David Fish

View David Fish's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Confessions Of A 'DGI Lite' Investor [View article]
    "I hope you enjoy the latest update as well."

You might want to put in a link to that...and vice versa...;)
    Aug 6 04:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    Well, they added Revis and still have McCourty, with a good mix of experience and youth that's been improving...so I expect the defense to be better. The offense has lacked some experience, but some rookies got that last year.
    Aug 6 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Wrong To Take A Position In A Stock And Then Write About It On Seeking Alpha? [View article]
    I agree with you completely. Writing about something you own (as long as it's disclosed) is (or should be) all the more convincing and honest...even if you are wrong. (If your analysis is "wrong" then you'll pay in real dollars for your mistake!)

Ironically, I have seen many comments to the effect that some readers WANT authors to write about what they actually own, for the reasons stated. Some even go to the extent of saying that they aren't going to take the article seriously, precisely because the author isn't committed enough to put his or her money into the stock. That may be an extreme position, but it does have a certain amount of logic to it. (If you're going to try to convince me to buy XYZ...and you believe in what you are writing...then why don't YOU own it?)
    Aug 6 03:23 PM | 20 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For January 2014 [View article]
    For the next update, I'm adding the color purple to the deletions table to distinguish "cuts" due to currency exchange rates. I'll also adjust the supplemental information below the deletion table.
    I suspect that I'll be showing more purple deletions this all, since I have been seeing a lot of lower US$ amounts...especially among the Canadian stocks...even for some companies that raised their dividend (in their home currency).
    Aug 6 03:06 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Frothy Market, Impending Correction - What's A Dividend Growth Investor To Do? [View article]
    "you can both enjoy the present income stream and feel calm about the future income prospects when investing for the long term."

Zen you can take a nap...;)
    Aug 6 03:00 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Actually, with the new dividend rate of $1.35, a $60 price puts the yield at 2.25%...and it's trading below $60 right now. (@59.25, yield=2.28%)
    Aug 6 02:55 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nice focus on what really matters to long-term investors. Unfortunately, SA seems to lean too much towards the trading mentality, so it's good to have a reminder like this to highlight that potential pitfall.
    Aug 6 10:47 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    Maybe lately, but back 10 years ago, they had a great defense and lots of versatile players to complement Brady. I'd like to see them get back to that...being a more complete team.
    Aug 6 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Catching Up With The DGI Lite DiviDogs [View article]
    Miz,
    Excellent update of your DiviDogs strategy, especially spelling out the four possible scenarios. What struck me is that even with some dogs "misbehaving" you're likely to come out with an excellent and growing income stream, as well as steady price appreciation.
    Looking forward to your analysis of the other portfolios!
    Aug 5 11:19 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    Well, maybe they'll meet in February. (Can't say that I'm familiar with the Seahawks focus/commitment...don't get to see them much.)
    Aug 5 01:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    Nobody would believe that one, though...;)
    Aug 5 01:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    Thanks...and as they say down South, y'all come back, y'hear.
    Aug 5 08:01 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    Brady's only as good as his weapons...and those will be better this year. But the Pats will also have something else that has been missing...defense.
    They "shoulda" won the Super bowl in 2007 and 2012, but the gaps did them in. Not this time.
    Aug 5 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    So I guess that means that you'll be "clicking back" here again soon...;)
    Aug 5 01:13 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Champions For August 2014 [View article]
    OK,sorry, I didn't mean "decimated." I meant "annihilated." ;)
    Aug 5 01:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment