Dave Dierking

View Dave Dierking's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cliffs Natural Resources: 4 Reasons Why One Of 2013's Biggest Losers Could Make A 2014 Rally [View article]
    While I think it appears to be a little range-bound right now it's still a solid long-term value.
    Jan 8 09:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Conservative Growth Stocks For A Retiree's Portfolio [View article]
    There's certainly no problem with owning more than one utility. In fact, it's probably a better idea than owning just one. But I was just picking one from each sector. I have no qualms with the others you mentioned.
    Dec 20 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Conservative Growth Stocks For A Retiree's Portfolio [View article]
    In the year ahead you're probably right. There's a little more potential for capital loss but over 20 years or so I still think these are solid choices.
    Dec 20 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Core Conservative Growth Stocks For A Retiree's Portfolio [View article]
    I would tend to agree with your allocations. I'd be more likely to go with a 70-30 or 80-20 allocation in retirement but I tend to be more OK with risk. The 40-60 allocation was more of a starting guideline for someone who may not be as familiar with the markets or market risk.
    Dec 20 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sears: Land's End Spinoff Feels Like A Desperate Hail Mary [View article]
    It's true.

Dec 19 12:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Devon Energy Positioning Itself For 2014 Breakout [View article]
    Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.
    Dec 19 09:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Devon Energy Positioning Itself For 2014 Breakout [View article]
    I think you've established on this thread the fact that you're not a fan of the company.
    Dec 18 12:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Devon Energy Positioning Itself For 2014 Breakout [View article]
    Definitely "breakout".
    Dec 17 11:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sears: Land's End Spinoff Feels Like A Desperate Hail Mary [View article]
    Thank you. I suppose you can nitpick details but the facts remain that Sears is in significant trouble.
    Dec 17 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Devon Energy Positioning Itself For 2014 Breakout [View article]
    Thank you! I appreciate it.
    Dec 16 09:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Devon Energy Positioning Itself For 2014 Breakout [View article]
    That should actually read 400 million, not billion. I'll submit a correction. Thanks for the heads up.

As far as where I got it, I grabbed this number from a Forbes article but this number is quoted elsewhere as well.

Dec 15 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banco Santander: Is The 7% Dividend Sustainable? [View article]
    All,

I made a minor correction to this article.

Previously, I stated that scrip dividends from Santander were tax free. I've clarified and restated to say that the scrip dividend is free from the Spanish 21% withholding rate.

Apologies for the confusion.
    Dec 3 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Fully Valued At $15 Per Share [View article]
    Again, because I think it's fully valued at $15 doesn't mean it can't go above or below $15. For your sake, I hope it goes to $100 and you make a truckload of money. Still doesn't change the fact that I think it's fairly valued at $15.
    Nov 26 11:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Fully Valued At $15 Per Share [View article]
    Because I think it's fully valued at $15 doesn't mean it can't go above or below $15. But thanks for the update.
    Nov 22 12:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Fully Valued At $15 Per Share [View article]
    Well, if we're doing that then we could estimate that earnings are going to be $3.50 in 2022 and say the stock should be at $42. You can't price a stock based on 2016 earnings in 2013. You could expand the multiple if there's higher than average optimism over the near term but 2016 is going a little too far out.
    Nov 22 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment