Darian Frost

View Darian Frost's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Take Advantage Of Above-Average Returns From mREITs With Minimal Risk [View article]
    Mack:

Oh absolutely, it was not my intention to keep that from the readers at all. I will try to make it more clear next time. I definitely don't think this strategy is good for every stock. Some stocks will gradually work their way down. For those stocks it is just better to own it, due to the fact that you can easily get out without losing too much. For this stock though, when the spreads do squeeze, i would be concerned about a steep drop in the price. Past $30. But yes, i was also concerned about that. Hopefully, this comment has helped for the whole "both eyes open" thing :)

Darian
    Oct 2 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wise words from a wise man, I presume? Thank you sir! I'll be paying much attention to these little guys.

Darian
    Oct 1 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    dave:

Oh yea, after looking at the figures on Yahoo Finance, they suggest that any time over the past 5 years would have been a good entry point. I knew they had good dividend returns before i did this article, but I didn't know about the capital appreciation.

Really good job on this one!

Darian
    Oct 1 08:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Panic If Dividends Were Cut [View instapost]
    Is that the academic paper that you references in your post? Is it available for viewing online?
    Sep 25 03:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Book Review: “The Power Curve: Smart Investing Using Dividends, Options, And The Magic Of Compounding” By Scott G. Kyle [View instapost]
    I am thinking of purchasing this book. Just for fun/interesting reading of course. Would this book increase my understanding of options BEYOND the typical time/intrinsic value of the option?
    Sep 25 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Time Value Of Your Nest Egg [View instapost]
    I just happen to have credit left on my amazon account, so I just ordered it. Thanks!
    Sep 12 11:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tactics To Hyper-Compound Dividend And Income Streams [View article]
    It seems to me that this article is a great answer to the "when should i sell" question asked by many people in this section of SA.
    Aug 30 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Way To Reinvest Dividends [View article]
    Tim
    I am also a fan of David Crosetti and David Fish, and after being introduced to you, have developed a liking for your articles. In reference to your response to Toledoinvestor, i do have a question. Would it be an advisable asset allocation strategy to place a fixed amount of principle in higher-yielding dividend stocks, then take those dividends as cash and reinvest them in known Dividend Champions? My question is whether this would be advantageous to advance to an independent side-strategy from the paper-trading stage?
    Aug 30 05:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating AT&T's Ability To Pay Its Dividend [View article]
    I also share Sally's concern over that dividend payout ratio. I was looking over the Key Statistics page in Yahoo Finance, and I saw that it was over 200%. Now, I am no expert, but this payout ratio alarmed me as being far too unsustainable. I know there are a few reasons why a payout ratio soars like that.
    1. They really made the dividend that large (I don't see this as likely)
    2. The company suddenly got unprofitable (also unlikely for this company)
    3. OR, some sort of accounting expense got into the books before the retained earnings statement (maybe amortizing some of that goodwill) which would either be extensive capital reinvestment, or the amortization of goodwill assets.
    But since I am inexperienced in decoding that much into Financial Statements, I ask for help. Please?
    Aug 30 05:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yield On Cost's Role In A Selling Decision [View article]
    I am pretty sure that, when reading over the Seeking Alpha articles on Dividend Growth Investing, the comments are very useful. Maybe as much, if not more, than the actual article (no offense DVK, i love your articles, but there is some good stuff here! ^^)
    Aug 29 09:30 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment