Dane Bowler

View Dane Bowler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ashford Hospitality Presents A Potential 40% Upside Catalyzed By Impending Spin-Off [View article]
    shotgun,

I believe its $0.48 annually for AHT and $0.16 for AHP
    Nov 29 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yep, the aggregate valuation of AHT and AHP is around $12.79.
    Nov 22 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jconopask,

Everything you just said was touched on in the article. If you look at the chart, I placed AHT around the 65% (approximate) percentile. This leaves plenty of room for PEBB BEE and DRH which I agree do have superior asset quality.

In each of the categories, I was not suggesting that AHT was the best, but rather that it was above the median. The argument was about each category as an isolated variable which makes reasoning (in my opinion) a stronger argument than statistics.

It sounds like our thoughts on these matters are quite similar so I'm not quire sure where you are disagreeing with me.

Thanks for reading, and I would be happy to address further concerns.
    Nov 15 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Implied value,

Yes, I am still bullish on and long SOHO. I agree that it certainly was cheaper, but with its substantial move these past weeks i'll have to re-evaluate.

Thanks for reading
    Nov 15 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    galicianova,

the 5 stock portfolio was never actually suggested, it was merely an example to illustrate a concept. As for my personal portfolio, I intend to keep posting updates. It is just a matter of finding the time to actually do that.

Thanks for reading.
    Nov 12 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    User447425,

The FactSet consensus NAV per share is $12.84
    Nov 12 01:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CBL & Associates Is Poised To Profit On J.C. Penney's Potential Demise [View article]
    I appreciate all of the counterarguments made in the comments. Many of you have made very valid points and the reality is probably somewhere in-between my bullish thesis and the counterarguments. Inclusion of your counterarguments helps illuminate the entire spectrum of expectations, so thank you.
    Oct 15 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Nate,

CBL is a REIT so P/E is traditionally not considered a valid metric for it. If you look instead at the P/FFO I believe you will find a different story.

Hope this helps,
    Dane
    Oct 15 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Josh,

Good question,

I agree that it would be difficult to re-tenant over 8mm square feet on a timely basis, but I believe it is plausible because CBL has a wide variety of options. In the event that there is insufficient "big-box" demand, CBL could put the space to other use.

For example, with some renovation, a gym could find use for the typically 2 story high space. In addition to likely paying more rent than a JCP, the gym would bring in more foot-traffic that would enhance the sales of other stores.

It would take some creativity and intelligent planning, but I believe CBL has the tools to make this an opportunity.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this answered your question.
    Oct 14 02:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Puzzling 15mm Share Issuance Sends Summit Hotels Plunging [View article]
    constable,

I agree. There seems to be an overall attitude that equity issuance is dilutive, but this is not always the case. Each issuance must be evaluated individually and the price drops that frequently occur can be big opportunities.
    Sep 17 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Puzzling 15mm Share Issuance Sends Summit Hotels Plunging [View article]
    galicianova,

Still long mpw. The fundamentals of most of the REITs have not changed much, only the pricing.
    Sep 14 10:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Puzzling 15mm Share Issuance Sends Summit Hotels Plunging [View article]
    alschroed,

Yeah, I'm getting my MBA so i've been too busy to write lately, but once that's over I'll be back.
    Sep 13 08:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weyerhaeuser Is Irrationally Cheap With Powerful Catalysts [View article]
    Palladium,

In terms of the intersegment sales, those can simply be deferred to the broader market and therefore are not lost. Furthermore, you are isolating the sale without including the accretion from the purchase of the timberland. If you look at the overall company, it is clear that earnings are not going to drop by 26.5%.
    Aug 23 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weyerhaeuser Is Irrationally Cheap With Powerful Catalysts [View article]
    galicia,

Well, they are very different businesses. If you like the specialty fiber business go with RYN, but as a timber REIT WY might be the way to go.
    Aug 20 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medical Properties Trust Will Rise As It Proves Resilient In A Challenging Environment [View article]
    Gators,

All I'm hearing from you are assumptions and emotion. Lets look at the facts.

As you point out, MPW made a very large acquisition. This needed to be financed and they did a mix of debt and equity to do so. The equity was sold below market price as is typical of equity issuance. What is happening here is extremely standard acquisition behavior and your making it sound like its management diluting shareholders.

Furthermore, the cap rate on the acquisition was not announced so we cannot say that the offering was accretive or dilutive until we know. However, if the acquisition was above an 8% cap rate, (which basically every healthcare REIT acquisition is) then it would be accretive even with the unfortunate issuance price.

Yes MPW's price has tanked, but its fundamentals are still sturdy. It HAS proven resilient thus far and any market price fluctuation is just general market panic. PLEASE look at the actual performance of its business, not a panicky REIT market's behavior. If you were of the impression that it was just MPW tanking, take a look at ^RMZ.

I hope this answers your questions, and thanks for furthering the discussion.
    Aug 17 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment