David Alton Clark

View David Alton Clark's Comments BY TICKER:
  • General Electric: Even The Darkest Of Clouds Have Silver Linings [View article]
    those aren't cliches... those are facts. Thanks for distilling my article down to that! pretty cool actually...
    Oct 23, 2014. 03:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Opportunity Lurks In Dangerous Places [View article]
    everyone has given great descriptions of what a full position means. so if you decide your want to dedicate $10K to KMI for instance you would buy a portion at a time until to reach the full position $2.5K lots or whatever. take care DAC
    Oct 23, 2014. 01:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • It's True, Apple Is About To Crush Microsoft With Business Customers [View article]
    Rocco! I must say your ability to articulate your message has improved exponentially since the last time I read one of your articles brother!

Regarding your message content, the words "entrenched in the enterprise" come to mind when I think of Microsoft. It won't be a simple task. It will be a circuitous endeavor at best. but well worth the time. DAC
    Oct 23, 2014. 01:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Don't Let The Smoke And Mirrors Fool You [View article]
    Thanks for the input Chris! Good to hear from you! Dave
    Oct 22, 2014. 12:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: On The Cusp Of A Major Break Out? [View article]
    maybe you should! maybe it was Col. Mustard in the Library with a candlestick... now those are really Clue words!
    Oct 21, 2014. 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Don't Let The Smoke And Mirrors Fool You [View article]
    I said its a buy.... Just not right after this huge spike. Let it calm down a bit. If you think that is crazy... Well... To each his own
    Oct 21, 2014. 08:53 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Has An Ace In The Hole [View article]
    Looks like they did have an Ace in the Hole after all....
    Aug 11, 2014. 10:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Is It Safe To Run With This Bull? [View article]
    Thanks brother! I guess they decided to play that Ace! lol
    Aug 11, 2014. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric's Latest Discovery May Transform The LED And LCD Display Industry [View article]
    Good points Bobcat! I never said I didn't like your questions. You tone was highly snarky though Bob... come on... lets be real... phrases like... all the dramatic, game changing technology your research has uncovered (sarcastic)... churning out (demeaning)... did you really expect me to answer up?

Nonetheless, the reason i didn't answer your question about why or why not I own GE is that its really none of your business. That is the bottom line. I don't answer these types of questions for anyone... and never usually respond at all to people who take a demeaning sarcastic tone towards me and my work, but i had a lapse last night... now look where it has got me... another waste of 30 minutes. you can take or leave whatever i say... im just giving my opinion. take it easy Bobcat Clark out
    Aug 9, 2014. 03:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "If this new technology is adopted as the new standard for display screens, this could be a multi-billion dollar windfall for the company in my opinion."

The main point of the article is GE will be around for a long time so you won't have to sell out of this stock and take a capital gains hit at some point in the future, yet I did mention my opinion on the financial impact in the article. The point of the article: GE will be around for a long time to pay you dividends. I hope that clears up your puzzlement. DAC
    Aug 9, 2014. 02:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    what does the A stand for Bobby
    Aug 8, 2014. 11:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Introducing Outstanding Performance Awards [View article]
    Well you just disqualified yourself by pitching it to SA Charles... Did you actually read the article brother? This seems to be an issue with many readers. They never get to the end! DAC
    Jul 26, 2014. 07:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: A Golden Dividend Opportunity Is Never Offered Twice [View article]
    As an auditor those issues wouldn't have reached the materiality level to be considered an outright error.
    Jul 17, 2014. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    and I said approximately as well. lolol
    Jul 17, 2014. 12:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    There are a lot of reasons why I write my articles. The major reason why I began writing is very personal to me and none of your business. At this point, I write because it is my passion. I am trying to work my way up the financial writer/commentator food chain. When you write for the WSJ or even the street, you are not allowed to own the equities.

I love writing an write about stocks I have been following for years. I have already had many offers to become a financial adviser for various firms. due to the performance of my picks over the years. I am the 5th most successful stock picker out of all bloggers and prof analysts over a years time. I don't want to manage money. I enjoy writing about stocks not managing money. I am writing a book though about my methods that I will display on my author page at some point.

I was an EY consultant and auditor for 100s of fortune 500 companies. I am set financially. I used to play the picks I made but I got the other side of the argument then. People said I was just talking my book. I decided not to own the stocks I write about following the rules of a professional analyst with no conflicts of interest. Are you familiar with the concept? I have gone on long enough. My articles are stock commentary not investment advice. You can take or leave whatever I say and for sure do your own DD and talk to an investment pro before making any investment decisions. DAC
    Jul 17, 2014. 12:36 PM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment