David Alton Clark

View David Alton Clark's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • The Real Reasons Why Apple Is Tanking [View article]
    you obviously didn't read the whole article. I am not proposing you short Apple. DAC
    Dec 5 04:21 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Be Fooled, Gold Will Soar In 2012 [View article]
    Like I said in the article I think silver moves up right along with gold.
    Dec 16 09:14 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron: An Apple Derivative Play [View article]
    Checked with Micron Investor Relations, Apple is Micron's second largest customer currently. They have certain non disclosure agreements in place with Apple that restricts them from stating anything further in regards to sales of their products to Apple.
    Mar 4 01:13 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Saving The Best For Last? [View article]
    Fred you need to check your blood pressure meds brother. Too hostile. It wasn't me brother!
    Apr 10 01:42 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Nokia Double Again? [View article]
    Thanks Brother! take care DAC
    Apr 1 06:12 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Time For Longs To Wave The White Flag? [View article]
    "I never said they should pull your article" ahhh I beg to differ "This post subject to SA removal, I surmise."

Tuf, I have been around here a lot longer than you. All of my comments were unique insights regarding recent developments. I do not report the "news" like you. My last article on BBRY received 227 comments. I received numerous requests for a follow up article. That is why it gets published. The more you talk the less intelligent u appear.

U call my insights lightweight. But the fact is they are unique insights not previously posited by anyone else. I don't regurgitate the 10Q or anyone's point of view. I am known for my unique contrarian insights. I have over 500 articles and 2000+ followers. My opinions are well respected by several high profile investors and traders. I am followed on twitter by several CNBC anchors and shows. my articles have been guest posts in the WSJ and many others. My name has been mentioned on CNBC over 15 times regarding my prescient calls in my articles.

I look back through previous articles to ensure I don't repeat things previously covered. No one had brought up the smart phone saturation point for instance. You are a newbie! You have been here for 5 months. Why don't you crawl back under you rock and get back to me after you hit 500 articles...you getting on my article and calling me a light weight is not proper etiquette for a fellow SA author by the way. This is something I would expect from a troll on a yahoo message board. you never debated any of my positions. just took a pot shot at me. This is extremely childish. i see you as an imature 20 something guy. I have to guess because you hide behind your anonymous profile, but refer to yourself with the plural "we" in your articles. Are you Gollum from the hobbit movies maybe? get a life bro! PS. Its not hot in NYC, come to Texas and find out what hot is all about. Over and Out. if you came at me at first in a mature way i would engage you in a debate, as it stands I have wasted to much time on you already.
    Jul 9 05:22 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Be Fooled, Gold Will Soar In 2012 [View article]
    Wis, The 10 10 % declines and the 10 years in a row of gains is not investing advice... its a historical fact. So your point makes no sense. Also I think you skipped over my reply to another commenters comment on that bit of information and here is my response that may help you understand where I was going with those FACTS."You know DHOW you made a good point on my first point. I left off why gold has been up for 10 years straight and the main reason is the one you brought up. fiat currency devaluation risk. No fiat currency in history has survived to date. So we are on the same page, but I should have flushed out that first point more which was the big picture point. Thanks DAC

And if you don't agree thats fine, but saying its the worst ever on Seeking Alpha kinda negates your credibility and sounds " yahoo messageboard "ish" in my opinion. There are quite a few very smart people around the world that have written very popular books on the subject of gold and fiat currency failures based on facts that many people agree with.

Finally, gold is not a turkey. And BTW, Turkeys only take 24 to 28 weeks to grow so your killing the turkey on day 365 makes no sense as well. lol
    Dec 16 10:48 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Be Fooled, Gold Will Soar In 2012 [View article]
    You know DHOW you made a good point on my first point. I left off why gold has been up for 10 years straight and the main reason is the one you brought up. fiat currency devaluation risk. No fiat currency in history has survived to date. So we are on the same page, but I should have fleshed out that first point more which was the big picture point. Thanks DAC
    Dec 16 08:53 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Micron Just Jump The Shark? [View article]
    Sounds like we agree pretty much Russ. I appreciate your input. The entire feel of the market as a whole reminds me of my time in the valley in the late 90s working as a consultant for Xilinx. Its a little scary.
    Apr 4 05:07 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Nokia Double Again? [View article]
    The deal is a collaboration between the new Nokia entity (ESPOO), Microsoft and the bank. See below

Nokia will be the preferred provider of Smartphones for CaixaBank with Nokia Lumia ESPOO, Finland, April 1, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Madrid, Spain and Espoo Finland - Nokia today announced that CaixaBank, a leading financial group in the Spanish market both in banking and insurance, has chosen Nokia as the preferred provider of smartphones for its employees. The agreement includes the purchase of approximately 30,000 Nokia Lumia devices. The close collaboration between CaixaBank, Nokia, and Microsoft has enabled Nokia and Microsoft to offer valuable technical and creative support in CaixaBank's technological development phase.
    CaixaBank reinforces its position as the leading Spanish bank in the world of innovation as well as service quality with its choice of Nokia Lumia. Mobile devices are a highly valuable asset in the relationship with customers and the implementation of Nokia Lumia as the preferred device family for CaixaBank employees is a strategic project focused on promoting mobility, adding value both for CaixaBank employees and customers.
    "Thanks to the collaboration between all parties, we managed to deliver a customized solution for CaixaBank covering all their requirements and allowing us to manage it for the future in a coordinated way", Reyes Justribó, General Manager for Nokia in Iberia, points out.
    Apr 1 07:02 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Energy: Heading To $10? [View article]
    $5 is the bottom for various reason. But you never know what macro event might trigger a market wide sell off. I feel a lot of people have been rocked to sleep with the steady Eddie up market this year. it may be time for Washington to do their thing and screw everything up.
    Aug 23 01:38 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Real Reasons Why Apple Is Tanking [View article]
    the big thing for me was... no one has mentioned that they missed the last two quarters... everyone reaching for reasons for the drop... and no one brought up this fact. i checked all aapl article prior to this one and it was never mentioned.
    Dec 5 04:45 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Be Fooled, Gold Will Soar In 2012 [View article]
    Yeah Warren doesn't like gold. I love the old man, but this is where we part ways. I think you can make money trading gold and you should hold some physical bullion.
    Dec 16 09:10 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Micron Just Jump The Shark? [View article]
    I am not behind on Micron. I have made significant profits on my Micron positions in the past. I am not currently in the stock either way. thanks for the input! DAC
    Apr 4 04:09 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge Energy: Heading To $10? [View article]
    They are pot committed as my poker buddies would say!
    Aug 22 02:50 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment