Dallas Salazar

View Dallas Salazar's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • American Express: Management Has To Go [View article]
    So this is a really interesting note and I'll have to look further into it.

Thank you.
    Sep 4, 2015. 04:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Express: Management Has To Go [View article]
    markb,

I guess I was more making comparisons to the fact that V and MA are facing the same macro concerns but "somehow" have been able to charge forward regardless of environment.

Still, to your point, I also listed DFS, BAC, and COF in the assorted tables. As you can imagine, investors will view these names with differing levels of comparability. That said, I have provided all.

Thanks for the read.
    Sep 4, 2015. 04:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com: Recent M&A Activity Could Hint At Something Big In The Works [View article]
    I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from but I never stated that salesforce doesn't make acquisitions - "Salesforce, which isn't really in the consulting scene and wouldn't traditionally be thought of as an acquirer, at least not in my opinion", is stating that I wouldn't see it acquiring consulting firms.

This is prior to noting its acquisitions of Kerensen Consulting - which added to my overall article.

Please don't confuse my not seeing salesforce as a consulting firm aggregator with me thinking that salesforce has never or will never do an acquisition.

Thanks
    Sep 3, 2015. 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: Dash Buttons, EPS Expansion And Low-Risk/High-Reward Innovation [View article]
    Gary,

I think this is the future of dash buttons - you're exactly right.

I also think that it wouldn't be that hard to have say the Tide button and have a spot within the app where you can change the item being reordered. That way if you're product preference changes so too can your usage of the dash button
    Sep 3, 2015. 08:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bazaarvoice: Using The Analyst Catalyst To Create Short-Side Alpha [View article]
    Nice drop on the Morgan Stanley downgrade
    Sep 3, 2015. 05:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Community Bank System: Trading At A Value, With Potential Value To Be Unlocked [View article]
    The reasoning for the short interest isn't meaningful - that doesn't stop allowing longs to pile in and take advantage of the bumped yield. I think you're thinking it does implies quite a bit about your "if"/"then" capture.
    Sep 2, 2015. 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, that's exactly my point. The stock should be reflecting a higher equity price thus its value is currently being artificially depressed. The stock should be trading higher and the yield lower. Investors should jump this.
    Sep 2, 2015. 07:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Connecture: Forward-Looking Expectations Remain In Place, Continue To Own [View article]
    Jeb,

Management doesn't need replaced, what they've done is typical of a new tech being developed. They just misread how the revenue would roll in and which verticals would be most lucrative/important. I don't think it speaks poorly of them as much as it speaks to the difficulty of dialing-in expectations for disrupting a tech niche.

That said, I do think CNXR could be acquired but I don't have any high possibility candidates (candidates in the healthcare vertical wanting to build this niche out that also have to cash/stock to make the acquisition happen). I could see any number of major insurance companies buying CNXR and then using the tech to build out their infrastructure and/or differentiate themselves at the selling table ("use our coverage exclusively or preferred and we'll also build out the exchange to included X,Y, and Z features") but again nothing I'd say is high possibility.

CNXR is a name that's going to move around quite a bit from period to period. A 50% move is nothing to bat an eye at.
    Sep 2, 2015. 06:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zendesk: Key Metrics Pointing To Strong Momentum [View article]
    I have no idea. I really couldn't even begin.
    Sep 1, 2015. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HubSpot: CRM Upgrades Continue To Push Competitive Positioning [View article]
    I like HubSpot much, much better than MKTO near term. Longer term I like them about the same.
    Sep 1, 2015. 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biolase: New CEO Harold Flynn Comes To Market Without A Plan [View article]
    The American people have been punished enough be long stories like BIOL. Quarter after quarter I've watched this swine take money from grandma. Well, no more. I'm out to detail just what a failure they are and will be. Again, this is just one man's opinion.
    Sep 1, 2015. 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bill Barrett: Producing At Negative Returns? [View article]
    I guess I was calling out specifically ex. hedging because that's a big underlying question I have with BBG but you're right it's not producing negative IRR w/ hedging. I just wonder if folks should be long a name, even with hedging (which decays by the quarter - so to speak) if the name is production negative IRR ex. hedging.

Mostly just an information article here but my guess is BBG share price continues to trickle to lower lows with each quarter of hedging used until the price of oil breaks over at least breakeven ex. hedging. Just my two cents.
    Sep 1, 2015. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biolase: New CEO Harold Flynn Comes To Market Without A Plan [View article]
    I'm trying to protect the American people from yet another long-term circle the drain story
    Sep 1, 2015. 08:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Active Power: An Analyst Catalyst Candidate? [View article]
    Really nice day here
    Aug 31, 2015. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ADP: Debt-Funded Share Buyback Is A Great Idea [View article]
    Thanks for all the commentary guys. Really makes the efforts worth it.
    Aug 31, 2015. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment