Dane Bowler

View Dane Bowler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ventas: Get Blue Chip Quality Without Paying For It [View article]
    Thanks Morgan, I look forward to reading your article.
    Dec 6 12:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ventas: Get Blue Chip Quality Without Paying For It [View article]
    Morgan,

Sorry for the late response. While that article was about VTR vs OHI, I regard Ventas as the highest quality healthcare REIT and this includes HCP and HCN. I hope this helps clarify my position and thanks for furthering the discussion.
    Dec 6 01:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ventas: Get Blue Chip Quality Without Paying For It [View article]
    galicianova,

I am still of the impression that HTA is overpriced relative to the other healthcare REITS. That being said, I am less familiar with HTA than I am with some of the others so don't put too much stake in my opinion on HTA.
    Dec 3 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ventas: Get Blue Chip Quality Without Paying For It [View article]
    implied value,

In my opinion, VTR is higher quality. For the reasons why please reference my former VTR article.

Dec 3 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ventas: Get Blue Chip Quality Without Paying For It [View article]
    platonic,

As far as I know, there is no way to measure when most of the tax-loss selling is complete. It is a judgement call.
    Dec 2 02:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ashford Hospitality Presents A Potential 40% Upside Catalyzed By Impending Spin-Off [View article]
    Galicianova,

In my opinion AHT is a better value than AHP at current pricing. In terms of HT, I think it is a decent stock but not opportunistic at the moment.

Just my opinion.
    Nov 29 04:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    shotgun,

I believe its $0.48 annually for AHT and $0.16 for AHP
    Nov 29 04:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yep, the aggregate valuation of AHT and AHP is around $12.79.
    Nov 22 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jconopask,

Everything you just said was touched on in the article. If you look at the chart, I placed AHT around the 65% (approximate) percentile. This leaves plenty of room for PEBB BEE and DRH which I agree do have superior asset quality.

In each of the categories, I was not suggesting that AHT was the best, but rather that it was above the median. The argument was about each category as an isolated variable which makes reasoning (in my opinion) a stronger argument than statistics.

It sounds like our thoughts on these matters are quite similar so I'm not quire sure where you are disagreeing with me.

Thanks for reading, and I would be happy to address further concerns.
    Nov 15 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Implied value,

Yes, I am still bullish on and long SOHO. I agree that it certainly was cheaper, but with its substantial move these past weeks i'll have to re-evaluate.

Thanks for reading
    Nov 15 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    galicianova,

the 5 stock portfolio was never actually suggested, it was merely an example to illustrate a concept. As for my personal portfolio, I intend to keep posting updates. It is just a matter of finding the time to actually do that.

Thanks for reading.
    Nov 12 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    User447425,

The FactSet consensus NAV per share is $12.84
    Nov 12 01:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • CBL & Associates Is Poised To Profit On J.C. Penney's Potential Demise [View article]
    I appreciate all of the counterarguments made in the comments. Many of you have made very valid points and the reality is probably somewhere in-between my bullish thesis and the counterarguments. Inclusion of your counterarguments helps illuminate the entire spectrum of expectations, so thank you.
    Oct 15 01:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Nate,

CBL is a REIT so P/E is traditionally not considered a valid metric for it. If you look instead at the P/FFO I believe you will find a different story.

Hope this helps,
    Dane
    Oct 15 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Josh,

Good question,

I agree that it would be difficult to re-tenant over 8mm square feet on a timely basis, but I believe it is plausible because CBL has a wide variety of options. In the event that there is insufficient "big-box" demand, CBL could put the space to other use.

For example, with some renovation, a gym could find use for the typically 2 story high space. In addition to likely paying more rent than a JCP, the gym would bring in more foot-traffic that would enhance the sales of other stores.

It would take some creativity and intelligent planning, but I believe CBL has the tools to make this an opportunity.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this answered your question.
    Oct 14 02:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment