David Alton Clark

View David Alton Clark's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bank Of America: Get Out Now, The Bank's Coffin Is About To Be Nailed Shut [View article]

Jul 12 10:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    because every time QE has ended, the market has nose dived. Do you not remember? Do your own homework. It is a fact.
    Jul 12 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    i invited constructive feedback... not constructive homework.. I said my piece, you have said yours. I have mouths to feed brother..,
    Jul 12 09:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am a huge dude... bigger and stronger than most if not all NFL linemen... you wouldn't take that tone with me face to face! lolol
    Jul 12 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    i said the reasons in my article already.
    Jul 12 09:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    if the housing market goes everything goes, everything goes... you guys are thinking myopically
    Jul 12 09:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Breathe Deeply, Embrace Tim Cook And Hold Until $120 [View article]
    The stock split was performed so the transference of shares from smart money to dumb money could be expedited prior to the commencement of profit taking. Apple does not own the world and is not making news highs. Now I will bid you farewell and adieu as well, my work is done here. DAC
    Jul 12 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Breathe Deeply, Embrace Tim Cook And Hold Until $120 [View article]
    Quoth the Raven! I can't help saying that every time I see your Avatar!

I thought I would take the time to read one of your articles and comment on it Raven, since you seem to have read one of mine and given me some feedback on my insights.

I am glad I did! I plan on reading more of your stuff because I really enjoyed the eloquent text and learned a lot on how to express my opinions much more stylistically. I am more of a straight shooting meat and potatoes kind of guy.

That being said, I completely disagree with your thesis. Further, I feel your preoccupation with Tim Cook has clouded your judgement. Don't get me wrong, I love Apple products, Tim Cook, and Jobs. One of my best friends is Matthew Modine, who starred in the latest movie Jobs as Sculley.

Yet, that doesn't mean Apple's stock is going to go up. There are too many competitive and cost pressures at this time coupled with an overly optimistic viewpoint like yours. There are a multitude of known knowns, known unkowns, and unknown unknowns in the world today that Cook has ZERO control over.

Here is my latest on Apple. I rode it all the way up from the $400s, and previous to that, I called BS on the stock when it was at $700. Only time will tell who is correct oh great and wondrous Quoth the Raven, nonetheless, you will surely be quoted in the history books for your impassioned delivery of your most prescient insights. I bow to your grace.

Mt latest on Apple

My Pair Trade, Long Apple/Short BlackBerry, Is Up 100%, Has The Worm Turned?

Bottom-line

I see this article as mostly a homage to Tim Cook. I will now bid you farewell and adieu my most artful and eloquent compatriot, Quoth the Raven. In other words, adios brother! Quoth The Clarker
    Jul 12 01:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    i hear you! lol
    Jul 11 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron: Nothing Good Lasts Forever [View article]
    you are actually pretty funny dude! lol I used to have a big long piece in my biography about my investing philosophy but I changed it to just my background and education to make it short and sweet and so people wouldn't have to click on the more info button. I will consider adding a blurb at the end about my strategies. I think my background regarding my experience in business, my credentials regarding my degree in accounting, and my certifications are important and show I'm not just some kid writing for PVs. I am well educated and have real world business experience related to the companies I write about.

You are the only person in four years that has ever complained about it, soooo, doing the math, makes me feel it may be more of your issue than mine.

Regarding answering comments, I do that in my spare time. I do start working on my next piece the next morning and use my only my free time on the week ends and at night to get into the comments. Also, I have been doing this for a while and it seems to work better of I let the comments thread age a bit before I get involved. Often another commenter well take up the cause and a great debate will ensue even if the comment was directed towards me. So I let the thread breath as it were like a fine wine before I dive in. I said my piece in the article. I am not going to regurgitate it in the comments section as well.

I have a family and need to put food on the table. Spending time on responding to comments is important, but its more akin to a play time brother. I have to keep focused on working during the week days or you will end up spending all day jacking around. I have already spent 45 minutes talking to you, the guy giving me grief. How smart is that? but I wouldn't have done this of your last comment didn't make me laugh!

I have mouths to feed. I wish i could spend all day during the week bantering back and forth with people and answering questions, but eventually I wouldn't be able to because I'd have to hock my computer to buy food for my kids.

I remain, The Clark-O-Matic.
    Jul 11 06:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    because this is a stock I have been touting for the last few years. I am in the process of reevaluating each name i have been bullish on at this point and updating my assessments.
    Jul 11 04:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think QE ending will be the final nail in the coffin. Its a well known saying/proverb. The title is a derivative of that. its not a cartoon and reflects exactly what is presented in the article and has nothing to do with anyone's character. so i don't agree with your thesis. this happens every time a bearish piece is published regardless of the title brother. its not the title.
    Jul 11 03:25 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    you are hilarious. after everything i just said you call it off the cuff.
    Jul 11 01:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron: Nothing Good Lasts Forever [View article]
    Thanks brother! You can relate now can't you! lol
    Jul 11 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I appreciate everyone's feedback that is related to actual thoughts on the article and the other side of the coin. For those of you bashing me as a daytrader and everything else under the sun, you obviously haven't done your homework on me and my BAC train of thought. I have been the biggest BAC supporter though my writings for years. I was long the stock since $4.98. I called the exact bottom. I am a stock commentator. My predictions are measured by several outlets based on the bullish or bearish views put forth in my articles. So when I feel a change in the direction of the stock price is forthcoming and will be substantial I write an article about it and make my case. If you disagree with me that's fine, but lets drop all the ad hominem attacks. We are all big boys/girls here aren't we?

It takes two to tango. There are always two sides to every coin. Every-time you buy a share someone sold it to you. Think about it. take care Dave
    Jul 11 01:01 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment