Dan Rosenblum

View Dan Rosenblum's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Arista Networks: The Next Big Growth Stock [View article]
    It is possible Cisco will devise a better mousetrap but so far I do not believe they have . Time will tell
    Jun 10 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arista Networks: The Next Big Growth Stock [View article]
    Funny, because I found an article in the WSJ from 2012 where Cisco said they were going to destroy Arista and here we are 2 years later.
    Jun 10 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Arista Networks: The Next Big Growth Stock [View article]
    I can see estimating 50-60% growth for the year. Makes it easier to beat estimates.
    Jun 9 11:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Not Enough Cash For Sunshine Heart [View article]
    Another point mr Savrieno missed is that unlike with drugs the medical equipment companies get paid for their devices during the trials. This limits the losses.
    Oct 17 09:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Francesca Holdings - The Best Idea In Retail At A Discount [View article]
    Full disclosure. I sold some of my oversized position in FRAN got it down to more normal position size for my portfolio.
    Stock is stalling here around $29 would feel better if it got back to $30 level.
    Sep 11 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Francesca Holdings - The Best Idea In Retail At A Discount [View article]
    Furthermore now that the founders have left the company there is no connection between management and the suppliers.

I don't know Mr Davis ,but as I stated in the article Ms Backes is a very impressive individual.
    Sep 10 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Francesca Holdings - The Best Idea In Retail At A Discount [View article]
    Yes Tom I have. I dont believe there is anything unusual going on it is not unusual in the private label wold to use people you are close to as your suppliers. Other public companies in retail do it as well. Everything was disclosed in SEC filings.

Maybe if it were 80% and not 20% I would be more worried
    Sep 10 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandridge Permian Trust: My Favorite Dividend Play [View article]
    PER has the rights to roylties to 70% of production through 2031. One would assume these fields would have value in case SD went under .

There is a provision in the trust agreement that if cash flow from the wells are below a certain amount for 4 consecutive quarters the trustee has the right to sell the royalty interest and distribute it to shareholders.
    However if you think SD is going bankrupt I would not buy this stock.
    Mar 28 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandridge Permian Trust: My Favorite Dividend Play [View article]
    thank you for the kind words, I am often wrong but at least I put my money where my mouth is.
    Mar 27 10:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandridge Permian Trust: My Favorite Dividend Play [View article]
    no question if SD goes under, PER will come under pressure but PER's assets would be unaffected long term.

SD survived 2008 when oil was under $50 and if we get something worse than 2008 SD will be the least of my worries.
    Mar 27 10:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Magnum Hunter: Small Driller With Huge Potential, Hidden Assets [View article]
    Thanks. I wasn't projecting production but I think its safe to say the company's forecast for production is on track.
    Sep 24 11:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't know if they spin off the MLP as a dividend to holders or as a means to raise cash in an ipo. My guess is a combination.
    Sep 20 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SuperMedia: Unparalleled Value and Unique Turnaround Play in One [View article]
    I sold my SPMD after the last earnings report . Revenue is definitely declining faster than expected and the turnaround promised from super guarantee has not materialized. I think the company will be lucky now to earn $5 this year which means the stock is no longer cheap by any means, if one factors in the secular decline of the yellow pages business.
    May 16 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sales Estimates for Dendreon's Provenge Are Too Low [View article]
    I agree with you on the pricing. I would like to see them price Provenge in the $60-70,000 range, the last thing Dendreon needs is a backlash.
    May 20 11:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Sales Estimates for Dendreon's Provenge Are Too Low [View article]
    For those of you who think I am way off base with my assumptions on both pricing and the potential Provenge market size, I urge you to avoid DNDN or even short the stock .

However I would point out that yesterday in Boston at investor meetings ,the Dendreon CEO Mitch Gold hinted at pricing of Provenge around $80,000 per patient. He aso stated that the potential market size for the drug was around 100,000 patients per year.

So even if they capture only half the potential market that makes it a $4 billion dollar drug, higher than my estimate .
    May 20 11:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment