Dannzo Evanns

View Dannzo Evanns' Comments BY TICKER:
  • World's Cheapest ETF Portfolio: Institutional-Caliber Diversification For 8 Basis Points [View article]
    The difference between SCHE's new expense ratio to EEM's 0.67 is amazing, however, in the case of VWO, that ETF actually somewhat underperforms EEM because of the method Vanguard uses to price the underlying securities. In the case of emerging markets, it might actually be safer to go with EEM if SCHE prices similarly.
    Sep 28 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Apple Dividend Overrated? [View article]
    It will be interesting to see if other companies follow suit...
    Apr 21 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Current Valuation Of 5 Top Stocks Should Preclude New Investment [View article]
    This article is very dependent on Efficient Market Hypothesis, but not everything is so linear in the stock market. Many trading models use CAPM as their basis. Even within CAPM, there are unknowns - nobody really knows what the expected rate of return of the market or a specific stock is. PE and EPS growth are only two variables amongst many.
    Apr 13 10:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Fundamentals Are Driving Gold ETFs? [View article]
    I really don't see much reason for gold to go higher, unless the US goes into recession or inflation spirals out of control (both of which most likely won't be happening).
    Apr 13 06:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Apple Dividend Overrated? [View article]
    Yes, the dividend will most affect those who have an ETF or mutual fund that has a high concentration of Apple shares, such as QQQ or XLK. Otherwise, the effect of the dividend is basically meaningless.
    Apr 11 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is The Apple Dividend Overrated? [View article]
    I'm sure that more funds will add in the future as well.
    Apr 10 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Joe's Jeans Help Your Wallet Look Bigger? [View article]
    Nice job! I've had JOEZ for a long time now, when I bought people were comparing the company to the early stages of True Religion. There is nowhere to go but up!
    Apr 5 10:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Lockheed Martin: A Worthy Addition [View article]
    Hmm, I think the question is, will price converge to your intrinsic value or another one.
    Apr 4 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What's Better? Dividends Or Covered Calls [View article]
    An interesting strategy I once read about is to use covered calls with stochastics. When it looks like the fast stochastic line is going to cross the slow stochastic line, that is when you write a call. However, it's been my personal experience that writing calls isn't really worth it because doing so doesn't really pay much (but for the most part I only have stocks under $10).
    Apr 4 05:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lockheed Martin: Wait For Defense Cut Decisions [View article]
    I wouldn't touch this thing with a 10-foot pole! The current admin. seems content with solving things diplomatically (and I don't see a different Pres. coming in).
    Apr 3 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lockheed Martin: A Worthy Addition [View article]
    "eventually the share-price will catch up to intrinsic value. It always does."

Really?? So your formula can tell the future too? Lockheed Martin: NOT a Worthy Addition?
    Apr 3 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time Arbitrage: Investing Vs. Speculation [View article]
    Benjamin Graham was clearly ahead of his time. I highly recommend The Intelligent Investor to anyone out there who hasn't read it yet, it's almost required material
    Mar 27 06:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Re-Thinking The Allocation To Bond ETFs [View article]
    I didn't include TLT in my article but I was thinking about doing so (only that would increase the complexity of the article!). TLT has maturities of something like 17-20 years - when I played around with it, performance was actually better! The trick is to have only a portion of funds devoted to bonds in TLT, not the whole thing.
    Mar 23 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETF Spotlight: IShares Russell 1000 Growth [View article]
    I love this ETF! (despite the fact that experts say you shouldn't "love" a stock)
    Mar 23 07:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Simple Portfolio Building: Ultra Conservative Fixed Income [View article]
    That's the first time I saw a portfolio with lower volatility than the return using etfreplay.com!
    Mar 23 06:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment