Daniel B. Ravicher

View Daniel B. Ravicher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Might Other Companies Be Liable If Herbalife Is A Pyramid? [View article]
    Whether I have a position in HLF or not has no impact on their duty to investigate and avoid being involved in any fraud. It's an irrelevant fact, which therefore is wasteful to include. That fact is not irrelevant to this article, in which I have faithfully disclosed my short position.
    Feb 5, 2013. 02:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Might Other Companies Be Liable If Herbalife Is A Pyramid? [View article]
    Yes, absolutely.
    Feb 5, 2013. 02:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Might Other Companies Be Liable If Herbalife Is A Pyramid? [View article]
    Substantial amounts. Herbalife's own executives discuss sales on eBay extensively in their January 10 presentation. If HLF "distributors" were unable to use eBay to liquidate their unwanted product, that would have a material impact on the business.
    Feb 5, 2013. 02:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Might Other Companies Be Liable If Herbalife Is A Pyramid? [View article]
    Suing me would give me the opportunity to get access to all of HLF's internal files and to depose their executives. I'd welcome the chance to do that.
    Feb 5, 2013. 02:16 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    I did not change my fair value. Stop making false accusations. I was a buy of VRNG when it was at 2.90 and then I was a sell when it was at 3.60. You're obviously incapable of listening to me, so it's a waste of my time to keep trying to talk to you.
    Jan 28, 2013. 02:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    VRNG hasn't asked for an injunction. Even if they had, their judge has been reversed for granting an injunction in the ActiveVideo case. VHC has asked for an injunction and their judge has been affirmed in granting an injunction in the i4i case.

As for my position, if VHC jumps more than 25%, like VRNG did, I may very well close and flip. I said that before. It's not my opinion on fair value that's changing. It's the market price. How is that so difficult to understand? I didn't change my position on VRNG when the price stayed the same. It moved, dramatically, from 2.90 to 3.60.
    Jan 28, 2013. 12:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    In your haste to be negative, you obviously haven't read the article, because I discuss both the difference between my personal opinions about injunctions and the likelihood of an injunction in this case, and also my personal fair-price assessment. Please read my article first before jumping to attack me. Regardless, what does attacking me have to do with the value of the company being discussed? If I've said something wrong, just correct me. If I haven't said something wrong, at least give facts why you disagree. And, yes, I have changed my position in companies with their price changes and/or there are material developments. VRNG went from high 3s, to high 2s, to mid 3s, to low 3s. My personal fair price for VRNG (low-mid 3s) didn't change much at all during that time.
    Jan 27, 2013. 10:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    I'm familiar with those cases, but haven't looked at them, because I doubt they will have any material impact on a public traded company. Data Treasury is private and the defendant banks are so too large.
    Jan 25, 2013. 10:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    No worries at all. Happens all the time. Cheers.
    Jan 24, 2013. 06:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    The judge has to consider several factors, and is not to just automatically grant the injunction. If you're really interested, you should read the Supreme Court's eBay decision: http://bit.ly/Vm4YaZ.
    Jan 24, 2013. 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Request To Postpone Vringo Ongoing Royalty Motion Ignored [View article]
    AFAICT they're still on the same schedule as before, opposition briefs due tomorrow (Jan 25) and replies due Feb 15. Then the judge may hold a hearing or issue his decision(s) on those motions whenever he wants.
    Jan 24, 2013. 10:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    I'm not sure what you mean by " the granting of an injunction by itself would be a signal to the market that VHC indeed has a very good chance". Chance of what? They've already won a very favorable jury verdict. They will then have also been granted an injunction.
    Jan 24, 2013. 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    Yes, I discuss some of VirnetX's other cases in my previous article cited in this article. They, for example, have a trial against Cisco scheduled for March.
    Jan 24, 2013. 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    P.S. My name is Dan. I have a brother named David, but he's not an attorney.
    Jan 24, 2013. 09:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX Highly Likely To Get Apple Injunction [View article]
    The injunction would not identify products per se, but would say Apple cannot continue to sell any product that infringes the patents. So, if Apple can remove that functionality, so be it. If they can't, they have to stop selling the entire device. I would think that if it was so easy for them to remove the functionality, they would have already done so by now. The verdict's more than 2 and a half months old.
    Jan 23, 2013. 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment