Dane Bowler

View Dane Bowler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Finding Value In The Promising Healthcare Sector With Brookdale Senior Living [View article]
    The FFO data comes from SNL Financial. Thanks for reading
    May 1, 2013. 09:03 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I've Never Owned A Rolex, But Maybe It's Time To Invest In Taubman [View article]
    Brad,

Great work here and a well reasoned conclusion.
    Apr 29, 2013. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Buyout Brings Opportunity To MPG Office Trust Shareholders [View article]
    It is being purchased by a fund 47% owned by BPO. Whether or not that requires BPO to pay the accrued before it can maintain a dividend on its common I am unsure.
    Apr 29, 2013. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Buyout Brings Opportunity To MPG Office Trust Shareholders [View article]
    Sliman,

You are definitely right about preferred mispricing. Shortly after the financial crisis many high quality preferreds were available at less than 50% of liquidation preference. It seems obvious, but these things happen all the time.

I had not been aware of the history of RBS preferred mispricing, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
    Apr 26, 2013. 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Equinix: Is The King Of Colocation A Buy? [View article]
    Dataplumber,

That is a valid point. Thanks for extending the discussion.
    Apr 26, 2013. 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Buyout Brings Opportunity To MPG Office Trust Shareholders [View article]
    winwood,

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that the agreement stipulates no interest. It specifically said that the new preferred shares will get the accrued dividends and continue to yield the same coupon. If you are referring to the tendered shares, the no interest was referring to the $25.00. Specifically, that there will be no interest payed on the $25.00 over the time period it takes to actually get it to those who accept the tender offer.

This is not referring to dividends.

In terms of the lawsuits, I think they will have no effect. If the argument is that MPG breached fiduciary duties, I believe it will fall flat as there is not sufficient evidence to prove that. In my opinion, this buy-out is a great deal for both the common and preferred shareholders. Given the dire state of MPG, holding out for a better offer would be more deleterious to value.
    Apr 26, 2013. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Buyout Brings Opportunity To MPG Office Trust Shareholders [View article]
    Sid,

The wording is fairly confusing, but I believe they would not be able to pay a common dividend until the accrued portion is paid. In the language it says "the company" and I am assuming that is referring to BPO.

As a company that currently pays a common dividend, I would presume that they would elect to pay the accrued rather than cancelling their dividend.

Thanks for reading
    Apr 25, 2013. 08:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lucrative Prospects In Shipping Containers [View article]
    I believe the sector drop is consequent so some weakness revealed in CAP's earnings report and conference call. They discussed weaker than expected fleet utilization as well as reduced investment opportunities.

In my opinion, the price drop was an overreaction and represents an excellent entrance point. Hawmps, I believe you made a good choice in picking them up cheap today.
    Apr 25, 2013. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earnings Season: What To Expect As REIT 1Q Earnings Reports Come In [View article]
    ejmail,

The reason I don't own FUR is because of the incredibly risky nature of its business. At a low enough price, the reward outweighs the risk, but the price is not yet low enough for me to dive in.
    Apr 23, 2013. 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aviv REIT: A New Contender In The Promising Healthcare Sector [View article]
    SNL Financial lists acquisition information for REITs. I believe the same information would be publicly available in the 10K
    Apr 23, 2013. 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lucrative Prospects In Shipping Containers [View article]
    well, that is the beauty of the short useful life of containers. Unless new containers are continually built, there is actually negative net supply. It simply requires the lessors correctly predicting the slowdown which is admittedly a difficult thing to do.
    Apr 22, 2013. 09:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Industrial REITs Part 3: Lexington Realty Trust [View article]
    underhill,

Unfortunately I cannot help you there. I have absolutely no familiarity with Canadian stocks.

Good luck,
    Dane
    Apr 22, 2013. 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Industrial REITs Part 3: Lexington Realty Trust [View article]
    Well, I actually wrote a full length focus article on FUR. It is, however, a PRO article and beyond its open period so it is only accessible to subscribers.

Otherwise, the article I am writing today has a section on FUR, so stay tuned. Thanks for reading
    Apr 22, 2013. 11:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Beware The False 8.09% Dividend And Expensive Acreage Of Gladstone Land [View article]
    Woody,

Great information! Thank you for providing insight from a true industry professional.
    Apr 20, 2013. 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REISA Conference Reveals Valuable Information About Non-Traded REITs [View article]
    mgordon19,

There is potential in that strategy, but usually the price gets slashed because of an actual loss of value. It would take extensive research to find the mispricings.
    Apr 20, 2013. 08:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment