Dave Dierking, CFA

View Dave Dierking, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Amazon's Current Fair Value? Around $75 A Share [View article]
    If only the markets behaved rationally, this would be an easy investment decision to make!
    Mar 28 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Current Fair Value? Around $75 A Share [View article]
    I will agree that there's a lot of potential in the cloud. If it's successful as it should be that would significantly help the bottom line. Still don't think it's worth what people are paying for it though.
    Mar 27 03:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Current Fair Value? Around $75 A Share [View article]
    Hey, I love Amazon and I use the website all the time but they've been around for how many years now and they're still not turning a profit? I think they're set up well but they've gotta start making some money here soon.
    Mar 27 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon's Current Fair Value? Around $75 A Share [View article]
    I contemplated making that very point in the article. Based on everything, you can make the argument that you should short this stock but it just seems somewhat impervious to downward pressure. I remember with their 3rd quarter results they missed on both earnings and revenue forecasts and the stock price still managed to go up. I can say that I think this is only a $75 stock but I also think it's very unlikely that it'll actually get there.
    Mar 27 12:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Amazon Law' Is The Signal To Sell Far Overpriced Amazon [View article]
    I just grabbed the number in the article. I know that the trailing P/E is 200-ish. By any measure, it's a ridiculous valuation.
    Mar 22 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'Amazon Law' Is The Signal To Sell Far Overpriced Amazon [View article]
    Amazon is absolutely a sell. I don't care how much revenue you generate. A 70 P/E is simply unsustainable. The tech bubble of 2000 should have taught us that much.
    Mar 22 02:46 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bank Of Amazon: How Long Will Suppliers, Sellers And Customers Keep The Doors Open? [View article]
    I really believe that Amazon is heading down the road of a significant correction in their stock price. The stock is WAY overvalued and I agree with your assessment that the cash flow numbers are going to start getting pulled back.
    Mar 19 09:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon And Its Indefensible Valuation [View article]
    Agree wholeheartedly. I just don't understand how Amazon gets by with a 100+ P/E when virtually every other company doesn't. Other companies get slammed if they miss on revenues but Amazon actually rises. Even if it's growing like gangbusters it's insanely overvalued. I don't get why this stock is treated differently.
    Nov 2 10:31 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment