Craig Walendziak

View Craig Walendziak's Comments BY TICKER:
  • On the hour [View news story]
    Nothing is on SALE at DOW16k
    Jan 24, 2014. 01:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Growth Story Is Over [View article]
    I was a beta tester, then a release tester, now an owner of windows 8 computer. Is is by FAR the worst of Windows OS releases. There are so many mistakes on this one I cant even begin to describe it. They are making a push for it, because they have to. But they missed, and big.
    Jan 24, 2013. 11:44 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • President Obama will go into budget negotiations with Congressional leaders on Friday calling for a $1.6T increase in tax revenues over 10 years, double the $800B discussed during debt-ceiling talks in 2011. The sides are sticking to their guns over tax hikes for the rich, while the GOP also want entitlement changes. Obama is due to today meet a who's who of top CEOs, including those of Wal-Mart, IBM and Ford. [View news story]
    I love it when politicians refer to my tax dollars as 'revenue'....
    Nov 14, 2012. 09:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • More on Apple: Cash balance stood at $121.3B at end of FQ4. 4.9M Macs shipped (+1% Y/Y). iPhone (main profit engine) units +58% Y/Y and revenue +56% (up from +28% and +22% in FQ3). iPad units +26% and revenue +9%, a major slowdown partly caused by inventory changes. Mac desktop units -24%, notebooks +9%. iPod units -19% and revenue -26%. Implied iPhone ASP of $636 ($625 in FQ3), iPad ASP of $536 ($538 in FQ3). Apple has resumed trading and is down 0.9% AH - some bad news was clearly priced in. CC at 5PM ET (webcast). [View news story]
    Perfect entry for next quarter. Anyone shorting this on earnings was nuts. The stock corrected already and is still trading EXTREMELY cheap.
    Oct 25, 2012. 05:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple (AAPL): FQ4 EPS of $8.67 misses by $0.08. Revenue of $36B (+27% Y/Y) beats by $200M. 26.9M iPhones sold, 14M iPads, 5.3M iPods. Shares halted. (PR[View news story]
    Bottom line, the DOOMSDAY that was priced into this stock for the last month has just been kicked in the balls. Great quarter. Setting up for Q1 which will be a MONSTER. This is WAY undervalued.
    Oct 25, 2012. 04:59 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There guidance is ALWAYS horrible, Anyone who bets against a huge Q1 doesnt like money.
    Oct 25, 2012. 04:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good quarter.
    Oct 25, 2012. 04:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon (AMZN): Q3 EPS of -$0.23 misses by $0.15. Revenue of $13.81B (+27% Y/Y) misses by $90M. Shares -1.3% AH. (PR[View news story]
    This is funny... people are buying this dip... I guarantee AAPL gets crushed no matter what it reports.
    Oct 25, 2012. 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks turn decidedly lower in afternoon trade, the DJIA's 0.7% drop paced by a 2.6% decline in Microsoft, reeling from last week's poor Windows division results, and with a worrisome Barron's article over the weekend tacked on. Apple, +2.4%, supports the Nasdaq, -0.1%. Bond yields aren't cooperating, the 10-year +3 basis points to 1.79%. [View news story]
    We are not buying on Fridays report. You are getting the company at a huge discount for the Dec quarter. This is a great entry point.
    Oct 22, 2012. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best-In-Breed Dividend Stocks: Abbott Labs, Boeing [View article]
    Homerbart- I'm willing to miss out on 1-2 dividend payments while owning a call rather than stepping into an uncertain market with huge downside.By buying calls, I am gaining full exposure while limiting downside risk... When the market settles I can take delivery.

Thanks,

C
    Aug 23, 2011. 03:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best-In-Breed Dividend Stocks: Abbott Labs, Boeing [View article]
    Sneaker, I actually included the numbers I used for my 7 year average under the historical data chart. The div payout ratio in that time frame is 57.55. I took these numbers straight from their filings.

I understand you would like to year to year comparisons- but thee articles are starting points for your investments, not data sets. I look at 7 year (and 3 year) averages to help smooth out anomalies.

thanks for reading, I appreciate the feedback!
    Aug 22, 2011. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best-In-Breed Dividend Stocks: Abbott Labs, Boeing [View article]
    I really couldn't disagree with you guys anymore. BA will be one of my largest holdings for the next 7-10 years. But hey, thats what makes a market.
    Aug 22, 2011. 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best-In-Breed Dividend Stocks: Abbott Labs, Boeing [View article]
    Guys, as usual the title of this article was changed. Both these names are meant to be substitutes for the original Best in Breed names.

Best in Breed Dividend Stocks: Core Holdings for the Long-Term Investor (Part 4) seekingalpha.com/artic...

BA is mentioned for the cyclical/industrial portion of the portfolio.

I still believe diversification is paramount. BA should out perform most of our normal DIv champs in robust financial time. Right now I think its basing.

Thanks for reading.

C
    Aug 20, 2011. 07:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best in Breed Dividend Stocks: Portfolio Check Up [View article]
    Check out this article: seekingalpha.com/artic...

REITs fall under my High Yield sector... You can allot certain portions of your portfolio to these names- but there volatility in Div Payouts and Growth make it hard to measure risk/reward long term. I do Like NLY.

Best,

C
    Aug 15, 2011. 01:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Best in Breed Dividend Stocks: Portfolio Check Up [View article]
    This is the 1,000,000 question

' Is gold overpriced in this time of economic turmoil?'

Will the miners rise, or the GLD fall? Which mean will revert.

I am long GDXJ calls.... so I do agree there is upside.
    Aug 15, 2011. 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment