Daniel B. Ravicher

View Daniel B. Ravicher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • VirnetX/Apple: What Does Apple Owe? [View article]
    I said Court of Appeals. Are you just completely incapable of reading what I write? Judge Davis' ruling will be reversed. But, please, feel free to continue to ignore me and think I don't know what I'm talking about it. It's your money to lose.
    Mar 30 12:08 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX/Apple: What Does Apple Owe? [View article]
    Tom, you're making here the same exact mistake I expect the Court of Appeals will cite for reversing the $368M verdict, i.e. you are using the entire revenue from infringing products as your royalty base. The royalty base can not be all of Apple's infringing revenues. It can only be the portion of Apple's profit attributable to the infringing functionality. But, it seems no one wants to believe me when I say this because they are too wedded to their long positions in VHC. To each his own, I guess.
    Mar 30 09:51 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lialda ruling overturned [View news story]
    Claim terms can NOT be "re-worded" on remand. They are what they are and Shire has to live with them and how the Court of Appeals interpreted them on Friday. It is my expectation that Actavis will be able to show on remand that its product does NOT have separate matrices as required by the patent under the Court of Appeals decision Friday. So long as Actavis' generic does not do one thing required by the claims, they do not infringe. Without sounding disrespectful, it seems you know absolutely nothing about patent law. Thus, you may be better off asking questions of a professional than making completely incorrect assumptions such as "surely these terms can be re-worded".
    Mar 30 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lialda ruling overturned [View news story]
    $SHPG v $ACT Lialda Court of Appeals opinion is here: http://1.usa.gov/1hidbWi. I see it highly unlikely Shire wins on remand given this decision.
    Mar 28 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    Again, when you can't counter someone's substantive arguments, you start name calling. I hate it when the blind lead the blind off cliffs.
    Mar 27 11:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    I have no position in VHC at the moment, so am not talking my book. A "pumper" is someone who calls a company having to "file[] a request for the PTAB to reconsider their decision" a "big hit" for the company. It's precisely the opposite.

Believe me, nothing would make me happier than for VHC to be worth gazillions of dollars. I was long not too long ago. But, then the facts changed (i.e. the Court of Appeals argument suggested, to me, that the $360M verdict will not stand), and so I changed my position, especially after the company issued a very suspiciously timed 8-K announcing just one part of a decision from the district court without providing all the details of that decision or providing a copy of it or even an explanation why they couldn't provide a copy of it or why they waited until that day and that time to issue the 8K.
    Mar 27 11:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    I've been called much worse by much better, anonymous poster.
    Mar 27 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    There we go, with the typical low brow childish response from a scared pumper being called out for his weak sauce. So, Jeff, will you commit, today, to saying that if RPX refiles its requests and the PTAB accepts those, that would be negative news for VHC? Or will you then say, "Well, VHC will win the IPR?" Just FYI, the vast majority of IPRs that have been completed so far have resulted in claims being cancelled. But, that's my own research, so I'll let you do yours.
    Mar 27 11:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    ... so says anonymous poster too scared to put his/her real name, address and other personal info. Don't be a hater just because you're holding on to a stock after what was undeniably a horrible Court of Appeals oral argument. I gave everyone plenty of notice of my opinion immediately thereafter, some 40% ago.
    Mar 27 11:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    VHC is down some 45% since the Fed Cir oral argument. I think the market is telling us what it thinks. Your bio does not say you're an attorney, so I assume you are not one, and I assume you have never argued before the Federal Circuit?
    Mar 27 11:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    Then why did you sign up with SA as an anonymous contributor? They'll change that for you, so you can be transparent.
    Mar 27 11:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    I also publish under my own name, because I don't have anything to hide. I strongly dislike, and discourage anyone to put faith in, anonymous contributors.
    Mar 27 10:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    You guys are focused on some meaningless PTAB IPRs when your focus should be on what the Federal Circuit is going to say about damages. But, yes, let me do my own research. I was long going in to the Fed Cir oral argument and short since. I was right both. When facts change, our opinion should perhaps change. Stubbornly loving a stock no matter what is a sure fire way to lose.
    Mar 27 10:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    Strawsine: When I publish research, I link to all source documents. As for doing research, I made the call to short VHC after the Fed Cir argument. It's down more than 40% since then. These IPR's provide VHC no upside. The only thing they can be is downside. So, even if they get dismissed, that doesn't put VHC in any better place that it already is. Good luck with your investments.
    Mar 27 10:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Scores A Big Hit In The RPX IPR Petitions [View instapost]
    Can you link to these documents you reference, please?
    Mar 27 10:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment