Covered Call Strategies

View Covered Call Strategies' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 5 Energy Covered Call Plays [View article]
    Definitely not a beginner here. The stock will not get called away if you're paying attention. I've already explained why using Leaps is inferior. I'll continue to quote what I feel is important.
    Aug 17 03:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Energy Covered Call Plays [View article]
    See above comment. To address the second part of your comment, you are reading these articles incorrectly. These are meant to generate income, I'm not searching for high growth stocks. The section you are looking for is under the tab "Investing Ideas", not "Dividends & Income".
    Aug 16 09:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Energy Covered Call Plays [View article]
    It's not misleading in any way, very clearly explained in the intro of every article. The "annualized" (not annual) number is based on re-writing/rolling to keep premium flowing in. I find leaps to be less effective in a covered call strategy for many reasons, and most call sellers would agree. I'll try to incorporate a comparison from now to show why using leaps will hurt your returns instead of rewriting multiple times per year.
    Aug 16 09:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Dow Covered Calls: Home Depot, Verizon, IBM [View article]
    I stated "The low beta nature of this stock allows us to pick a strike closer to the underlying price." under the IBM heading, but should've clarified for the additional picks in the article. I plan on revamping the goals/guidelines section over the weekend. Hope you are getting some value out of these articles, thanks for the feedback.
    Aug 10 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Tech Services Covered Calls: Level 3 Communications, Eaton Corporation, Equinix [View article]
    buying back = buying to close the contract
    Aug 10 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sometimes I let them expire but the goal is for the option to go down to .05 before expiration so it can be bought back and hopefully rolled to keep premium flowing into the account.
    Aug 10 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Covered Call: Microsoft, Exxon Mobil, JPMorgan [View article]
    Apologies, I calculate that Bid minus $0.05. I listed that in the rules/guidelines part but not the equation definition. It will be corrected from now on.

((0.43-0.05)/28.83)/87... = 5.53%