Daniel Lauchheimer

View Daniel Lauchheimer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Skyline Medical: FDA Approved, Little Competition And A Lot Of Room To Run [View article]
    Haven't looked in a bit, but I believe a lot is stock based compensation.
    Apr 29, 2014. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Glasses Off Come Up With The Next Great App? [View article]
    Good question. That's the companies internal estimates. See p.34 of S-1

Oct 30, 2013. 07:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mobile Strategy: Winners And Losers [View article]
    Sorry!

Here is the link

Sep 17, 2013. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peter Thiel's Error [View article]
    Fair point. Using R&D as a percentage of revenue would yield different results.
    Aug 28, 2013. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peter Thiel's Error [View article]
    Your ability to throw random, irrelevant data into a very simple discussion truly knows no bounds.

Since it seems very difficult for you, I suggest you do the following.

Get Amazon's 10-K, and go to the cash flow statement. There are two relevant line items you need

1. Net cash provided by (used in) operating activities
    2. Purchases of property and equipment, including internal-use software and website development

That's it.

I also find it interesting that you think *less* data is better than more. Especially considering the 2012 data you use represents a true outlier for Amazon's total reinvestment program. If you would take a minute to look at the data I neatly provided above you would learn just the same.

And thank you for agreeing with me, Peter Thiel's comparison was either wrong, or disingenuous. Glad you came around.
    Aug 28, 2013. 01:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Peter Thiel's Error [View article]
    Sweet heart, you only took *one* year. My figures account for the past 11 years.

And this past year they only spent $3.7bn on Capex. Don't know where you get your $4.4bn figure from.

Not sure why you are adding in the tax discussion here, net cash from operating activities, is just that. Net cash, which basically adds back all non-cash charges as a reconciliation. Not so in the mood to do an accounting 101 course, which you seem to desperately need, so I will just leave it at that.
    Aug 27, 2013. 11:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peter Thiel's Error [View article]
    1. "You forgot that the company also invests heavily into data centers"

The line item I used in the 10-K for the reinvestment figure states, Purchases of property and equipment, including internal-use software and website development

Seems pretty clear as day to me that this includes AWS, and its data centers.

2. "because it tends to use all of its excess capital in one way or another" Simply not true, as a percentage of net operating cash, as I showed, they invest a lower amount into their business.
    Aug 27, 2013. 08:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Peter Thiel's Error [View article]
    Yes, but he specifically singled out Amazon as one of the few leaders in this area, and the evidence doesn't support his endorsement.
    Aug 27, 2013. 07:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    my guesses.

but they are *somewhat* informed, not based on the thin air.
    Aug 23, 2013. 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Does Exact Sciences' $1B Valuation Foreshadow A Bright Future For TrovaGene? [View article]
    Well, unlike you I have many people, and things to deal with. Generally, in a case like yours, when not conforming to the normal state of things, a sentence or two is put as an explanation.

But to the substance. EXAS pays a licencing fee to the Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic doesn't really care if the drug succeeds or it doesn't. If you cannot comprehend the distinction between that and a commercial arrangement where both parties depend on the financial success of the product, I don't really have so much to say to you.

Considering EXAS's huge market, one would assume they would need at least a marketing partner to help introduce this new drug to such a wide population. The fact they haven't gotten that doesn't bode well.

Unlike you, I won't hurl some baseless insult to finish my response, I think my work speaks for itself ....
    Aug 5, 2013. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well, while I might not have the most basic command of the facts, but at least I know basic counting. You list your points in the following order:

1, 3, 4, 5, 7. In standard methods of counting, the number two comes after number one, and number six comes after five. But I digress.

Whatever assay(s) Cologuard can detect, the company has said it only has one developed market right now, and one in the future. Detection of colorectal cancer now, and irritable bowel syndrome in the future.

The Mayo Clinic, is in fact *not* a commercial enterprise. It is a non-for-profit. In case you disagree, I suggest you consult their annual report. Where, on page two, they state in big letters and in no uncertain terms, "Mayo Clinic is the first and largest integrated,
    not-for-profit medical group practice in the world". No shareholders, no profit.

The problem with the Deep-C test is that it reported just 42% sensitivity to precancerous polyps and 66% for polyps two centimeters in size or larger. You can ignore this fact, and fantasize about the heaps of money coming EXAS way, or you can own up to it.

You waver between saying anyone and everyone has approached EXAS, and then saying EXAS doesn't need any partner. Forgetting, you haven't mustered any evidence to support the former -- which one is it?
    Aug 5, 2013. 01:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Please read the previous comments, before rehashing already rebutted criticisms.
    Aug 4, 2013. 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Earnings per share.
    Aug 4, 2013. 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ouch. I never realized share price didn't matter that much. Market cap doesn't take into account share count, and hence EPS, just a small factor to consider when investing in a company.

On the pricing -- I prefer to use a conservative model, which looks at the *current* pricing this test is coming to replace.

PIK3CA, BRAF, KRAS -- well, I got my info from the company's 10-K (p. 8). Check it out, let me know what you think.

$850mm -- more like $920mm, which in most calculations is pretty darn close to $1bn, a simple trip to Google or Yahoo finance could have given you that info. To use your favorite market cap calculation (apparently the only relevant metric in finance) a change of $1 (7.5%) would give them a market cap of $1bn.
    Aug 4, 2013. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fair, I never took the time to reconcile the two -- but comparing them on a per share or market cap basis, does yield different results. Either way I think the point comes across.
    Aug 4, 2013. 12:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment