David Hunkar

View David Hunkar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Four European Healthcare ADRs [View article]
    EDAP came up in my screener. I did not know about EDAP until I wrote this post.
    Jun 11 04:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Four European Oil Company ADRs with Dividends Greater than 5% [View article]
    Thanks bc818 for the note.

Pink Panther - My screener did not bring up STO.Sometimes this happens due to data inconsistency between screeners. Anyway I will add debt to capital ratio in future posts of this type.
    Jun 11 04:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 International Stocks That Have Doubled Their Dividends Over the Past Six Years [View article]
    Thanks Living4Dividends.

-David
    May 24 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Financial Institutions No Longer on Top [View article]
    Thanks Greyowl for the comments. Though I agree that the Chinese government propped up their banks to be on the top I doubt they would be able to keep it that way for too long. You are right. Not many Chinese banks operate internationally.
    May 24 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Four Frontier Market ADRs with Strong Dividends [View article]
    Interesting to know that BLX cut their dividend.I will check their balance sheet and latest info and see if I can find anything that warranted this cut.

Sure.Some companies do cut their dividend just because so many others are doing it.Thats why I always keep a close watch on my dividend stocks.

Thanks for the info.
    -David
    May 24 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Five U.S. Regional Banks Worth a Look Right Now [View article]
    Rob
    Thanks for the note about FNFG.
    I will check it out.

-David
    May 24 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Indian Bank Stocks Now a Good Bet? [View article]
    Mircea
    FII means Foreign Institutional Investors. I have noted it right below the chart above. Thanks

-David
    May 5 06:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Six Energy ADRs with Attractive Yields [View article]
    Hi bullpasture
    Thanks for the note. Yes I know that Canadian stocks trading in the US are not ADRs. When Seeking Alpha editors changed the title name of this article they changed it to say ADR. It was just a typo.

Cheers
    -David
    Apr 13 11:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analyzing S&P 500 Index Return [View article]
    Thanks freddyv.

Mar 14 02:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World's 50 Safest Banks in 2009 [View article]
    xsellside
    You are welcome.

-David
    Mar 14 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Asia's 10 Most Profitable Companies [View article]
    Hi HaavBline
    Thanks for the info. I stand corrected.

Value
    Thanks for the info.When I searched for them, they did not come up with the data provider I use.

-David
    Feb 20 07:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. Pensions to Suffer Further Losses in 2009? [View article]
    Guys
    Recently read a BW article where they had some retirees who lost most of their assets since they were invested in equities especially aggressive ones. So its true that one has to carefully plan for retirement. Never just depend on equity investments to retire. One should have the majority in savings, bonds, and other fixed income instruments close to retirement age.Like we saw in the past 2 years or so, the market can be brutal for many months.

-David
    Feb 16 11:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bulk of FDIC-Insured Loan Portfolios Tied to Real Estate Market [View article]
    fatcat
    I would agree with you. All loans related to real estate and consumers are problematic now.

-David
    Feb 16 10:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five International CEFs Selling at Deep Discounts to Their NAVs [View article]
    Thanks Joe for the useful information. I will use this perspective on CEFs when analyzing CEFs.

_David
    Feb 14 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How High Will the U.S. Personal Savings Rate Go? [View article]
    jstratt
    Thanks for the comment. Glad you like my post.

Nathaniel
    Yes it is incredible that our government discourages savings in every possible even now. The interest rate now offered by banks is almost nothing which is the first major factor that prevents people from saving.

-David