Darren Hart

View Darren Hart's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Do Not Short Research In Motion [View article]
    Well written article. Research In Motion has two somethings that should be examined: 1.) a loyal customer base likely to upgrade and 2.) software not just hardware solutions for security and over multiple mobile form platforms, i.e. connectivity.

The article is correct, shorting RIMM at this time is risky.
    Jan 21, 2013. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons The BlackBerry 10 May Save The Day For RIM [View article]
    Check out this article for an OS walkthrough on the BlackBerry 10. Well done. http://bit.ly/13Z5TOQ
    Jan 21, 2013. 12:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons The BlackBerry 10 May Save The Day For RIM [View article]
    Ouch you are so right. Please accept my apologies.

I meant to divide #5 which actually has 2-3 reasons but you are correct.

Thank you; I submitted a correction.
    Jan 21, 2013. 11:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    Thank you for the citation and response.

Even if you improve the screen does that not speak to lack of planning on Apple's part? If the iPhone 5 is selling so well then why change it?

I anticipate that iPhone 5 sales are not what was expected, hence the quickening product life cycle.

More importantly, I really think that sales were not as anticipated for the launch, missing what I believe was a crucial time to make the sale.

You are correct. We shall see on Wednesday.

For clarity, I hold no position in AAPL and don't plan at this time on initiating a position in AAPL prior to earnings.
    Jan 21, 2013. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons The BlackBerry 10 May Save The Day For RIM [View article]
    Reason #9 appears to be confirmed by the Research in Motion Ltd CEO to Die Welt. http://fxn.ws/10hnxtH
    Jan 21, 2013. 11:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons The BlackBerry 10 May Save The Day For RIM [View article]
    Ok, thank you for the comment. Please post any issues regarding iPhone 5 to the Instablog where I wrote about it.

RIMM has already done what Apple is wishing to do, i.e. have a presence in "developing countries." If Apple is onto an iPhone 7 within 8 months that would be not so good and I believe point to weakness.

RIMM has software approved by VISA for NFC. Please see Kurt Windibank's comment above to which I agree.

RIMM has positives which should propel it forward.
    Jan 21, 2013. 09:53 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    Please see the Instablog that I wrote, Bad Apple -- Likely Less Than Appealing Earnings, http://seekingalpha.co...; wherein I referred readers to this article - . http://bloom.bg/13UxQID

Nevertheless, even if Apple puts out another product it does not mean that Apple is not selling as many iPhone 5 units as planned otherwise why reduce the order for screens?

Why produce another product for launch so soon? Why not let the production already in place proceed to meet the alleged demand for iPhone 5 until it has run its course?

Apple apologists or Applepologists abound. I am not making up these reports, as you can readily see, I cite to sources. Perhaps you could do the same?
    Jan 20, 2013. 09:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    As of January 20, 2013, Apple has gone on to report that demand is weakening for its iPhone 5. Please see my Instablog post regarding these issues. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jan 20, 2013. 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    You are correct. I meant the iPhone 5, poor editing on my part. Apple fell off the shelf on Friday. I suspect more of the same next week.
    Oct 20, 2012. 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    The theme is continuing to play out regarding availability of the iPhone 5. I was in a Sprint store just recently upgrading to a Samsung Galaxy III. I overheard that Apple iPhone 6 was on backorder.

Anyone hear anything else?
    Oct 5, 2012. 11:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    Reuters.com reported today that Apple is constrained in its inventory for iPhone 5 where many units will not be supplied until October. Apple did not have a robust launch of the Apple iPhone 5.

Apple is suffering as a result.

This article reported it accurately on July 30, 2012.

"Anyone, Anyone...." Ben Stiller in "Ferris Beuller's Day Off"
    Sep 24, 2012. 08:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    Today, the Apple iPhone 5 was available for sale throughout the world. Sprint Nextel reports that it is out of inventory in its East Coast stores.
    Sep 21, 2012. 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    Dear Mr. McDonald:

Please give me credit. I successfully called that Apple underestimated its need for 28 nm chips as of July 30, 2012 and was having difficulties finding suppliers for the 28 nm chip. I called that Apple and Samsung would have difficulties and that Samsung would not really be a good source for the 28 nm chips.

I further called that Apple may make a September or October 2012 announcement date for the Apple iPhone 5 but would quickly run out of inventory due to lack of supply of 28 nm chips. I further called that Apple would roll out the Apple iPhone 5 but consumers would have to wait.

Apple announced the Apple iPhone 5 launch. As I called, consumers are waiting due to lack of inventory.

I read many comments on here about Apple's mastery of logistics.

To be direct and plain, I appear to have had it correct. Apple ran out of inventory and is trying to cover its needs based on a lack of 28 nm chips. If sales of the Apple iPhone 5 are postponed until October 2012, then those sales will count in Q4 and not Q3.

You may have not seen the news but Apple started to retract once the Dow Jones Newswire was circulating.

All I know is what I read in the Sunday papers - Will Rogers. From what I read, I called it correctly.
    Sep 17, 2012. 01:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    According to Dow Jones Newswires, Apple sold out of its inventory at its stores for the iPhone 5 in an hour, AT&T is stating that customers will have to wait 14-21 business days to receiver their orders, and Verizon Wireless is stating delivery will be Sept. 28. Where are the chips? Signs do not be pointing to a robust launch as stated in this article.
    Sep 14, 2012. 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are There Enough Chips For A Robust iPhone 5 Launch? [View article]
    Apple launched the iPhone 5 today, as everyone said it would. So let's take a look in the next week about unit sales and supply of chips.
    Sep 12, 2012. 04:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment