Daniel B. Ravicher

View Daniel B. Ravicher's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Judge Should Rule Favorably For Vringo On Motions [View article]
    I have also written pro-VirnetX articles. Not all patent holders are the same. Some get $300M+ verdicts (VirnetX) and others get one-tenth as much (Vringo). Like I said, good luck with the hope.
    Dec 18, 2012. 03:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Patent Office Eliminate Vringo's Right To Future Royalties From Google? [View article]
    Why are you sweating me so hard? How about paying attention to Vringo, as that's who you're invested in. Sweating me only proves you have nothing to say in response to what I say about Vringo and that I'm completely right.
    Dec 13, 2012. 03:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Why are you talking about me? You're not invested in me. You're invested in Vringo. Talk about them and their patents and their measly $31M verdict when they said they'd get $493M. Please, prove something I've said is wrong. If you can't, you're admitting I'm right.
    Dec 13, 2012. 03:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No, Vringo WAS NOT awarded future royalties. Have you not read my article about that? That's a precise example of the false hope and hype spread by pumpers.

But, again, why is this about me. Let's talk about Vrngo, please. Let's talk about them and the failure of them to get anywhere close to the damages they said they were entitled to. Let's talk about the uphill battle they have to at the PTO. Personal attacks on me, and proving you pulled PUBPAT's public tax returns, proves you concede my arguments are right on the mark.
    Dec 13, 2012. 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Please tell me where I'm wrong. So far one person pointed out a typo and another pointed out that I missed the judge's decision finding the patents not invalid for obviousness, which is something I assumed would happen anyways. So, again, please tell me where I'm wrong and why the personal attacks on me don't simply confirm the strength of my arguments.
    Dec 13, 2012. 03:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I hate manipulation of the public and bogus patents being used to take money that's undeserved. That's what my non-profit it all about. Here, we have false pumpers promising hundreds of millions of dollars, first in a jury verdict and now in future royalties. The jury verdict returned $31M, which may not even stand. The future royalty hope and hype is similarly, in my opinion, extremely overstated by emotional irrational longs who have no better response to me than to make personal attacks, which just confirms how right I am and how out of touch they are with reality.
    Dec 13, 2012. 12:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    No, I would not agree. My appearance was not private. It was on YouTube for heaven's sake. I speak all over the country many times a year for many different people. I don't get paid by them to do so. Whether Google makes money from my YouTube video is something I don't even know. There are no ads in front of it. Regardless, to say I am a paid shill for Google as an attack on the accuracy of my articles is just pathetically weak. Try talking about Vringo for once and stop trying to shoot the messenger when I provide facts and statements of law you don't like.
    Dec 13, 2012. 12:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preview Copy Of Article On PTO Risk To Vringo Royalties [View instapost]
    I'm not scaring anyone. I'm spreading facts and truth about Vringo and that's what scares people.
    Dec 12, 2012. 11:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Preview Copy Of Article On PTO Risk To Vringo Royalties [View instapost]
    I am spreading facts. Vringo supporters respond with personal attacks. No one has yet cited a single fact I've ever gotten wrong, and even my opinion predicting how the jury would rule was overly generous to Vringo. But, please, feel free to continue with personal insults and avoid dealing with the truth of Vringo's situation. You only give me more confidence in my conclusions about the weakness of Vringo's shareholder base.
    Dec 12, 2012. 11:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Outcome Probabilities [View article]
    If the patents are held invalid, they're dead. If they're held non-infringed, everyone else can copy what Google does and, thus, avoid them. Either way, the future value of the patents would be substantially, if not literally, nullified.
    Nov 1, 2012. 05:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Outcome Probabilities [View article]
    I'm shocked to hear you say that a 100M expectation was already the market consensus, but then wonder why so many people have responded that I'm an idiot and don't know what I'm talking about. I also don't see anyone else having put a precise number on their expectations. Most commentators have put generalities, while others have said they're 100% sure Vringo will get billions. Time will tell.
    Nov 1, 2012. 05:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Outcome Probabilities [View article]
    You're assuming Google can't develop a design around for less than 600-800M. I think that's unlikely. I think they could hire/award developers much less to do so.
    Nov 1, 2012. 05:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Outcome Probabilities [View article]
    There're a lot of time and events that have to pass between now and any possible future royalty obligation. You're assuming a lot, including that the patents are valid and infringed and can't be designed around for a cost less than any potential future royalty obligation. Google could offer a $10M prize to any programmer that comes up with a design around the patents, and I bet they'd likely get at least one.
    Nov 1, 2012. 05:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Outcome Probabilities [View article]
    Don't know what you mean by "fast track" appeal. They'd have to get in line just like everyone else, so appeal could easily take a year or more. Seems you're taking Vringo's arguments about whether there was even a motion pending as fact, which is not necessarily true.
    Nov 1, 2012. 05:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo Vs. Google: Outcome Probabilities [View article]
    Oh, sure, there are lots of other lawsuits Vringo could file (if it's patents are not invalidated). I've written here what I think this trial is worth in net present value terms.
    Nov 1, 2012. 11:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment