Dane Bowler

View Dane Bowler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sotherly Hotels Still Has Room To Run [View article]
    I am in SOHO and not AHT presently.
    Aug 29, 2014. 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT Valuations Part 2: Industrial [View article]
    Steve,

Congrats on the timely entry into STAG. I would agree with you in the sense that it is less overvalued than its peers. Hopefully they can maintain their niche without too many new entrants.
    Aug 26, 2014. 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unrecognized Quality Presents 48% Upside At Brixmor Properties [View article]
    Berloe,

I echo your sentiments on Blackstone, but it should be noted that they are not selling because they find BRX weak. They are selling because that is how they take their initial investment full cycle.

Thanks for reading, and good to hear from you Berloe
    Aug 12, 2014. 04:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unrecognized Quality Presents 48% Upside At Brixmor Properties [View article]
    Crimsonbey,

It may have been excessive in the past, but their debt load is within the normal healthy range for a REIT. The well-structured and reasonably safe balance sheet is one of the reasons BRX was able to get an investment grade rating.
    Aug 12, 2014. 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unrecognized Quality Presents 48% Upside At Brixmor Properties [View article]
    mjtroll,

While there is something to be said for buying at the low end of the range, I would caution that strategy here.

As BRX is so new, it may not be to its range yet. Fundamentally speaking, I don't see a reason that it will reliably dip before it gets closer to its intrinsic value. Perhaps some noise will provide a good entry point, but in my opinion there is substantial risk of missing the boat.
    Aug 11, 2014. 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unrecognized Quality Presents 48% Upside At Brixmor Properties [View article]
    Justin,

BRX's big grocery tenants are Kroger, Publix and Walmart.

Hope this helps and thanks for reading
    Aug 11, 2014. 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An 8.6% Yielding REIT Preferred With Upside From Pareto Superior Pricing [View article]
    galicianova,

They are differently safe. NRF is a more teniored underlying company, but now that it is spinning off divisions, the equity base beneath the preferred is shrinking. Similar magnitude of risk in my opinion, but different concerns.
    Aug 10, 2014. 05:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REIT Conversions Offer Valuable Clues As To The Strength Of This Bedrock Asset Class [View article]
    Brad,

Thank you for the article as it exemplifies why Seeking Alpha is such a great platform. Between our articles, readers can get both sides of the issue and make an informed decision for themselves.

I always welcome counter-arguments to my articles, especially when done in a professional and respectful tone as you have here.

Enjoy the weekend,
    Dane
    Aug 8, 2014. 03:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Independence Realty Trust's 7.4% Yield Is Worth A Look Here [View article]
    Bgraham,

Josh will likely have an opinion on this too, but i'll jump in with my view.

I have met with Scott Schaeffer and he strikes me as an honest man. Thus far, management has not done anything that seems like a conflict of interest, but it is always good to keep a skeptical eye on these things.
    Aug 4, 2014. 05:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Independence Realty Trust's 7.4% Yield Is Worth A Look Here [View article]
    Josh and rdbach,

I'm not sure that I qualify as an expert opinion, but i'll do my best.

RAS has become very cheap in these past couple weeks and has very strong upside potential. Its market price is being held down at the moment by a legacy asset (Tabernas) which is making their earnings appear negative despite a very healthy cashflow. While Tabernas is not actually costing them money as they already value it at 0, the paper loss creates confusion and discomfort with the stock in the market. As it clears off the balance sheet, the enormous CAD will become visible to the market and hopefully, the value will be realized.

I am long both RAS and IRT.

Thanks for the article Josh and the kind words
    Aug 4, 2014. 05:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    James,
    The C pays a much lower coupon due to being variable, in my opinion it is not as good
    Jul 28, 2014. 12:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    griffbos,

I was not referring to it having a higher coupon, but rather a higher current yield (price/dividend).

it did jump nicely today, and is almost in balance with RSO-A. I think the current yield spread will go a little bit further than the 1 basis point it closed at today, but RSO-B has definitely moved in the right direction with today's gains.

Thanks for reading and continuing the discussion
    Jul 24, 2014. 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sotherly Hotels Still Has Room To Run [View article]
    Galicianova,

Hersha is a great company in my opinion. Their NYC properties have appreciated nicely as hotel NAV rises in major MSAs, and they have been smart enough to be a seller into the trend rather than a buyer.
    Jul 21, 2014. 11:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Behavioral Overreaction Makes Select Income Realty An Opportunity [View article]
    freeman,

I wouldn't call selling at a massive profit "abandoning ship". CWH took advantage of the Portnoy's fears to make an intelligent profit.
    Jul 15, 2014. 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ditten,

I didn't mean to suggest that it was not relevant, rather that it was already priced in. the 33% discount to market median suggests value destroying acts by management were already expected.
    Jul 13, 2014. 12:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment