowhere, sign me up for a Nowhere ETF!
    Apr 10, 2015. 07:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'll Be Playing Wait And See With IBM [View article]
    Thank you for the additional insight Ycantiretire.

While too much emphasis on anecdotal evidence is dangerous, this is not the first time I've heard stories like this one. I just hope they didn't all work at the same retail company!
    Apr 4, 2015. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analog Devices: The Future Looks Bright For The King Of Converters [View article]
    As mentioned above, the full score for dividend sustainability is based on a likely expansion of EPS in the quarters ahead. If guidance is revised downward this score will change.
    Apr 3, 2015. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson Providing Steady Growth With Upside Potential [View article]
    but...
    I miss out on opportunities every day. It hasn't stopped my portfolio from producing market beating returns. In fact I would suggest exactly the opposite.
    Mar 23, 2015. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Those are my sentiments exactly
    Mar 23, 2015. 03:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Haven't Lost Faith In McDonald's [View article]
    Just a little side note: Writing about McDonalds without using puns, intended or otherwise, is far more difficult than you might imagine. I hope the SA community appreciates the effort.
    Jan 13, 2015. 03:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Haven't Lost Faith In McDonald's [View article]
    I was waiting for that. Thanks for not letting me wait very long chinkchink.
    Jan 13, 2015. 03:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar Offers Compelling Risk/Reward Following Downgrade [View article]
    Thank you for the insight ES.
    Jan 8, 2015. 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Biogen Idec's Alzheimer's Candidate Could Be Worth [View article]
    "Adjusted for industry standard risk, BIIB37's present value is $7.7 billion, or $32.48 per share, before adjusting for the potential split with Eisai mentioned above."

$32.48 was about 10% of the company's share price at the time of writing, and that's before the potential split. But, just to be clear: I was NOT suggesting "current share value is dependent strongly on success of BIIB37."

My apologies