Dave Dierking

View Dave Dierking's Comments BY TICKER:

• Costco Win, Apple Pay Partnership And Organic Growth Make Visa A Solid Long-Term Holding [View article]
    Agree. Huge win for Visa!
    Apr 7, 2015. 04:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    1. I'll reevaluate at the end of the year but I don't foresee myself selling any time soon. Visa's business is pretty entrenched in the American way of life. Hang on for the long term.

2. I'm not sure credit card transaction volume would decrease. Outstanding credit balances have been on almost a straight line up for years and years. If people are willing to load up on debt at a 20%+ rate I don't think they're going to blink if it goes to 25-30%.

3. Essentially a similar answer as above. Visa is a cash generating cow with fantastic margins. I don't think this machine is slowing down any time soon even if defaults increase. They're still making a lot of money.

International has a lot of room to grow but so does domestic. Visa has a rich P/E but it's also growing strong so the valuation is justified.
    Apr 7, 2015. 04:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think something like only half of transactions are processed as credit or debit. There's still a lot of room for growth.
    Apr 7, 2015. 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You'd think that lower gas prices would equal greater spending since people now have more money in their wallets but I don't think the effect would be immediate. I think there might be a few months lag before spending catches up.
    Apr 7, 2015. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: It's Time To Start Making Some Money [View article]
    Amazon's gone from online bookseller to global retail empire. You have to be sorta well run to reach that point.
    Apr 1, 2015. 06:35 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: It's Time To Start Making Some Money [View article]
    Good point! Although I'm not sure if I've ever heard Bezos' official position on the afterlife.
    Apr 1, 2015. 05:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: It's Time To Start Making Some Money [View article]
    No disagreement. My only worry with Amazon is less than profitable growth. Amazon is no doubt a well run company.
    Apr 1, 2015. 03:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 ETFs To Play Rising Interest Rates [View article]
    It trades 51,000 shares a day. I don't think it's THAT minuscule.
    Mar 25, 2015. 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Biotech ETF Targets Companies In Late Stage Clinical Trials [View article]
    According to the ALPS website, "The stocks in the Underlying Index are reviewed and rebalanced on the third Friday of the last month of each calendar quarter."
    Mar 24, 2015. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons Why FireEye Is My Top Pick In The Cybersecurity Space [View article]
    Good for FireEye. Companies think they're adequately protected until something happens. Then they call in the big dogs.
    Mar 18, 2015. 08:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Vanguard Wellesley Income The Only Retirement Fund You Need? [View article]
    If there's a commission to buy it perhaps. Otherwise, it should be the same.
    Mar 17, 2015. 09:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fair enough. I've had limited success in short term momentum trading so I'm just choosing to hang on for the potential long term upside. Which I think could be considerable.
    Mar 16, 2015. 02:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, I like him too. He seems like a smart guy.
    Mar 13, 2015. 08:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New One Of A Kind Biotech ETF Hits The Market [View article]
    This may only be modestly helpful but hopefully it's a step in the right direction.

Mar 9, 2015. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tuttle Tactical U.S. Core ETF Leads The Burgeoning 'ETF Of ETFs' Space [View article]
    I was using TOTL as a comparable in the tactical ETF area and not in the fund of funds area.
    Mar 6, 2015. 01:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment