Dane Bowler

View Dane Bowler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Omega Healthcare: Quality At A Discount [View article]
    Stanford,

I have no insight of value on their dividend policy. It will come down to a board decision.

To be honest, I think shareholders win either way. We will either get a big dividend that is very well covered or an enormous dividend that is fairly well covered.
    Aug 28, 2015. 10:56 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Omega Healthcare: Quality At A Discount [View article]
    SNR is very cheap, but i'm worried about senior housing fundamentals
    Aug 28, 2015. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Omega Healthcare: Quality At A Discount [View article]
    Dirk,

Thank you for the well-written comment. I agree with you that one cannot judge the interest rate sensitivity of a stock or category of stocks from a single day's behavior.

My point was that IF OHI is sensitive to interest rates, it fundamentally got more valuable when rates dropped, thereby making it a buying opportunity. I was covering both sides of the debate with no stated opinion on whether or not OHI is interest rate sensitive.
    Aug 28, 2015. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    berloe,

Their high yield comes from their market price being absurdly low.

Yield = dividend/Price.

They are an equity REIT with almost all of their revenues coming from rent from real properties. I would encourage you to check their 10Q if you still don't feel comfortable.
    Aug 27, 2015. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Joshua,

That isn't my estimate. It is the FactSet consensus estimate of $1.67 for 2016 FFO.

I think it is plausible due to timing of the recent acquisition. 2015 numbers were harmed by the timing as it was acquired in 3Q and it produces 45% of its NOI in Q1. Hence, 2016 will catch all the NOI while 2015 didnt.
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Marc,

I am long CORR BRG and WSR. If you check my profile for archived articles, I have full articles on each of these names
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jgrever,

I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment

"declining in price (but not value)"

Thanks for reading and best of luck to you
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Baron,

Thanks for the comment
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wallstpirate,

IRT has fallen far more than it should given the multi-family nature of its properties. The rest of the sector has been cherished by the market while IRT falls through the cracks.

The TSRE deal does not appear accretive to me on a P/FFO basis, but it is highly beneficial from a portfolio quality perspective. Overall, it should be mildly beneficial to IRT's stock price in the long run.
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    stocks4dividends,

Well the answer I would give is very different than you would hear other places as my portfolio is nearly 100% REITs.

In my opinion, it is possible to build a fully diversified portfolio of only REITs as their fundamentals are so different if you buy the right ones. However, please recognize that most financial professionals would cap the exposure far lower than this.
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:42 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    stocks4dividends,

GOOD is on sale this morning. It has been down over 10% on no fundamental news
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    berloe,

As far as i know 100% comes from real estate rent. GOOD is a equity REIT that does triple net sale leasebacks. it is not an mREIT
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Marc,

Thanks and I look forward to working with you
    Aug 21, 2015. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    golden,

I appreciate the comment and thanks for reading
    Aug 21, 2015. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    galicianova,

I am still long OHI and VTR. Both, in my opinion are still cheap. Within that space, MPW is bigger opportunity at the moment.
    Aug 21, 2015. 12:31 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment