Dana Blankenhorn

View Dana Blankenhorn's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cardinal FANG, Fetch The Comfy Chair [View article]
    Don't know that FB is going to "Drive Sales." The view that they're not selling stuff may be behind their underperformance. I suspect that in the next several months many analysts will come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter as much as they thought. Money is money.
    Aug 29, 2015. 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Stock Has Suffered Enough [View article]
    If you wait for the perfect entry point you never make money. There is too much support for WMT, in the form of buybacks and actual profit, for it to go to $50, unless the Dow goes to 10,000.
    Aug 28, 2015. 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cardinal FANG, Fetch The Comfy Chair [View article]
    That's my conclusion, although I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I'm pretty happy with my current positions, AAPL and GOOGL and AMZN. Got especially strong in AMZN, when lots here were saying it was worthless. I haven't heard from them in some time...
    Aug 28, 2015. 12:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    538 did a story very similar to mine, with numbers. http://53eig.ht/1KI4hfD I didn't see it before I wrote, but the numbers agree with me.
    Aug 27, 2015. 11:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    If the most efficient way to reduce population were through war, then the Middle East, sub-Saharan Africa and the south side of Chicago would be depopulated by now.
    Aug 27, 2015. 08:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    The 2nd Amendment was only interpreted as giving any legitimacy to gun ownership in 2007, D.C. vs. Heller, written by Justice Scalia. Don't buy the nonsense that "the founders" wanted militias formed against the government. It is, in fact, strictly a militia amendment, meant for things like the 1786 Shay's Rebellion and the 1994 Whiskey Rebellion. We really thought militias could do the work in of a standing army until the War of 1812 proved they could not.
    Aug 27, 2015. 08:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's A Small World After All [View article]
    Because they need cash and can't get it from the oil they own.
    Aug 27, 2015. 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    Care to join me in the fiery pits of hell, then? <g> I got sunscreen.
    Aug 26, 2015. 06:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It Was Just A Correction: Take Advantage [View article]
    On the other hand we recovered from both those incidents and moved on to higher highs. And the circus must come to town some time.
    Aug 26, 2015. 06:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    When anyone, or any group, becomes more powerful than the government, they become the government. This applies to the Koch Brothers as much as it does Mexican Narcotraffickers.

What that means is I'm a democrat. Also a Democrat. I don't mind people being anti-Democratic. I do mind their being anti-democratic, and rejecting the legitimacy of government that is of the people, by the people, and for the people.
    Aug 26, 2015. 05:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    Actually, prices don't usually increase nearly enough, and unemployment doesn't grow nearly enough, to offset minimum wage increases. Especially when government spending on income assistance is taken into account.
    Aug 26, 2015. 05:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    To whom much is given, much is expected. I guess Jesus Christ was a socialist.
    Aug 26, 2015. 05:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    The problem with a consumption tax is that those who are hoarding the money, and refusing to recycle it, are not hit by it.

Give me a good old-fashioned Death Tax that makes damned sure my kids won't be ruled by Paris Hilton or some worthless Walton great-grandbaby. It's important that anyone can rise. It's also important that anyone can fall.
    Aug 26, 2015. 03:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    Best way to reduce global population is through prosperity. Once a family has a roof, food, and hope for their kids, they tend to make fewer kids. In this way the population bomb has already been defused in most of the world, where birthrates are below replacement.
    Aug 26, 2015. 02:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keep Calm And Carry On Investing [View article]
    Thank you for your service. Hope the VA is treating you as you deserve to be treated as well.
    Aug 26, 2015. 02:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment