View as an RSS Feed
Suncor Energy: A True Value Investment Opportunity
- CEO Steve Williams and senior management are competent and able to generate strong returns on invested capital.
- Disciplined capital allocation and scarcity of oil are a deadly combination.
- Estimated 2019 production levels and earnings to give a rough estimate of intrinsic value.
Why The U.S. Should Keep Its Oil Underground
- U.S. has second life of oil production to guard against future hydrocarbon shocks.
- A century from now, we would be lucky if oil is even remotely close to $100 a barrel.
- The world economy will become even more ingrained and dependent on hydrocarbons, despite advances of renewable energy.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation and Suncor Energy offer compelling opportunities for long-term shareholders.
Problems And Risks Investors Must Realize About Ford
- International expansion does not mean expansion of profits.
- China expansion benefited greatly from Chinese consumers barring Japanese models.
- Lincoln sales of 300,000 units by 2020 with double-digit margins is not likely.
- F-150 and Ford Explorer do not offer much diversification if the U.S. market turns.
- Forecasts in the automotive industry should be treated with a grain of salt.
Where Is The Value In Coal?
- U.S. coal producers continue to face structural changes affecting demand and supply of thermal coal in the U.S.
- Metallurgical coal is still highly dependent on steel market that benefited greatly from the one and only China boom.
- Both thermal and metallurgical coal producers in the U.S. are too leveraged to find significant value at today's prices.
Re: Yield On Cost A By-Product Of Investing With A Margin Of Safety
Tue, Sep. 9 • 42 Comments
- Discussion of what encompasses value investing including both quantitative and qualitative factors.
- Overview of recent article about "yield on cost" and its flaws and benefits.
- Why investing with a "margin of safety" is a superior strategy for all types of investors.
Investors' Psychological Miscarriage Of General Motors: 6 Rules To Live By
- 6 rules value investors should master.
- Psychological factors that influence investor decisions must be taken seriously.
- Overview of GM and why I am long despite current situations.
How Value Investors Handle Their Money With The S&P 500 At 2000
- Value investors' thinking and methodology.
- Investing is a mixture of economics and psychology.
- Suggestions for investors with the S&P 500 at 2000.
- Intel's Compensation: A Wake-Up Call For Corporate America
- Why Financial And Capital Diligence Is Required In The Coal Business
- Intel's Future Simple: May The Best Chip Win
- Ford To $9 Likely, But $26.00 To $32.50 In 3 To 5 Years
- Why 'Beta' Does Not Measure True Investing 'Risk'
- Finding Opportunity In Rumors About Game Consoles: Gamestop In Play