Daniel B. Ravicher

View Daniel B. Ravicher's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Expected Decision In Avanir Nuedexta Patent Litigation [View article]
    You repeat Avanir's arguments quite well, but I still find them unpersuasive. As I wrote in my article, I expect others may disagree with my opinions, which you obviously do, and I respect that. Indeed, that's what makes a market. If everyone agreed with my opinion, there would be no opportunity for me to trade the stock, as its price would already incorporate that shared expectation. It's only because people disagree with my opinion that the share price does not reflect what I believe is its true value. Judge Stark will rule soon enough and then there will be no debate about what his decision will be, although I expect at that point the debate will shift to how the Court of Appeals will rule in reviewing his decision.
    Jan 8 10:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expected Decision In Avanir Nuedexta Patent Litigation [View article]
    As I wrote in my article, I did not start my review of this matter with a bias towards one opinion or another. I reviewed the matter without any position or perspective and simply came to an opinion after I completed my review. I then took a position in the company based on my opinion. This is how I trade stocks, forming an opinion first, then taking a position. As such, I don't care whether I form a positive or negative opinion about a company, as I can take a position whichever way my opinions suggest I should. I have, in the past, been both long and short a company at different times depending upon my opinions and the company's then prevailing share price. Your insinuation that I had a preference for being short the company is unfounded. I could really care less. Had I come to form the opinion that I thought the asserted patents were valid and infringed, I would have gladly expressed that opinion and taken a long position.
    Jan 8 09:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Expected Decision In Avanir Nuedexta Patent Litigation [View article]
    The judge could issue his decision at any time. He's under no deadline, though, so he could take weeks or even months.
    Jan 8 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Look For These Biotech Stocks To Move In 2014 [View article]
    Avanir $AVNR 30 month stay against Par's generic Nuedexta expired yesterday and judge has not issued injunction barring launch.
    Dec 31 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Prospect for new Restasis patents has Wells Fargo bullish on Allergan [View news story]
    Allergan $AGN receives new Restasis patent that lasts until 2024: http://1.usa.gov/1alfnFO. First of several new Restasis ptnts to be issued.
    Dec 31 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Look For These Biotech Stocks To Move In 2014 [View article]
    Avanir has not filed for an injunction to block Par's launch of a generic. They've asked the judge to have a call to discuss the issue and the judge has, in response, asked Par to respond in letter today. As for, "It doesn't look likely that Avanir will loose on their short term patent," what do you cite for that proposition? What analysis are you referring to, or are you simply relying on the company's confidence?
    Dec 20 08:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Look For These Biotech Stocks To Move In 2014 [View article]
    Par refuses Avanir $AVNR request to withhold launch of generic Nuedexta after stay expires on Dec 30: http://stks.co/c00qg. This could severely erode $AVNR's revenues.
    Dec 19 02:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Alleged Off-Label Marketing, Patent Woes And Other Issues May Spell Disaster For Avanir [View article]
    Par refuses Avanir $AVNR request to withhold launch of generic Nuedexta after stay expires on Dec 30. http://stks.co/c00qg
    Dec 19 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Analysis Into Avanir Pharmaceuticals Neutralizes Concern And Reveals Potential [View article]
    Par refuses Avanir $AVNR request to withhold launch of generic Nuedexta after stay expires on Dec 30. http://bit.ly/1jmzdKn
    Dec 19 02:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RPX Targets VirnetX With Seven IPRs: Read Past The Headline [View article]
    Great job, Tom.
    Nov 21 12:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Beating The Same Drum. RPX Files 7 Identical IPR Requests. [View instapost]
    Great catch, Tom. This is so far outside RPXC's supposed business model, it indeed suggests both they aren't busy enough with their own work and they're susceptible to doing favors for favored folks.
    Nov 21 10:14 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Juniper Networks Vs. Palo Alto Networks [View article]
    My disclosure would have been the same as the authors' at the time of publication.
    Nov 12 05:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Juniper Networks Vs. Palo Alto Networks [View article]
    I had no position in either JNPR or PANW at the time of publication of this article nor any intent to establish a position in either within 72 hours of publication.
    Nov 12 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Juniper Networks Vs. Palo Alto Networks [View article]
    I thank the authors for letting me provide input on such an excellent piece.
    Nov 7 06:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX: Short-Term Alpha, Long-Term Investment [View article]
    Yes, great job, Tom. I, too, am awaiting these two potential catalysts coming from the judge any day now.
    Oct 21 09:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment