Dane Bowler

View Dane Bowler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Prominent Sector Headwind Stifles The Growth Of Sabra Healthcare [View article]
    Jim,

Good question. The reason I chose SBRA is because it is, in my opinion, the most likely to be mistaken for a growth stock due to its history of very rapid growth. Stocks like OHI are more likely to be perceived as dividend plays which again, in my opinion, is a more accurate perception. This article was mostly intended as a warning to those who might be buying SBRA expecting large growth.

Thanks for reading
    May 18, 2014. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    deanmortensen,

Thank you for the kind words. CBL is certainly interesting right now. If it can successfully retenant the JCP vacancies it is positions for material outperformance.
    Jan 23, 2014. 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Value And Near-Term Catalysts Position Winthrop For Outperformance [View article]
    passerby,

My guess would be that the opportunities she was referring to on the call are being realized.
    Jan 17, 2014. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Impending Dividend Cut Makes Gladstone Land A Prime Short Opportunity [View article]
    srmcharts,

They may have trouble covering it in the near-term, but given the recent acquisitions, I anticipate it will be covered before the end of 2014.
    Jan 16, 2014. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jan 16, 2014. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bale,

In my opinion, it is still not an opportunistic buy. Perhaps in the $12 range it could become a potential long position
    Jan 12, 2014. 10:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    It wasn't directly transferred to CBL, but that is roughly correct.
    Jan 10, 2014. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    galicianova,

Its not as compelling as it was, but it is still far from overvalued in my opinion.
    Jan 10, 2014. 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Galicianova,

AEC has fallen relatively less than some other REITS, so that is mostly a pricing decision.
    Jan 10, 2014. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    bale,

The last batch of dividends was announced on the 8th of October, so assuming a quarterly cycle of announcement of a batch of 3 monthly dividends, it should be in the next day or two.
    Jan 7, 2014. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Jan 7, 2014. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Rubygreta,

If you lack the time to perform the due diligence to pick individual securities, a Vanguard ETF can be a great way to go. Solid diversification and low fees.
    Jan 7, 2014. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    FCFGUY,

They didn't elect to start the oversized dividend, they legally HAD to. When a company first becomes a REIT as LAND did, they have to pay out a certain portion of former aggregated earnings. This was all announced in the press release. Now that they have paid out an amount sufficient to match legal compliance, they can bring the dividend down to a sustainable level.

In some ways, 0.04 monthly isn't even considered a cut. It is just a cessation of the "special" dividends.

I hope this helps to clarify
    Jan 3, 2014. 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    FCFGUY,

Please reread the article as all of the issues you bring up were addressed directly.
    Jan 2, 2014. 05:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT Tax Loss Selling Creates Opportunity [View article]
    ricksteph,

It is hard for me to believe that the drops were for fundamental reasons when the 4 selected companies are performing so well fundamentally. It didn't make sense to detail these fundamentals in the article, but the provided links make that case for me.

I hope this helps to clarify and thank you for furthering the discussion.
    Dec 29, 2013. 12:51 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment