David Brown

View David Brown's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Where Is The Leadership? [View article]
    I have been publicly writing material for about 25 years and I have never been referred to as a "liberal" writer. I wasn't born with a "C" or an "L" attached to my forehead or my brain.

I try to solve problems as any scientist would do. Gather the facts, try to resolve the conflicting ideas and develop a solution that will work more often than it doesn't work. In this publication my job is to try to determine what the market wants and how to profit from that information. The market obviously wants a government that is open and providing services best provided by a government. No more, no less.

Of course that requires agreement among the government and the governed. Lack thereof results in chaos. We have been here many times before. We settled our issues and moved ahead.

Right now that does not seem to be happening.
    Oct 9 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Good Stocks And A Controversial 4th For This Market [View article]
    By the way, I like ACET. Nice steady growth at a reasonable price. Sorry it took me so long to reply.
    Sep 24 11:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trying To Ignore Congressional Bickering [View article]
    Regardless of what we all think today's congress needs to do today's work to keep the doors open. I would like to see more work and less rhetoric. And certainly less petty quarreling.

Thanks for your comments
    Sep 24 11:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Good Stocks And A Controversial 4th For This Market [View article]
    Thanks for your comment Dag.....I will take a look at ACET

david
    Sep 16 10:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Interesting Stocks For A Tepid Market [View article]
    Agree that VXX is best for short term...... which if you are going to hedge should be for only very short term at each hedge point
    Aug 20 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Important Week For The Summer Rally [View article]
    Thanks!
    Jul 17 11:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dividend Plays For This Earnings Season [View article]
    The real question is average length of maturities and hedging their own interest rate payable. DX has done a good job the past "x" years on managing this risk and keeping floating spreads in my opinion. I do not own the stock and cannot since I designed a UIT that included DX.

Thanks for the question.
    Jul 11 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bad News In China Begins An Interesting Week For Investors [View article]
    Sorry for the miss information. The comment on AGNC's insider buying was a typo.
    Correction: Insiders bought around $30-32/share
    Apr 16 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Will First Quarter Earnings Bring? [View article]
    Sorry Rseye, I'm not clear what the the last part of your comment means but thanks for commenting

david
    Apr 9 01:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Recapitalization Scenarios [View article]
    Good point, Alex. Thanks.
    Mar 25 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Trying To Go Higher [View article]
    I just give you the numbers.....you are obviously free to consider stocks with forward PE's of less than 8 exorbitantly priced if you want to....it is your money...
    Mar 12 01:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Market Wants Clarity Now [View article]
    I thought I replied to this earlier today but apparently my reply disappeared. Thank you so much for taking time to shed more light on this controversial subject. You remind methat there are usually two sides to most stories.

For those of us who are not medically trained, Mr. Brill's article was quite startling. I guess it would be better if the medical staff were receiving those outlandish salaries and bonuses that the "non-profit" administrator's were shown to be receiving (assume those were true). Thanks again.
    Feb 26 01:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Equities Are The Best Game In Town [View article]
    Fair point. I was going from a computer print out and thought it T4Q dividends. Sorry.
    Feb 21 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Twist On Flight To Safety [View article]
    We will need to resepectfully disagree on Apple and I'm not even a Mac guy. Don't have an iphone or an Ipad.

Thanks
    Feb 11 08:50 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Twist On Flight To Safety [View article]

Thanks

I'm the eternal optmist. But I try to be as objective as possible and I read as many "independent" (if such exist)" opinions as you can fit into a typical week. I'm hoping for some sign of compromise and think it just migt happen. Of course you should follow your own thinking on this any other matter.
    Feb 11 08:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment