Dave Dierking, CFA

View Dave Dierking, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What You Need To Know Ahead Of Cliffs Natural Resources' Results [View article]
    If I were a gambler I'd say that Cliffs will see a pop on the earnings report but long term I stay away. It'd be encouraging if they have some real potential buyers for their assets but getting a decent price will be a challenge.
    Oct 27, 2014. 02:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Large Cap Low Volatility ETFs Deliver On Objective But Achieve Unexpected Returns [View article]
    ETF Database lists the expense ratio of LMLP at 0.85%. I haven't dug into financial statements to see if there's anything below the surface.
    Oct 27, 2014. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brazil ETFs Are Poised To Pop If Pro-Market Presidential Candidate Is Elected [View article]
    Guess I should've focused on how the Brazil market would get slammed after a Dilma victory.
    Oct 27, 2014. 10:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: Never Look A High-Yield Gift Horse In The Mouth [View article]
    Boring companies that keep cranking out the cash flow are a hell of a thing. Plus a 5.5% dividend? Sounds like a winner to me.
    Oct 26, 2014. 01:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Friday's Market Courage Turns To Cowardice Next Week [View article]
    I wonder if the Fed will consider ways of stealthily continuing QE somehow. I actually tend to think that QE won't come to a complete halt. No evidence, just a feeling.
    Oct 26, 2014. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Achieve A Super Yield With The SuperDividend ETF [View article]
    Interesting.
    Oct 26, 2014. 01:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New MLP ETF Enters The Marketplace But This One Comes With A Twist [View article]
    Agree. Initial signs are quite positive.
    Oct 24, 2014. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sears Layoffs Top 6,000, Closing Over 110 Outlets [View article]
    I'm amazed that the stock price is still trading as high as it is. This company has been dying a slow death for years now and bankruptcy seems inevitable. Lampert is going to bankrupt himself sinking more money into Sears.
    Oct 23, 2014. 01:44 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: A Dividend Cut Is Imminent [View article]
    Fully agree. I could see speculators try to play a potential pop on earnings but I see few good reasons to own this stock right now.
    Oct 23, 2014. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: A Dividend Cut Is Imminent [View article]
    I'm not long or short. I thought about buying a little over a year ago but have just followed the company since.
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: A Dividend Cut Is Imminent [View article]
    No CEO ever WANTS to cut the dividend (especially this group) but soon I think their hand will be forced.
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: A Dividend Cut Is Imminent [View article]
    It should pop. It would be better for the long term.
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: A Dividend Cut Is Imminent [View article]
    You make all these things sound so easy. Do you think they're going to sell Bloom Lake, sell seaborne assets (at a reasonable price at least) and buy back stock and debt all in one quarter?

The thing you said about the short squeeze is one of my big concerns with Casablanca. They seem more concerned about the stock price than managing the company.
    Oct 23, 2014. 08:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources Will Continue To Suffer [View article]
    Cliffs can only hope that they can sell some of their assets to generate some cash. If they can't I just can't imagine they can stay viable much longer especially in a low IO price environment. Casablanca seems to want to do the flashy things that impress shareholders like stock buybacks at the expense of the long term. Not impressed by Casablanca at all.
    Oct 22, 2014. 10:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Adding Citigroup To My Portfolio Today [View article]
    I tend to agree with J. Woods. Having worked in an area of a bank that was directly involved with the Fed assessments I can tell you that they're not easy people to please. You'll never achieve 100% transparency but I'd certainly feel safer about what's being said publicly now versus five years ago.
    Oct 21, 2014. 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment