Craig Van Pelt

View Craig Van Pelt's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple: Buy The Steak - Hold For The Coming Sizzles! [View article]
    lotaKnowBetter,

Great point, and thanks for your comment.

Everywhere I go I'm finding companies making the switch to AAPL products. The market is enormous, and once a buyer uses AAPL products, they are loyal because they're so great.

All the best. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28 04:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Buy The Steak - Hold For The Coming Sizzles! [View article]
    Bgold,

Thanks for you insightful comment.

I am going to investigate and if I find good data, I'll let you know.

Best regards. Craig
    Feb 28 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Buy The Steak - Hold For The Coming Sizzles! [View article]
    Gary,

Thanks for your comment. The cash accumulation going forward, even if earnings don't jump is significant. I wish I had thought of that and put it in my article. It's a VERY good point

Thanks again. Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: New Analysis Offers Reasons For A Rally [View article]
    DutchMark,

Thanks for your comment. Point well taken.

"I fully agree that the obsession of analysts with stocks and its inherently unpredictable behavior rather than analyzing a real entity, the company and its business. "

Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: New Analysis Offers Reasons For A Rally [View article]
    KISS_investor,

What's "Spidey" is that the stock is trading where it is. Something is wrong and the sense of "wrongness" is growing.

A change will begin as a "tingle" and grow to a big SIZZLE.....

Thanks for your comment and for introducing me to a new word (I never saw Spiderman)

Regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: New Analysis Offers Reasons For A Rally [View article]
    MWALDMER,

'Twas the mother of all shorts. Now it will move in the direction that creates the most damage....which is up.

Thanks for you comment. Regards.

Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28 12:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: New Analysis Offers Reasons For A Rally [View article]
    rperson,

You are right on target. They can't make any more money on the downside, and the metrics are against them.

We have to take advantage of situations like this.

Thanks so much for your input.

CRAIG VAN PELT
    Feb 28 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Westport Innovations: R&D Will Soon Translate To ROI - It's A Buy [View article]
    Jack & Alpha 5one

all very sad in DC. Sickening.
    Feb 25 08:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Today's Price Will Look Cheap 5 Years From Now [View article]
    Hi Tbone,

I really enjoyed your comments. You are correct about overseas attraction of MCD. When I stayed in Moscow, I would buy bags of Big Macs. They were much better than any other local food in restaurants, and they were a really terrific reminder of life back home!

All of us should own a few shares of MCD....

Thanks again and have a great evening and weekend.

CRAIG VAN PELT
    Feb 22 07:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Today's Price Will Look Cheap 5 Years From Now [View article]
    Mcwillifloor,

WOW. Your comment is greatly appreciated and it is wonderfully written and the analysis is logical and on target.

A point that really caught my attention is your comment that MCD owns the most valuable real estate on the planet. It's so true, and impacts greatly on its growth. There is only so much RE on the planet, and as it's said, God isn't making any more of it.

Their real estate play is enormous.

I lived in the Caribbean for 16 years and they were quick to take and tie up the best properties and it left everyone else in the cold.

All thing considered, one should buy MCD, be pleased with the current dividend (which will increase) and the stop will continue north over the years. Lastly, owning it makes for a good nights sleep!

Thanks again and best regards.

CRAIG VAN PELT
    Feb 20 02:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Occidental Petroleum Now A Dividend Achiever [View article]
    Casey,

A very well written article. Thanks.

I hope life is good for you in Taiwan.

Best regards.

CRAIG VAN PELT
    Feb 20 11:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cummins' Engine Is Just Getting Warmed Up [View article]
    Extremely well done.

Thanks.

CRAIG VAN PELT
    Feb 20 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To The Independent Directors Of Herbalife [View article]
    Mr. Walter,

Thanks much for your response to my comment.

I'm a strong believer that there is a place in this world for direct sales companies. Unfortunately, and as you well know, there have been a great number of scandals and each day, more and more companies launch deals that are truly scams, have no products to sell but hype and misrepresentation, and people do get hurt.

Your professional and well articulated view on HLF is a call to action, and if HLF can weather the storm, demonstrate that it is a legitimate company (which I think it is) its coming out on top could have a very positive and deeply needed impact on the industry as a whole.

You are 100% correct in saying that if Directors don't act, they will rue the day. In fact, I'm certain that Mr. Ackman is betting on inaction by Directors.

Thanks again. Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 19 05:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife: Icahn Cometh - Could The Stock Be Worth $103.93 Per Share? [View article]
    Dear Smakit,

I am a trader and not a long term investor. At the time I wrote the article I was long at 39.25.

References to "Valuations" in my article were from a historic perspective. Since Mr. Icahn's filings referenced the possibility of a going private transaction, I reported on the previous HLF going private transaction. The metrics of that 2002 transaction were then applied to HLF's current operations.

I agree with you that you can have a great company and a lousy stock and vice versa.

Best regards.

CRAIG VAN PELT
    Feb 19 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To The Independent Directors Of Herbalife [View article]
    Mr. Walter,

Although I am long HLF, and anti-Ackman, I would welcome more transparency from HLF.

I think it's clear that there have been self-serving inconsistencies bantered about by all parties.

Your article was very comprehensive and will shake up the board, (as you already know.) If I were a board member, I would likely resign.....this afternoon.

Thanks. Best regards.