Dane Bowler

View Dane Bowler's Comments BY TICKER:
  • American Realty Capital Properties: Rapid Growth At A Cheap Price [View article]
    doug,

The preferred is cheaper for them than common equity so in my opinion it is unlikely to be called in the near term.
    May 24, 2014. 03:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    rlp2451,

Well, ARCP has a total acquisition pipeline for 2014 of roughly $4.5B, so some of the equity issuance is for future acquisitions in addition to catching up on former ones.

I hope this helps to clarify and thanks for reading
    May 24, 2014. 03:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    galicianova,

Sorry for the long absence, I've been away at school working on getting an MBA. I'll be writing full time this summer
    May 24, 2014. 03:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Prominent Sector Headwind Stifles The Growth Of Sabra Healthcare [View article]
    Jim,

Good question. The reason I chose SBRA is because it is, in my opinion, the most likely to be mistaken for a growth stock due to its history of very rapid growth. Stocks like OHI are more likely to be perceived as dividend plays which again, in my opinion, is a more accurate perception. This article was mostly intended as a warning to those who might be buying SBRA expecting large growth.

Thanks for reading
    May 18, 2014. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    deanmortensen,

Thank you for the kind words. CBL is certainly interesting right now. If it can successfully retenant the JCP vacancies it is positions for material outperformance.
    Jan 23, 2014. 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deep Value And Near-Term Catalysts Position Winthrop For Outperformance [View article]
    passerby,

My guess would be that the opportunities she was referring to on the call are being realized.
    Jan 17, 2014. 03:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Impending Dividend Cut Makes Gladstone Land A Prime Short Opportunity [View article]
    srmcharts,

They may have trouble covering it in the near-term, but given the recent acquisitions, I anticipate it will be covered before the end of 2014.
    Jan 16, 2014. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jan 16, 2014. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bale,

In my opinion, it is still not an opportunistic buy. Perhaps in the $12 range it could become a potential long position
    Jan 12, 2014. 10:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    It wasn't directly transferred to CBL, but that is roughly correct.
    Jan 10, 2014. 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    galicianova,

Its not as compelling as it was, but it is still far from overvalued in my opinion.
    Jan 10, 2014. 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Galicianova,

AEC has fallen relatively less than some other REITS, so that is mostly a pricing decision.
    Jan 10, 2014. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    bale,

The last batch of dividends was announced on the 8th of October, so assuming a quarterly cycle of announcement of a batch of 3 monthly dividends, it should be in the next day or two.
    Jan 7, 2014. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Jan 7, 2014. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 2014 Diversified REIT Portfolio Designed For Outperformance [View article]
    Rubygreta,

If you lack the time to perform the due diligence to pick individual securities, a Vanguard ETF can be a great way to go. Solid diversification and low fees.
    Jan 7, 2014. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment