Daniel Philip

View Daniel Philip's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Graco Could Create Immense Wealth For Shareholders Over Time [View article]
    Thank you!
    Jan 17 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Joins The Race For Internet Of Things [View article]
    Just one more step towards becoming 'Big Brother'...
    Jan 17 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Joins The Race For Internet Of Things [View article]
    True, but the acquisition is pretty strategic (and scary) if you think about it, because it allows Google to have more access into the mind and habits of the consumer, even when it comes to their energy habits.
    Jan 16 05:20 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Own Stocks Not Bonds In 2014 [View article]
    Great piece man, interest rates will eventually rise and the overall value of bonds will decline.
    Dec 15 03:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why An Investment In Fuel Tech Could Hit A Home Run [View article]
    Hello Marc,

Thank you for your comment and time in reading my article. I will begin writing again shortly. Nonetheless, if you are interested in potentially explosive companies, I would divert a some of your attention towards the for profit education industry (http://seekingalpha.co...). The article above was when I first wrote about the industry, and since publication the industry leaders I wrote about have almost all doubled or more, with the exception of Strayer.

Anyways, I am glad you enjoyed this piece and I always appreciate your time.

Best regards,

Daniel
    Dec 3 03:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Northwest Natural Gas: Near 5 Year Low, Healthy Dividend And Catalysts Make Utility Noteworthy [View article]
    Great piece, it was well balanced and makes a solid case for NWN being a value play. Thanks for the article!
    Oct 20 01:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cloud Peak Energy Is Unloved And Drastically Undervalued [View article]
    Thank you sir for your kind words! Best of luck to you and your future investments!
    Aug 16 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monarch Casino & Resort: A Micro Cap That Still Has Plenty Of Room To Run [View article]
    Absolutely! Casino stocks are like a license to steal!
    Jun 18 07:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Span-America Medical Offers Huge Value At Current Levels [View article]
    Thanks for the help, hope you enjoyed the article.

Regards,

Daniel Philip
    Jun 8 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fuel-Tech Is Undervalued And Offers Intriguing Value To Shareholders [View article]
    True, and while the valuation could certainly get lower, the levels the stock is trading at are fairly priced. Despite it taking some time for margins and profitability to expand, waiting is an important part of the turnaround opportunity.

Regards,

Daniel Philip
    Jun 5 11:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Biggest Bet In 2013: The Education Industry [View article]
    Turnarounds my friend.
    Jun 5 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating Johnson & Johnson's Economic Moat [View article]
    Nowhere in the article did I say I was short JNJ. In fact, I credit the company for being able to perform the way it has. But what is investing if one solely looks at the bullish case of a stock. The moat evaluation can't just show the positive aspects, as negative aspects exist within any company. I personally used to own JNJ, and took substantial profits when I parted with it.
    Jun 1 07:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating Johnson & Johnson's Economic Moat [View article]
    I'd for sure keep an eye on it, because right now Medtronic (MDT) is trading a couple points off of a 52-week high. The multiple isn't too steep, but I would let some bears get a piece of the story before entering. Much of the money made in the market is when unneeded controversy surrounds a stock, and a solid company like MDT is always a candidate for something like this to happen. Always learn to take advantage of occasional Wall Street stupidity.
    May 31 06:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Reasons Why An Investment In Fuel Tech Could Hit A Home Run [View article]
    I am certainly long FTEK, I'd like to see the multiple come in some, but the catalysts the company has going for it in addition to its' recovering fundamentals make it an interesting turnaround play.
    May 21 10:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Cheaper iPhone Makes Sense For Restoring Unit Volumes And Demand [View article]
    The problem is, innovation is the core of Apple's moat. That is not a good thing, as Apple cannot maintain its edge without innovating. Needless to say, it certainly is easier for Apple to innovate over its competitors considering the fact that the company has enough money to buy the country of Morocco. That $150 billion + cash advantage Apple has against competitors is immense.
    Apr 29 04:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment