David Alton Clark

View David Alton Clark's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • General Electric: A Golden Dividend Opportunity Is Never Offered Twice [View article]
    There are a lot of reasons why I write my articles. The major reason why I began writing is very personal to me and none of your business. At this point, I write because it is my passion. I am trying to work my way up the financial writer/commentator food chain. When you write for the WSJ or even the street, you are not allowed to own the equities.

I love writing an write about stocks I have been following for years. I have already had many offers to become a financial adviser for various firms. due to the performance of my picks over the years. I am the 5th most successful stock picker out of all bloggers and prof analysts over a years time. I don't want to manage money. I enjoy writing about stocks not managing money. I am writing a book though about my methods that I will display on my author page at some point.

I was an EY consultant and auditor for 100s of fortune 500 companies. I am set financially. I used to play the picks I made but I got the other side of the argument then. People said I was just talking my book. I decided not to own the stocks I write about following the rules of a professional analyst with no conflicts of interest. Are you familiar with the concept? I have gone on long enough. My articles are stock commentary not investment advice. You can take or leave whatever I say and for sure do your own DD and talk to an investment pro before making any investment decisions. DAC
    Jul 17, 2014. 12:36 PM | 23 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Is It Safe To Run With This Bull? [View article]
    Be leery D! That is your right! You can take or leave whatever I say. I'm not selling anything. I am just expressing my opinion. I am a writer. You can take it or leave it. My articles aren't investment advice. They are my opinions and should not be used for anything more than starting points for you to do your own due diligence D. You should never base an investment decision on one man's article D. I am leery of everything I read.

Yet, the fact of the matter is the stock is up 10% since I published my first article on KMI three months ago. Dats da fact jack as Bill Murray would say. So you go right ahead and be leery all you want. DAC

As a side note I am currently ranked 7th out of the top ten stock pickers in the US currently according to Tipranks for both analysts and bloggers.

Tipranks Top 25 Analysts and Bloggers

I didn't get to that spot by writing about things I didn't have a strong conviction about that ended up being good picks. Further, I really haven't written that much about Kinder Morgan when you look at it from the a big picture perspective. Ive written over 600 articles and only a few have been about KMI.

I wrote one article and everything I have written since the first article has been about a different aspects of the company and requested from me by multiple readers. So I wrote about those topics as well. There has been a lot of news regarding KMI in recent months. Have a good one. DAC
    Jul 8, 2014. 02:59 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: Trucking Its Way To $40 By 2015? [View article]
    I did Clown... you need to reread the article instead of clowning around. The market is at all time highs NOT Ford Clowny! DAC
    Jun 3, 2014. 08:51 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: A Golden Contrarian Opportunity Is Never Offered Twice [View article]
    hey that's great Redrut. Whatever you say... but I'm not a CFA holder and this isn't a research report. On a side note, I think you are wrong about being in jeopardy of losing my membership if I was though. I'd like to see you substantiate that.... I said nothing wrong or misleading... I simply stated my position and thoughts on the current state of affairs. If it wasn't enough evidence to satisfy you, that is a personal matter.

Furthermore, this is an article regarding my insights on the name posted on Seeking Alpha, not a certified research report delivered to a paying client in an advisory relationship, so i think you are a little off base with your assertions.

I made my case in the article. Read the article again. have a good day. DAC
    Jun 12, 2014. 09:26 AM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Has An Ace In The Hole [View article]
    For the most part, every MLP governing document includes an agreement to distribute 100% of “available cash” The definition of “available cash” is as follows: All cash on hand at the end of a quarter less reserves established for the operation of the MLP, compliance with applicable laws, any debt instruments and other agreements of the MLP.

An MLPs distributions are tax preferred due to the fact it is a pass through organization and larger the usual because they pay no tax at the corporate level.

Excuse me for not being more specific. And Thanks
    May 24, 2014. 10:00 AM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    And by the way, it has been shown that the performance of my calls over the past 4 years have bested 99.7% of ALL published analysts during that time frame. Chew on that for a while Redrut! lol its all good... DAC
    Jun 12, 2014. 09:33 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric: Strap Yourselves In And Prepare For Liftoff [View article]
    Tell us how you really feel! Comparing GE to Apple makes no sense was my point. Its like comparing Apples to Oranges. BTW, Apple is not $645 a share anymore. Share price is not the proper metric for comparisons. DAC
    Jun 8, 2014. 11:35 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Hitting The Shale Sweet Spot [View article]
    I did a series about the natural gas pipeline expansion there's four regions so there were four articles.
    Jun 22, 2014. 04:15 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: The Worm Has Definitely Turned [View article]
    Your rap
    is getting old Bruce. It's not one or the other. As aatter of fact, based on the significant run in your positions, it's probly a good time to rotate out of those and into Kindern Morgan DAC
    Jun 4, 2014. 04:11 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil: A Massive Buying Opportunity? Don't Drink The Kool-Aid [View article]
    1. "if one accepts Tillerson's assertion that XOM will be fine at 40 dollars per barrel," I dont accept this. I explained this in the article. You are putting the positive spin on his statement that generated this article.

2. Call it what you want, value trap, whatever, don't get hung up on semantics, all I am saying is the stock is not a buying opportunity right now. I suggest you read the article again. It appears you just skimmed though it. Anyway, if you don't agree with my position that's fine. It takes two to make a market. Take care DAC
    Dec 5, 2014. 05:19 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: Hitting The Shale Sweet Spot [View article]
    Every article I have written has been in response to multiple requests of readers. I gain an enormous amount of new followers with the publication of each article. I have numerous more requests coming in each day. But, I hear what you're saying and I am taking a break from writing about Kinder for a while unless something big happens. Thanks
    Jun 22, 2014. 08:12 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan Has An Ace In The Hole [View article]
    Cape, I really appreciate your comments! I am trying hard and it feels good to get some positive feedback. As I'm sure you are aware, this is a tough crowd! Yet that has made me dig that much deeper to get the the bottom of it all. take care Dave
    May 24, 2014. 10:24 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Truth [View article]
    Thanks for catching that I'll get it fixed. That is my bad... are you perfect by the way Trader? pretty harsh coming from you as a contributor you know how it goes. Sounds like sour grapes to me buddy. Sorry for whatever is really upsetting you today and hope things start going better for you! take care DAC
    May 21, 2014. 10:45 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Truth [View article]
    Those are some good questions. I will have to think about doing another piece maybe. I will dig into it further and see what comes up. Thanks! I'll make your comment an authors pick. Maybe my next article I will drill down even deeper regarding this. Can only cover so much in one article or people fizzle out before the end. DAC
    May 21, 2014. 08:21 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kinder Morgan And The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Truth Regarding Falling Oil Prices [View article]
    >>>As prices continue to drop, the fringe players will go bankrupt and their assets will be absorbed by the likes of Exxon Mobil<<<

You don't know that they will be absorbed. They might just go bankrupt with no buyers if their production costs are too high.

Clark - they are the fringe players DMI... this isn't the first time oil has dropped brother... its all happened a thousand times before that is how I know. further the most expense and costly players will go first, consequently these fields will remain dormant until the bar is raised once again. the sweet spots will be more than enough to keep pipelines busy near term.

>>>Cash flows are fee based...<<<

Everyone keeps saying this but there are two things that make me cautious about it.

1-How many of KMI's current customers are highly leveraged small producers that are going to go bust? Fee based or not, if the customer goes bankrupt that business is gone.

Clark - none that I know of... can you name one?

2-If lower commodity prices are going to persist in the future, don't you think the (surviving) suppliers are going to negotiate KMI's fees down on future contracts?

Clark - no - and I don't think low oil prices will persist past March or April of next year so the point is moot. DAC
    Dec 16, 2014. 03:40 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment