Daily Trading

View Daily Trading's Comments BY TICKER:
  • U.S. Equity Bears Still Can't See The Bottom But Now The Only Way Is Up [View article]
    I have been writing in SA for about three years now, and for three years I have been writing "bullish" articles on stocks. It seems that every time I write an article I get a wave of comments suggesting on no uncertain terms that I am either an idiot, a permabull, or clueless (or some combination of the three).

It is said that bull markets are born in pessimism and that is exactly what we have from a long term perspective.

All the negativity to my articles on SA highlights this high level of pessimism and has enabled me to remain long the Dow since the end of 2008. Thanks for all your help!
    Jun 17 05:52 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Trade Of A Generation Stares Us In The Face [View article]
    Yes you are entirely correct. I was just trying to prove how stupid valuations for equities and treasuries have become.
    Mar 7 04:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mutual Fund Cashflows Suggest An Oversold Condition Prevails In Equity Markets [View article]
    Just mutual funds.
    Mar 6 04:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Japanese Equities Will Surprise Even The Biggest Optimists [View article]
    Yes you are right, ultimately the most downside will occur in JGBs but that may take some time to occur. The biggest movement initially will come from the Nikkei and the USDJPY.
    Mar 5 02:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Japanese Equities Will Surprise Even The Biggest Optimists [View article]
    Yes, I have returned, Japan seems very interesting. I think that there is significant upside in Japanese equities. The trick will be to hang on as the market goes up and resist the temptation to "take profit".
    Mar 3 11:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Japanese Equities: The Buy of the Decade! [View article]
    I still hold all those positions today...........fortune does certainly favour the brave!
    Mar 3 06:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Japanese Equities Will Surprise Even The Biggest Optimists [View article]
    Yes, it was bold especially since I was talking about Japanese equities since just before the Fukushima crisis. I think the bolder call was holding on to my bullish call on Japanese equities right through last year.
    Mar 3 05:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Reason Why I Remain Bullish On U.S. Equities [View article]
    Yes we will have another dip but that maybe only after the Dow has gone 20% higher! Too many people are waiting for the next big dip which means it probably wont happen, well not at least until everyone is fully invested again.
    Jan 10 02:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The End Of Cheap China Is Growing Near [View article]
    Very interesting to see how the cost base in China is increasing rapidly. I guess the days of cheap Chinese goods on shop shelves are fast disappearing!
    Dec 14 03:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Low Consumer Confidence Is Bullish For Equities [View article]
    There is a thing called the internet.........or World Book!
    Oct 27 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Low Consumer Confidence Is Bullish For Equities [View article]
    Noted your beliefs............but are they really your beliefs or someone else's beliefs? I keep trying to explain (and because no one is picking it up I am probably doing a bad job of explaining it) that current consumer confidence readings are pricing in an economic slow down more or less of the same magnitude as that of the GFC. Why? well probably because the GFC is still too much in the forefront of peoples minds.
    Oct 27 09:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Low Consumer Confidence Is Bullish For Equities [View article]
    I don't exclude the possibility of further weakening in consumer sentiment surveys. In fact they are likely to continue to deteriorate for a while yet. I am just saying that in the past major bull markets have developed from consumer confidence readings that were higher than current readings. I would be very worried about being bullish when everyone else is bearish if there wasn't support from cheap stocks and expensive treasury markets. Of course there are a few other things as well.
    Oct 27 09:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Big Reasons Why U.S. Equities Are Still In A Bull Market [View article]
    I was looking more at industrial production, capacity utilization, durable goods orders etc for evidence of a slowdown. I see no evidence of a slowdown.
    Oct 26 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Time Is No Different Than Before [View article]
    Holding a bullish view over the last 6 months has been very very difficult, at times a little nerve wracking to say the least! Anyway I find it rather amusing how so many writers on seekingalpha.com are flip-floppers. At any sign of trouble they run for bearish cover.
    Oct 23 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Time Is No Different Than Before [View article]
    What do you mean by general?
    Oct 23 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment