Dana Blankenhorn

View Dana Blankenhorn's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Paul Krugman Is Right [View article]
    You don't need "massive" spending if you are willing to write off bad debts. Then only lend for things that you feel certain will generate a return.
    Nov 16, 2012. 05:40 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Underlying Disaster In Europe Accelerating: Spain's Finances Collapsing [View article]
    My apologies James. My comment was addressed more at the extremists I find commenters than you.

Betting on armageddon is a bad bet. I think we agree on that. The only question here is who will take the pain in the final negotiation. What neither side understands is that the negotiation is the pain.
    Sep 25, 2012. 03:00 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ARM, Intel, And Customization: Clearing Up Some Key Points [View article]
    This is a valuable article I commend to all Seekingalpha members. We're lucky to have people like Ashraf writing for us.
    Sep 20, 2012. 11:59 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Natural Gas Liquids Are Following Natural Gas Off A Fracking Cliff [View article]
    You complain about the President when the price rises, and you complain about him when the price falls. Can't be both.
    Jul 16, 2012. 12:13 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The economy is at a "tipping point," with a "substantial" probability the U.S. could lurch again into recession, Robert Shiller says. The economy, now "immune to Keynesian crack," has deteriorated to the point where "when the demand isn't there, you can lower interest rates all the way to zero and people are still not willing to spend."  [View news story]
    Sorry, but you're wrong. This President came into office after the ambulance had crashed. I think you know it.

The ambulance is out of the ditch, but we can't really grow until we invest in technology that cuts the tie we now have to hydrocarbons. That's Obama's policy failure, but the ultimate answer to the problem doesn't lie in policy of any sort.
    Jun 15, 2011. 07:17 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Amazon Is Still Cheap [View article]
    You mean, like Paulo? Those who think the stock is worthless? The market disagrees. I'm putting forth a case for the market, and the market is usually right.
    Mar 15, 2015. 10:48 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch Won't Impact The Stock Right Away [View article]
    I did find it interesting how the electronics for a fully-featured laptop can go on such a tiny board that most of what's inside the case is the battery, and the size of the case is defined by the keyboard. Yes.
    Mar 9, 2015. 05:44 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Cisco Really Back With A Vengeance? [View article]
    You are free to take in, or ignore, any summary point, from me or anyone else.

The purpose of SA isn't to have one way traffic, between "experts" and "novices." The purpose is to offer an opportunity for everyone -- you included -- to learn together with everyone else here. And to teach, along with everyone else here.

Very often the comment threads are the best part of an SA story. I know I learn more from them than from what I write.
    Feb 12, 2015. 03:33 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can IBM Possibly Go Even Lower? [View article]
    You have already given it more attention than you claimed you would. Giving it less attention than something on a Yahoo message board means you don't reply.

Which means you think there's something to discuss here. So let's discuss it.
    Feb 11, 2015. 01:33 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Last Chance To Dump Twitter [View article]
    yes. I will tweet this story the moment it becomes available to the general public.
    Feb 6, 2015. 09:45 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • One Word Sums Up Google's Problem [View article]
    I'm on FB but I never go there. Never go to LinkedIn, either.
    Jan 30, 2015. 11:22 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Has Become The Most Underrated Stock [View article]
    OK, you Apple bears....let us have it! <duck>
    Apr 9, 2013. 01:50 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fiscal Cliff: How Bad Would It Be? [View article]
    Sorry, but you lost that argument last week. The stimulus indeed worked, we're not in a depression, and the fiscal impact of that has nearly disappeared.

What we're left with are tax cuts that weren't paid for and wars that weren't paid for. The bills on those have come due. Pay.
    Nov 12, 2012. 10:25 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fiscal Cliff: How Bad Would It Be? [View article]
    Both parties signed off on this. Don't make partisan politics out of mutual cowardice.
    Nov 12, 2012. 09:31 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What makes sense for individuals doesn't work for businesses. Businesses that do what you suggest usually go out of business. They don't make good investments, because they're shedding assets, leaving sales unmade, screwing the employees and killing morale.

Countries aren't people, my friend. They're businesses. Which also aren't people, my friend.
    Sep 26, 2012. 10:33 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment