Dane Bowler

View Dane Bowler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Deep Value And Near-Term Catalysts Position Winthrop For Outperformance [View article]
    Jan 16 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Impending Dividend Cut Makes Gladstone Land A Prime Short Opportunity [View article]
    bale,

In my opinion, it is still not an opportunistic buy. Perhaps in the $12 range it could become a potential long position
    Jan 12 10:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    It wasn't directly transferred to CBL, but that is roughly correct.
    Jan 10 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    galicianova,

Its not as compelling as it was, but it is still far from overvalued in my opinion.
    Jan 10 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Galicianova,

AEC has fallen relatively less than some other REITS, so that is mostly a pricing decision.
    Jan 10 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    bale,

The last batch of dividends was announced on the 8th of October, so assuming a quarterly cycle of announcement of a batch of 3 monthly dividends, it should be in the next day or two.
    Jan 7 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Jan 7 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Rubygreta,

If you lack the time to perform the due diligence to pick individual securities, a Vanguard ETF can be a great way to go. Solid diversification and low fees.
    Jan 7 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    FCFGUY,

They didn't elect to start the oversized dividend, they legally HAD to. When a company first becomes a REIT as LAND did, they have to pay out a certain portion of former aggregated earnings. This was all announced in the press release. Now that they have paid out an amount sufficient to match legal compliance, they can bring the dividend down to a sustainable level.

In some ways, 0.04 monthly isn't even considered a cut. It is just a cessation of the "special" dividends.

I hope this helps to clarify
    Jan 3 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    FCFGUY,

Please reread the article as all of the issues you bring up were addressed directly.
    Jan 2 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT Tax Loss Selling Creates Opportunity [View article]
    ricksteph,

It is hard for me to believe that the drops were for fundamental reasons when the 4 selected companies are performing so well fundamentally. It didn't make sense to detail these fundamentals in the article, but the provided links make that case for me.

I hope this helps to clarify and thank you for furthering the discussion.
    Dec 29 12:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    runningyet,

The dividend cut will have no impact on GOOD because it was never intended to go above $0.04 monthly. This cut is not indicative of poor company performance, simply a cessation of the "special" dividend required for REIT compliance.
    Dec 28 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    erick,

Yes, the short seller is responsible for the dividend. However, the last special dividend went ex on the 16th of December so the short seller will NOT be responsible for that. Shorts will only have to pay the going forward div rate which is far less painful.

I hope this clarifies, and thank you for furthering the discussion.
    Dec 27 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bale,

As you know, the yield will depend on the market price. I don't think anything beyond $0.48 annually is feasible in the next couple years, so the 4-5% yield is only feasible if the market price drops substantially.

At its current growth rate, I don't think it will drop quite that far, but if we assume that my thesis is right, you may get the opportunity to buy at a high 3% yield.

I hope this helps
    Dec 27 01:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    netwall,

In going public as a REIT, LAND was required to pay out a certain percent of its accumulated earnings. Consequently, in 2013, LAND is paying out earnings not only from 2013, but from prior years as well. Going forward, it will only need to pay out 90% of current year earnings to meet REIT requirements. the $0.04 monthly will be easily sufficient to cover this requirement.

I hope this helps to clarify, and thanks for reading
    Dec 26 02:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment