Dallas Salazar

View Dallas Salazar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gevo: Unanticipated Positive Developments Will Shape Q2 Results [View article]
    Yeah, I'm optimistic about the results at the quarter. I'm not upset about the raise. I think we get good news on the 4th.
    Jul 31 06:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    For clarity, I am most familiar with Mike Willis. We have regular discussions about the company.

As to the timing of my article prior to a PR confirming I was ahead of the news, I'll have to chalk that one up to good luck :)
    Jul 31 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is actually really well said. What you're saying happens and it's gut wrenching to listen to. I hope you're wrong. We shall see.
    Jul 31 01:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm very hesitant to accuse anybody of fraud and illegalities. That being said, I strongly doubt this is the case. Companies raise when they can raise because the opportunity can evaporate quicker than most realize.
    Jul 31 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It appears some weren't even aware of the initial announcement of shares.
    Jul 31 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Papa Murphy's Holdings Inc: Another Gift From The JOBS Act [View article]
    Outstanding.
    Jul 31 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, they'll have to provide a diluted shares outstanding number Pro Forma for the raise.
    Jul 31 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gevo +30% as side-by-side operation of Luverne Plant on track [View news story]
    If it was on your watch list were you waiting to buy on a 50% pop? Seems like a best case scenario.
    Jul 31 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Definitely not KIOR just yet. GEVO is a grind and will be until they can accelerate the monetization of LOI's, the first of which I think is coming in Q3.

Financial engineering is paramount until GEVO can slow the cash burn at the plant to about $5mm/year. They're making great strides on that but not quite there yet. The good new is that we have Mike Willis - financial engineering extraordinaire. He should keep us afloat until the cash burn can be slowed.

Thanks for reading the article.
    Jul 31 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The shares becoming available was announced about two weeks ago. This is just the formality that comes with the prior announcement. The timing, I guess I don't know what is usual or not.
    Jul 31 06:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    User702,

Well said. Willis once told me that "I was brought here to do one thing for this company and that's raise money" and he is amazing at it. He deserves every penny he is getting.

I don't know if the insiders will buy. They bought last in size at the 1.35 mark and have been SMOKED like the rest of us for their efforts. I don't really buy into the insiders meaning all that much to the company from a sales standpoint. Usually their boats are loaded and their futures tethered to the company enough that I like to believe they're in it to win it with me.

I guess time will tell my friend. In either case - thanks for the comment and yes, Willis has pulled the rabbit from the hat once again
    Jul 30 08:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How The Raging Bull Market Created A Time Bomb For Your Insurance Company [View article]
    Yes, eventually.
    Jul 30 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    GEVO has significantly diluted and raised debt each year since 2012. There will be more of this going forward. A potential long position needs to balance the dilution and debt risk with the reward of the PPS moving much higher. Plenty of examples of companies diluting in size that have paid out huge - MNKD comes to mind.
    Jul 30 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trupanion Is A Great Looking IPO But I'm On The Sidelines [View article]
    I can agree with you. Tons of potential here.
    Jul 30 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Au Revoir To The One Thing Hiding LVMH-Moet Hennessy's Growth From The Market [View article]
    Strictly as a precautionary measure I'll choose not to answer that but a call to investor relations at LVMH will answer that very quickly. Sorry my friend, I can't give tax advise via SA :)
    Jul 30 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment