Dallas Salazar

View Dallas Salazar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CannLabs: Another Brick In The Wall [View article]
    It really is. I think CANL is the single most attractive way to position a portfolio for some cannabis exposure (to the space) without being directly exposed to the commodity.
    Apr 27, 2015. 05:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • La Quinta: Valuation Makes This A Risk-Weighted Hold Into Earnings [View article]
    I agree.
    Apr 26, 2015. 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree. Entirely.
    Apr 26, 2015. 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Costco, Already A Street Darling, Now Belle Of The Ball Thanks To Sweet Deal With Visa, Citi [View article]
    Get it John. Get MOAR.

Costco is a great name. Congrats on your long career with these guys.
    Apr 26, 2015. 01:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Axalta Coating Systems Is An Easy Long-Term Consideration [View article]
    I'm saying things get valued at premiums all the time based on potential - potential like an eventual dividend and the potential for AXTA to acquire other revenue verticals. I think in a few years AXTA is the "new" DuPont. I truly think AXTA diversifies its revenues segments and eats the Coatings and eventually the Chemical spaces lunch.

Thanks for the read.
    Apr 26, 2015. 01:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Diplomat Pharmacy's Secondary Offering A Gift Wrapped Chance To Buy [View article]
    I'm sure. With DPLO shares moving higher and higher they have been able to use their shares as a currency valued at a premium. Why take cash which will be worth what is is when you can take DPLO shares. DPLO has been good about picking and choosing its spots - I trust management has things mapped out.

Looking forward to more big things.
    Apr 26, 2015. 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the read Don. VERY SOLID long term position here. I'm a former and long-term LQ bull.
    Apr 26, 2015. 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Applied Minerals: Cash To End Of Year And A Potential JV Monetization Create A Binary Exposure [View article]
    SOLID points. AMNL is on the clock for this investor. It's show me time.
    Apr 26, 2015. 01:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Huntington Bancshares: Strong Q1 Bounce Back In The Face Of Better Risk Management [View article]
    Doneright,

I think that HBAN get's a lot more attractive to a buyer if it can keep fragmenting its dependence on traditional income channels (using M&A and buildout of M&A like the equipment finance deal, etc.) but right now there's nothing special about HBAN that would attract a suitor especially in front of a possible interest rate resetting that will be a real test for banks across the sector. I think M&A really heats up on the other side of the first few interest rate increases when "new leadership" for the broader sector (outside of the big three of course) is established based on who was best prepared to run hard into the uptick.

I know that's about as clear as much but that's all I got.

thanks for the read
    Apr 26, 2015. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amex: It's Time For Management To Get Aggressive [View article]
    Yes please do keep us in the loop. In my experience with IR from mega caps they are totally unresponsive to individual inquiries but let us know if they respond.
    Apr 26, 2015. 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marketo: Q1 Execution Moves The Story Forward [View article]
    ABSOLUTELY. Somebody huge is going to try to consolidate the top-end of the space and that's going to position both HUBS and MKTO to lead the way. I think all the usual suspects make sense as buyers.

But yes, to answer your question clearly, yes. MKTO and HUBS are a great pairs trade to be long as a way to 1) own an attractive space, 2) have a nice starter kit for an SMB/enterprise solution micro-strategy within your portfolio, and 3) position yourself for attractive M&A multiples.

Thanks for the read.
    Apr 24, 2015. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Diplomat Pharmacy: A Secular Bull Story Powered By The Analyst Catalyst [View article]
    Nick here's the best advice I can give you and this isn't going to be exactly what you're looking for but it's the best I have:

At some point, similar to when the news of the secondary leaked (I detailed this in an article), there's going to be a legit pullback in shares. It's inevitable. I'm talking a 15-20% pullback. At that point, when you're most afraid and most cautious, is when you pull the trigger. You better believe it's coming to.

In the long run, as my good friend Stan (who often comments in this chains as well) said - it won't matter if you get in here or there because the stock and the sector is in a secular bull. It's all just a series of higher highs - I think you've noticed that as well so far :) . So, of course I'm not telling you to day trade this name but I hear what you're saying about wanting to time a good spot if you can get one.

I would say stay liquid, wait for a dip while hoping it never comes, and when it does be brave and buy it.

I hope that helps my friend.

-Dallas
    Apr 24, 2015. 03:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    GOOD MAN. Great hold for you so far my friend.

Yes, I actually think that DPLO is undervalued and is JUST NOW hitting its growth spurt. This story and the sector are just so good.

Long for the long-term through the dips.

Good luck.
    Apr 24, 2015. 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amex: It's Time For Management To Get Aggressive [View article]
    Yeah, this is dead on. You're exactly right about everything.

My point to be made about the aggressive strategies is simply to put a bottom to shares. Whether management wants to admit it or not that matters - I don't think they can focus entirely on their jobs when constantly seeing the stock taking a fall.

I agree that the strategy to The Street is unclear - and this is a large part of the problem currently at AXP - because I don't think there is a strategy. AXP doesn't know what it is anymore. It doesn't have a plan. Until it does I don't expect the market share loss and the problems to stop.

However, as I said in the article, if management can get this figured out I think shares react accordingly. Even with the slightest start to a plan. Could be binary if levered.
    Apr 24, 2015. 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the read. I think you might be right.
    Apr 24, 2015. 05:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment