Dallas Salazar

View Dallas Salazar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apollo: Who Is Minding The Shop? [View article]
    leovincent,

Yes, it would be - at least then The Street could take the guidance and the turnaround strategy seriously. The stock would probably still trend lower for a bit longer as a turnaround is needed (obviously) but at least we could give whomever took the reigns a fair shake. At this point Cappelli has zero credibility
    Jul 3, 2015. 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Statoil: Rig Suspensions And Cancellations Are Concerning For Oil Players [View article]
    Veritas1010,

First, great post.

Second, you're exactly right in all that you've posted. I don't disagree with anything written.

I tend to write very frequently about the companies I cover in that I consider myself something of a content activist - that said, my thoughts on Statoil are obviously very near term reflective. Longer term of course you're right. Statoil didn't get to its size and market cap without being able to execute on a global level. This is a very solid name that like everybody is is reacting to a black swan event being realized. Nothing more.

I do hope you continue to read and comment my Statoil articles. Be well, sir.
    Jul 3, 2015. 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American National Bankshares: An Interesting Position [View article]
    Most of my guys that follow or read me consistently are swing traders. For some of my guys that don't like as much volatility taking 11% on a regional bank is a good clip
    Jul 3, 2015. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I would agree that Statoil is higher highs perpetually but right now is NOT the time to be adding or initiating. Are there scenarios in which I could be terribly wrong? Absolutely. But you play the middle of the probability bell curve and right now that says to stay away from Statoil. I would recommend readers taking down overall oil exposure - not just specifically to Statoil.
    Jul 3, 2015. 10:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vantage Energy A Catalyst For Supply Contraction Thesis? [View article]
    I don't believe it is if you're positioned correctly.
    Jul 3, 2015. 05:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One Horizon Group: Xiaomi Sales Update Timing Is Very Curious [View article]
    You're very welcome Jeb. Just looking out for my guys in this rocket.
    Jul 3, 2015. 05:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chesapeake: Will Net $90 Million, Be Relieved Of $75 Million Dividend Liability From $840 Million FourPoint Transaction [View article]
    Callum what should be thought of is how that dividend is created - essentially Chesapeake eliminated roughly $1 billion of debt from its balance sheet. A CFA and good friend of mine will either have an article out next week or allow me to publish the contents of his analysis. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the read.
    Jul 2, 2015. 07:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    InterestedInvestor11,

Be careful my friend. Chesapeake hasn't been able to find a bottom yet. Take if from somebody way under water.
    Jul 2, 2015. 05:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm working with a CFA friend of mine on this matter over the next few days. I suspect he'll publish or allow me to publish an article greatly detailing answers to your concerns early next week.

Thanks.
    Jul 2, 2015. 05:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You could very well be right. We'll have to see how it shakes out in the near-term before making final judgement but for now I'll stand behind what I've written here. Very good counter point though.

Thanks for the read.
    Jul 2, 2015. 05:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AMC Entertainment: Undervalued On Overblown Concerns [View article]
    I have plenty and with stock of this market cap it takes sustained buying over lon periods of time to move price. I'm OK if everybody makes money.
    Jul 2, 2015. 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is no way I could get somebody on record with CHK IR to comment on something like that. I can ask around to some CFA resources of mine - maybe I can get some commentary there.
    Jul 2, 2015. 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LED Medical: Bringing A SaaS SMB/Enterprise Solution To The Dental Practice [View article]
    Excellent commentary my friend.

You have a nice holiday as well.

-Dallas
    Jul 2, 2015. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apollo: Who Is Minding The Shop? [View article]
    MusicMaker,

You owe me a new computer as I just ruined it spitting coffee all over the keyboard. Hilarious. Nice my man, nice.

Thanks on the FRPT call. We don't always get them right but that was one we did.

-Dallas