This user currently has no profile.
Dana Blankenhorn http://www.danablankenhorn.com has been a business journalist since 1978, and a futurist all his life.He warned about the coming Houston oil collapse in 1979. He began making a living on the Internet in 1985. He launched the first e-commerce daily for CMP in 1994, warned of the coming dot-bomb at a-clue.com in 1997 and began covering the Internet of Things in 2003.Along the way he's written for a host of newspapers, magazines, news services and Web sites. Most recently he was at ZDNet, covering open source and health IT. He still has time for freelance assignments. He lives in Atlanta.
- Description: Occasional Investor. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, ETFs, Retirement savings, Stocks - long, Tech stocks
Dana Blankenhorn Dana Blankenhorn is a writer, journalist, blogger and futurist, always looking for the next technology frontier, scouting it out for publications as they appear, and often moving on once the area is settled. Right now he's into solar and other forms of renewable energy. That's where our real economic growth ...More
will come from in the next decade, replacing the present scarcity with abundance. If you need an experienced freelancer, write. If you want free advice, write. If you like writing, write. Writing every day is the key to happiness. Looking hopefully toward the future will keep you young. Getting out at the peak will make you rich. Follow him on twitter @danablankenhorn.
Dana Blankenhorn and the War Against Oil Dana covers more than energy at this blog. Anything that no one else is buying goes into the hopper -- health, personal stuff, politics, you name it. Always done with the aim of provoking thought and looking to the future.
Moore's Lore: Better and Better, Faster and Faster Moore's Lore aims to arm you with an understanding of how and why technology changes so quickly. By extending the Moore's Law metaphor to other areas it touches -- hard disks, optical fiber, and WiFi -- it also entertains and amuses. He also covers how Moore's Law changes have transformed a variety of ...More
industries. It's all predictable once you understand it, and it keeps on keeping on.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Opportunity knocks when markets panic for no good reason. 6 days ago
Latest Comments more »
- Part of the TSLA model in t... on In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or...
- I did not state that AOL is... on Comcast Trying On AOL For Size
- I like it. I really do. But... on The Texas Oil Strike
- Congratulations. Just remem... on Twitter Bulls Won't Get Fooled Again
- SPWR does have some advanta... on In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or...
Latest comments on Dana Blankenhorn's Articles
- bwmaki on In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or...
- KYSANMAN on Looking For Winners In Cloud Applications
- Dana Blankenhorn on In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or...
- Solar Guru on In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or...
- Windsun33 on In The Wake Of Tesla Announcement, SunEdison Or...
Latest Articles on Quick Picks & Lists
Trading Is Back Mon, Apr. 20