David Brown

View David Brown's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What The Market Wants: June Gloom [View article]
    Thanks for comment.

If Europe can continue to move towards a resolution of the soverign debt and do something for the Spanish banks , I think the market can rally due to low valuations in many stocks.
    Jun 6 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banks Fairly Valued And Contributing To Market Strength [View article]
    Those are good points and reasonably "on target". Above normal risk remains in the sector. That said, the price fall was overdone and I believe valuations at the current time for well run banks are attractive.
    Mar 23 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EU Contagion: A Pair Of ETF Remedies To Hedge What Ails You [View article]
    Well written and informative article Daniel. Good "stuff" to cogitate upon....yuk! Let's hope the fan is pointing the "other way"
    Nov 23 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Back Into The Abyss - Now What? [View article]
    Leader does not necessarily mean a title or a characteristic. We are devoid of economic leadership among those who could or should provide that trait.
    Nov 22 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Slightly Better Outlook [View article]
    agree Garry. A time for daily diligence! Thanks

david
    Nov 15 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Who's On First? [View article]
    Typo error....in my article FCE as a hedge should have been FXE...Euro Trust Currency Shares which trade options...so puts are the obvious choice as a hedge against Euro problems
    Nov 9 05:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cause Of Monday's Sell-Off [View article]
    Thanks Manuel
    Nov 1 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cause Of Monday's Sell-Off [View article]
    Manuel: Thanks
    Nov 1 07:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cause Of Monday's Sell-Off [View article]
    jsteinman: Can't judge that since I am not an advisor.....if your favorites continue to fall you could think of adding more......but don't misjudge the potential seriousness of this whole mess......think hedge if you remain invested...
    Nov 1 07:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cause Of Monday's Sell-Off [View article]
    Thanks for the reference. Indeed it does raise the issue of revolving counterparties. What a complex world we live in. I have frequently been reassured that the major banks are well hedged but the article gives me serious pause for thought. Our quant models ranks sectors based to relative historical valuations to current fundamentals so suggests that if EU did resolve its issues financials could rebound strongly. But of course that is speculative and I was remiss not pointing out the higher risk associated with that sector upside.

As you can see, the SA editors have done their best to amend the oversight so let's give them credit for responsiveness and diligence.
    Nov 1 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cause Of Monday's Sell-Off [View article]
    Please read the whole article. I didn't write the headline. Seeking Alpha Editors changed my headline. Obviously I was VERY cautious after Mondat and Friday stock action.
    Nov 1 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cause Of Monday's Sell-Off [View article]
    Why forget the headline? My bold "IFS" immediately followed the part they chose to use. I clearly warned to "be cautious", seek hedges. The chief Hedge I have been suggesting was up 14% today (VXX). If I am so stupid why was the market so shocked.
    Nov 1 04:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Cause Of Monday's Sell-Off [View article]
    Th Editorial staff at SA changed my headline. I believe if you read the text of the article you will see that I was not taking Monday's action lightly ...see the sentence the BIG TWO IFS

thanks