Daniel B. Ravicher

View Daniel B. Ravicher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Google Did Not 'Flip-Flop' Or Concede To Ongoing Royalties [View article]
    Thank you, Adam, for saying you were not accusing me of any wrongdoing. I appreciate that.
    Jan 9 09:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Who "create[d] a frenzy and then turn[ed] around and short[ed] into it"? Is that an allegation you're slyly trying to make against me without having the courage to do so directly? If so, please have the confidence in what you're alleging to at least make it express. If not, please confirm on the record here that you are not alleging I did such a thing. If you don't do either, it's clear to me that you're attempting to attack my character as much as you possibly can without crossing a line for which you know I could and likely would pursue a claim against you.

One could allege that, since you had no position in Vringo as of the writing of this article, that you wrote it with the intent to drive down the price so that you could buy in low, since you seem to be extremely confident that Vringo will get an ongoing royalty, despite your claim that Google has not conceded such. Maybe you are "creat[ing] a [selling] frenzy and then [will] turn around and [buy] into it."

How about, to clear the air, you tell us here what your price target is for VRNG, when you intend to buy and/or sell it, and how material the subject matter of your article is to Vringo's valuation. These are all things I've disclosed, without any duty or requirement to do so, and yet are things that have led you and others to personally attack me. If you're not willing to make the same disclosures that I have, and yet you make obvious tongue-in-cheek attacks on me, that says all I need to know about your character.
    Jan 9 02:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You said my article contained "incorrect info", not that you disagreed with my opinion in that article. So, yes, that's you saying I made false statements.

Regardless, you refuse to explain how Google's statement, "[T]ime would also provide the parties with an opportunity to negotiate an agreeable post-judgment reasonable royalty, an approach strongly endorsed by the Federal Circuit," is not a concession that an ongoing royalty is appropriate, which is a complete flip-flop from both its brief just three days earlier that said, "In this case, none of the evidence relied on [] to justify a running royalty was [] reliable. ... By contrast, Defendants introduced evidence that the hypothetical negotiation would have resulted in a lump-sum," and its general argument throughout the case that a running royalty was not appropriate.

I'm not attacking you personally, despite you attacking my character by saying I provided "incorrect info" in my article. I'm attacking your arguments, and asking you to explain them rather than making bald conclusory "Ravicher's wrong" statements.

I think perhaps what you meant to say in this piece was that Google had not conceded liability, i.e. that the patents are valid and infringed. I did not, nor have I ever, said they conceded those issues. I've even identified them as issues Google will likely raise on appeal. But, the issue of whether the judge should impose an ongoing royalty or not for continued infringement is one they've indeed conceded. You can continue to say they haven't, just as you say you didn't say my statements were false, but you seem to be relying on a verbatim recitation of language standard and not reality.

I welcome dissenting views, and strongly believe in the marketplace of ideas. But I do not welcome false allegations against my character and mere conclusory unsupported statements that risk misguiding the public. So, again, please quote what I said in my article that is "incorrect info". If you can't, please retract the statement.
    Jan 9 02:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What evidence do you have that I lack trial experience? That's entirely false. I do indeed have trial experience, including being the first chair in a trial against GlaxoSmithKline. But you obviously don't care about the truth, as you like to cowardly hide behind Internet anonymity.
    Jan 8 09:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Adam, I disagree entirely with your statement that "there was incorrect info out there" if you are referring to my article. You cannot identify a single fact from my article that I misrepresent or that is false. For you to imply that I have made false statements is something I take very serious and will not tolerate. I explain in my article that it is Google's statement in its Dec 21 brief of "[T]ime would also provide the parties with an opportunity to negotiate an agreeable post-judgment reasonable royalty, an approach strongly endorsed by the Federal Circuit." that I interpret as a concession by them that an ongoing royalty is proper. If you don't see that as a concession, then I think your definition of the term is drastically different than mine. Ultimately, we'll see who is right between you and me regarding whether the motion for delay will be granted.
    Jan 8 08:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for contributing to the marketplace of ideas. I greatly respect your contribution.
    Jan 8 08:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Vringo Traders Overreact To Google's Flip Flop? [View article]
    Jan 4 07:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Vringo Traders Overreact To Google's Flip Flop? [View article]
    I violated neither provision. I had no expectation my article would cause the price to jump 25% in 24 hours. I said in this article today such was an overreaction in my view. Second, I disclosed, "VRNG is, in my opinion, highly volatile, as is the litigation process in which it is involved. Therefore, I may change my position in VRNG at any moment for any reason."
    Jan 4 07:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Vringo Traders Overreact To Google's Flip Flop? [View article]
    Untrue, as I disclosed "VRNG is, in my opinion, highly volatile, as is the litigation process in which it is involved. Therefore, I may change my position in VRNG at any moment for any reason." I have always complied with all laws and SA rules.
    Jan 4 07:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Vringo Traders Overreact To Google's Flip Flop? [View article]
    I say in this article that I think the 25% jump was an overreaction. Thus, how on earth could I have predicted it? I expected the stock would move up, yes, that's why I was long, and I said so. Up 20% in 6 hours and 25% in 24 hours? No, I did not expect that. I don't even think the stock moved that much after the verdict was read.
    Jan 4 07:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Vringo Traders Overreact To Google's Flip Flop? [View article]
    I have violated no rule, read my disclosures, which say "VRNG is, in my opinion, highly volatile, as is the litigation process in which it is involved. Therefore, I may change my position in VRNG at any moment for any reason."
    Jan 4 07:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Flip Flops, Concedes Vringo Entitled To Ongoing Royalties [View article]
    For readers of this article, please see my followup article from today, "Did Vringo Traders Overreact To Google's Flip Flop?" at http://seekingalpha.co....
    Jan 4 06:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ParkerVision Unlikely To Be Bought [View article]
    Well, if hiring a law firm is the most exciting development for your company over the course of several months, that does say something.

On Markman, the judge is relatively new to the bench and doesn't seem to have much experience with patent matters. So, adding that to the complexity in the case (number of patents, type of technology, etc.), I'm not surprised it's taking a while for him to issue his claim construction order.
    Dec 19 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Judge Should Rule Favorably For Vringo On Motions [View article]
    I was extremely constructive throughout my coverage of this case and that lead people to make personal attacks on me, and my religion. There were even death threats on Yahoo MB and a picture of my apartment. Don't blame me for the way I've been treated by VRNG longs. I have not personally attacked anyone, not will I. This article doesn't cite any legal authority or analysis to rebuke. It's merely a parroting of the arguments in Vringo's brief responding to Google's position on the damages and royalty award, which I address in my prior article.

As to your questions, the deadline to file motions via ECF is generally 11:59pm on the day they are due. If any motion needs to be filed in paper, it is usually due COB for the court. These are the rules generally unless the Judge's individual practices or some order in the case states otherwise.

As for appeal, either side has 30 days to file Notice of Appeal once the District Court enters final judgment. FRAP 4(a). As I've said before, I expect Vringo to appeal the laches decision and Google to appeal the validity and infringement issues, at minimum.
    Dec 18 03:25 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Judge Should Rule Favorably For Vringo On Motions [View article]
    I have also written pro-VirnetX articles. Not all patent holders are the same. Some get $300M+ verdicts (VirnetX) and others get one-tenth as much (Vringo). Like I said, good luck with the hope.
    Dec 18 03:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment