David Alton Clark

View David Alton Clark's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Kinder Morgan And The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Truth Regarding Falling Oil Prices [View article]
    i am asking how do you arrive at a $350 million ebitda loss from oil being 50% from its peak? I don't see the underlying arithmetic to support that.

Further, this is only a small aspect of the business, KMI just gaining a $20 billion tax benefit from the merger which is a significant offset and has billion in growth prospects available to make up the difference. remember 54% of KMI's business is nat gas as well.
    Dec 16, 2014. 04:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    i don't follow your math JY

"Oil is down ~$50 from its peak, so that should have an impact of ~$350 million"

how do you calc this?

Regardless, time will tell! you may be right ! it takes two to tango! thanks for the input JY! im out. DAC
    Dec 16, 2014. 04:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    that is a minute and inconsequential factor at this point JY, i covered this topic in an earlier piece. thanks DAC

Dec 16, 2014. 03:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    >>>As prices continue to drop, the fringe players will go bankrupt and their assets will be absorbed by the likes of Exxon Mobil<<<

You don't know that they will be absorbed. They might just go bankrupt with no buyers if their production costs are too high.

Clark - they are the fringe players DMI... this isn't the first time oil has dropped brother... its all happened a thousand times before that is how I know. further the most expense and costly players will go first, consequently these fields will remain dormant until the bar is raised once again. the sweet spots will be more than enough to keep pipelines busy near term.

>>>Cash flows are fee based...<<<

Everyone keeps saying this but there are two things that make me cautious about it.

1-How many of KMI's current customers are highly leveraged small producers that are going to go bust? Fee based or not, if the customer goes bankrupt that business is gone.

Clark - none that I know of... can you name one?

2-If lower commodity prices are going to persist in the future, don't you think the (surviving) suppliers are going to negotiate KMI's fees down on future contracts?

Clark - no - and I don't think low oil prices will persist past March or April of next year so the point is moot. DAC
    Dec 16, 2014. 03:40 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    spell check error! thanks Larry!
    Dec 16, 2014. 02:48 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Buy The Dip, It Will Not Last [View article]
    This thread is awesome people! Thanks for all the input. Tons of great insights from both sides. DAC
    Dec 12, 2014. 11:30 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil: A Massive Buying Opportunity? Don't Drink The Kool-Aid [View article]
    Thanks for the input Phenom. This article was somewhat of a response to several other articles recently published stating XOM was a massive buying opportunity last week. I felt some balance to the coverage was needed. XOM is a solid investment, but its not a screaming buy right now. That is my opinion. DAC
    Dec 8, 2014. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: The Opportunity Of The Coming Decade Materializes [View article]
    Inky you went ballistic! lol I love it! Good stuff! DAC
    Dec 6, 2014. 12:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am writing an article just for you next time Raker! I hear you. Ur wrong about who I am though. DAC
    Dec 6, 2014. 12:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The importance of this statement is that Rex said XOM could withstand $40 a barrel oil and then said XOM has projects ranging from $40 to $120. So the question is... how much of the business is profitable at $40? Half? One third? I know its not 100%. DAC
    Dec 5, 2014. 11:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hey Jedi! Thanks for the input! I made your comment an author's pick! may the force be with you brother! DAC
    Dec 5, 2014. 08:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    1. "if one accepts Tillerson's assertion that XOM will be fine at 40 dollars per barrel," I dont accept this. I explained this in the article. You are putting the positive spin on his statement that generated this article.

2. Call it what you want, value trap, whatever, don't get hung up on semantics, all I am saying is the stock is not a buying opportunity right now. I suggest you read the article again. It appears you just skimmed though it. Anyway, if you don't agree with my position that's fine. It takes two to make a market. Take care DAC
    Dec 5, 2014. 05:19 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: What Worries Me The Most [View article]
    Thanks Sazi!
    Dec 3, 2014. 08:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: What Worries Me The Most [View article]
    Thanks for everyone's input! Like I stated in the article, I am not bearish on the stock. It just seemed the coverage lately has been all positive. I wanted to do a thought provoking piece to flesh out any potential negatives or positives. I hope the discussion continues. There has been some amazing posts already in this comments thread! Take care DAC
    Dec 3, 2014. 02:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment