Craig Van Pelt

View Craig Van Pelt's Comments BY TICKER:
    Positiveprosperity,

Thanks for you terrific comments.
    AAPL's lack of openness when it comes to new products and innovations is also, I think, part of a darn good strategy in our competitive world.

Why give competitors a heads up?

To surprise competitors can mean big money for the home team.

Thanks again. Best regards. Craig
    Feb 28, 2013. 05:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Applocrat,

Thanks so much for you comments and your giving some credit to Tim Cook.

We've all got to remember that TC has some 375,000 options and that's a HUGE reason to do everything possible in a correct manner to make the stock go up.

It's been easy to crucify TC, and it's not deserved. If 5 or 10 years from now things go south, then we can blame TC, but not now.

Thanks again. Best regards. Craig
    Feb 28, 2013. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    meryl,

Thanks so much for your comment. The 10:1 is being bantered around quite a bit. A major reason given for the 10:1 ratio is that it would become a $45.00 thereabouts stock price and the "experts" have concluded that this popular target price would bring in the masses of small investors who want a meaningful piece (100 shares) of AAPL.

At a 2:1, it would still be too high a price for the average person.

Who knows? What's important, is that whatever the ratio..it's all relative, and it likely will happen.

Thanks again. Best regards. Craig.
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    aaple-investor,

You are spot on. I did a fair amount of research on the GOOGLE Glass and concluded it was really dumb. Maybe, somebody would use it in a laboratory, but not in public.

The image of "Accidental Deaths" from GG is hysterical! I can see press releases from liability insurance companies declaring exclusions from coverage from GG. It could be the stuff Broadway comedies are made of.

Yet, I found a bunch of pundits in various positions who believe it's a stupendous idea. Imagine!

Thanks again. Regards. Craig
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Tusc,

Thanks for you comments, and you appreciation of my "sizzle" angle which I believe has as much reality about it as anything else.

What the sizzle is doesn't matter. There a just too many possibilities out there and the metrics are such that NOW, a bet against AAPL is a very bad bet in my view.

Thanks again. Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    cshoxie,

Perhaps, and thanks for you comment. Very clever.

We've got to define "significant," and to me that means a 50-60 point move. If that doesn't happen, I'll be extremely surprised.

If AAPL stock doesn't move a bit, and it continues to report profits similar to last quarter, it will soon be trading at a price = to cash on hand.

Bargain? Patience is in order, but difficult I know!

Thanks again. Best regards. Craig
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    jebworks,

Thanks for the comments, and you are correct.

I firmly believe that the overall market and the price of a particular stock reach a point in time where it will move where the greatest damage can be done. APPL, I think, has reached that point....and it's UP.

Whether it's reality and justified, or whether it's orchestrated it doesn't matter. In the case of AAPL, it will be orchestrated and it will go up. I bought a few shares today.

Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    gbold1955,

Thanks for your comment. It's appreciated.

I agree and my thinking is that now is a really perfect time to be buying AAPL since we all know that a correction is due, and because it is so beaten down, it will likely respond in a more positive way to a sell-off and other stocks with inflated P/E's will get crushed.

Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for your comment and REALLY nice to find someone that agrees with me.

Actually, the more negative it gets on AAPL, the fatter and juicer the steak gets. I bought a few shares today.

You are right on!

Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    lotaKnowBetter,

Great point, and thanks for your comment.

Everywhere I go I'm finding companies making the switch to AAPL products. The market is enormous, and once a buyer uses AAPL products, they are loyal because they're so great.

All the best. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Bgold,

Thanks for you insightful comment.

I am going to investigate and if I find good data, I'll let you know.

Best regards. Craig
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gary,

Thanks for your comment. The cash accumulation going forward, even if earnings don't jump is significant. I wish I had thought of that and put it in my article. It's a VERY good point

Thanks again. Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28, 2013. 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: New Analysis Offers Reasons For A Rally [View article]
    DutchMark,

Thanks for your comment. Point well taken.

"I fully agree that the obsession of analysts with stocks and its inherently unpredictable behavior rather than analyzing a real entity, the company and its business. "

Best regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28, 2013. 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: New Analysis Offers Reasons For A Rally [View article]
    KISS_investor,

What's "Spidey" is that the stock is trading where it is. Something is wrong and the sense of "wrongness" is growing.

A change will begin as a "tingle" and grow to a big SIZZLE.....

Thanks for your comment and for introducing me to a new word (I never saw Spiderman)

Regards. Craig Van Pelt
    Feb 28, 2013. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: New Analysis Offers Reasons For A Rally [View article]
    MWALDMER,

'Twas the mother of all shorts. Now it will move in the direction that creates the most damage....which is up.

Thanks for you comment. Regards.

Craig Van Pelt