Dave Dierking, CFA

View Dave Dierking, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Banco Santander: Is The 7% Dividend Sustainable? [View article]
    The dividend is still hanging tough and I like the push above $9. Hope the trend continues!
    Jan 16 01:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 Utility Stocks Yielding At Least 4% And Still Growing The Dividend [View article]
    I still like SPH even though it's been relatively flat for 2013.
    Jan 16 01:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Fully Valued At $15 Per Share [View article]
    It was big. I was surprised it was so positive to the upside.
    Jan 16 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • J.C. Penney: Is The End Near? [View article]
    Too many other stores I'd rather buy a shirt from.
    Jan 16 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: When Is The Dividend Hike Coming? [View article]
    At this point, I think a dividend increase or a stock buyback would help push the stock price higher.
    Jan 16 01:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: A Buy Ahead Of Potential Dividend Payout Increase [View article]
    Glad to hear it! I wish I would've done it myself. Never had the courage to pull the trigger.
    Jan 16 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fundamentals Could Push Bank Of America To $18 In The Next 12 Months [View article]
    Looks to be working so far.
    Jan 16 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Devon Energy Positioning Itself For 2014 Breakout [View article]
    Don't worry. I've already messaged him privately about his "persistence".
    Jan 16 09:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • These 6 Stocks Already Yielding 3% Still Offer A Strong Growth Forecast [View article]
    Revenues were flat in 2013 but projected to pick up again in 2014.
    Jan 8 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I didn't think WM's dividend growth was bad. Granted, 3-4% dividend growth won't shoot the lights out but I don't think it's below average either.
    Jan 8 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: 4 Reasons Why One Of 2013's Biggest Losers Could Make A 2014 Rally [View article]
    While I think it appears to be a little range-bound right now it's still a solid long-term value.
    Jan 8 09:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Conservative Growth Stocks For A Retiree's Portfolio [View article]
    There's certainly no problem with owning more than one utility. In fact, it's probably a better idea than owning just one. But I was just picking one from each sector. I have no qualms with the others you mentioned.
    Dec 20 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Conservative Growth Stocks For A Retiree's Portfolio [View article]
    In the year ahead you're probably right. There's a little more potential for capital loss but over 20 years or so I still think these are solid choices.
    Dec 20 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Conservative Growth Stocks For A Retiree's Portfolio [View article]
    I would tend to agree with your allocations. I'd be more likely to go with a 70-30 or 80-20 allocation in retirement but I tend to be more OK with risk. The 40-60 allocation was more of a starting guideline for someone who may not be as familiar with the markets or market risk.
    Dec 20 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment