Dale Roberts

View Dale Roberts' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Strong Earnings To Drive April Dividend Hike At Apple [View article]
    I am just hoping there are a few years before it gets knocked off, and profits already made, and booked.

Apr 8, 2015. 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Strong Earnings To Drive April Dividend Hike At Apple [View article]
    I hold Apple.

But it is interesting the opinion of certainty that Apple will be the tech king in 5 or 10 years. No company has been able to dominate the device space for an extended period - the leaders keep getting knocked off. Apple will likely be no different.

I hope I get the opportunity to take a double or triple (profits) off the table, and I will then let the house money ride.

For now Apple looks great.

Apr 8, 2015. 06:43 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Dow Inclusion: Catalyst Or Curse? [View article]
    Yes, dow is certainly not a major these days.

Mar 8, 2015. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Dow Inclusion: Catalyst Or Curse? [View article]
    Nice article and observation. Indexing likely add to the stability to index holdings as well as many indexers add to the passive index on a regular (passive) schedule, as indexing and ETF market in the U.S continues to outpace actively managed funds and self directed stock selection.

Mar 8, 2015. 09:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Electric Vehicle Opportunity [View article]
    This is so cool. Reminds me of when I first heard Apple was going to create phones. It was incredible and outrageous and brave. This is an incredible brand builder, just the notion of creating an electric vehicle with the Apple logo on the hood and trunk. A vehicle is perhaps the number one status symbol for a consumer. If they can build a decent (OK incredible) vehicle the brand loyalists will flock to the showrooms.

This might be a great way to put the cash hoard and incredible profits to work.

In the development phase it builds the brand and its mystery, and perhaps the share price. If they can pull it off it might be a game changer.

I have often wondered "what the heck will they do next?". And was hoping for something big and disruptive.

Think Different.

Mr Jobs might be smiling. Or helping.

Feb 21, 2015. 08:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For Apple's 'Moderate' Dividend Growth [View article]
    Yes of course I buy more shares - and as I stated I add even more shares from other income sources - supporting the Apple company and share price with the demand for shares.

Jan 30, 2015. 07:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Case For Apple's 'Moderate' Dividend Growth [View article]
    The dividend and dividend growth is of course immaterial for anyone in the accumulation phase. The returns come entirely courtesy of rising revenues and rising profits. And of course if you simple return the profits (dividends) to Apple is completely a non event.

Nice to see those results and profits. They can have their dividends back (and then even more in my case) they seem to know what to do with the profits.

Jan 29, 2015. 05:57 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Stock Becoming The Ultimate Safe Haven [View article]
    Perhaps some of the savings at the pumps gets turned into iphones and ipads? That is likely.

Dec 14, 2014. 08:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My First Dividend From Apple [View article]
    Apple might reward you, but it will have nothing to do with the dividend, there might be incredible capital appreciation if the earnings power continues. There is certainly incredible brand strength and sector leadership and earnings power with Apple and incredible profits to reinvest in R&D. It's that reinvestment into the business that will drive Apple, not what they return to investors by way of dividends.

I am happy to give the money back to them every quarter, (plus other monies). They know what to do with it, I hope.

Nov 18, 2014. 06:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Time To Take Profits And Sell Apple Stock? [View article]
    It's time to buy more. In our largest account I will continue to move all portfolio income to Apple for the next few months until it gets up to the desired allocation.

Nothing has changed in the Apple story? Perhaps it has improved, the brand is stronger today that a few months ago?

Oct 8, 2014. 07:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do The Math: Apple's Fiscal 2015 EPS To Rise (At Least) 25% [View article]
    This is my long term growth pick. Looking good. ha. The brand is amazing and the brand strength has recently improved (IMHO) as the recent creations appear to be received as innovative and real, and reinforce Apple as a leader who still "Thinks Different".

Sep 24, 2014. 07:17 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Why The Cash Issue Is So Important [View article]
    As I wrote over a years ago Sorry Your Dividends are not Coming Home Any Time Soon.

The tax code works against investors and corporations. From some friends who work on the international tax side, I've heard we don't know the half of it - how 'creative' companies/multinationals can get at moving their money around.

We should not hold our breath, waiting for those dividends. The money remains on the balance sheet (well most of it), and is there to borrow against.

Meaning dividend investors indirectly face some of the rate risk that bond investors must manage.

Jul 8, 2014. 09:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Analysts Are Wrong About Apple [View article]
    I did buy some Apple as I had threatened. Ha. I now own two stocks on purpose.
    Jun 18, 2014. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Growth Potential Of Apple's Mac [View article]
    I now own four individual stocks, Apple being one of them. Moved my VYM holdings to VIG (a better total return vehicle for accumulation phase) and did not want to leave Apple behind (it was the top holdings in VYM). Apple also the top holding in SP 500 though, SP 500 also held in our Tangerine Portfolios.

Being a former (and still recovering ad guy) I love the brand strength. That can go a long way. And hopfully they put their cash to good work.
    Jun 18, 2014. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Analysts Are Wrong About Apple [View article]
    Thanks for the article. I recently moved out of VYM in my U.S. position, to move to VIG (it's a better total return vehicle for dividend growth), but I had to leave behind Apple as the top position in VYM. As a former ad guy, I simply have to go get some Apple, and I'm not a stock picker. I only hold three individual stocks. The brand is the brand, and it is so strong. I hold Tim Hortons (THI) based on brand love, same story here with Apple.

Of course Apple is also tops in the SP 500 that we use for our Balanced Portfolios (and where I am accumulating in retirement and tax free accounts). Glad to see Apple in the S&P 500 as well.

I hope they put their cash to good work.
    Jun 16, 2014. 07:18 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment