David Hunkar

View David Hunkar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Break Up the BRICs [View article]
    Kunal
    Thanks for the information. I did not know that the FIIs you mention are raising their estimates on India. I will check out the details and use them in my future articles.

Cheers !
    -David
    Feb 14, 2009. 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Banks Avoiding TARP Funds Lending More [View article]
    I agree with with you 100% McHattie. There are plenty of small, nimble banks that would grow more profitably without any tax payer welfare. The superbanks seem to dominate the news headlines when they are practically insolvent if not for the Feds keeping them on life support. BAC is a case in point.
    Feb 14, 2009. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Five U.S. Regional Banks Worth a Look Right Now [View article]
    Thanks Dividend Inc. Glad to know that you recommended BOH.

-David
    Feb 14, 2009. 11:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Slowdown To Hit Low-Income Countries Hard in 2009 [View article]
    Georgetastic
    Yes you are correct. emerging markets will perform poorly based on this article. However IMF released another report two days which suggests that the advanced countries will have economic contraction while emerging markets will have positive growth. You can read in my recent piece titled IMF Global Economic Outlook 2009.

Thanks.
    Jan 29, 2009. 08:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ten Utility Stocks Offering Nice Yields and Growth [View article]
    Thanks Olee.I will checkout ATO.

Thanks novice investor.Glad you like this article.

User 49100 - You are sooooooo correct. When the winter weather knocked power for some customers in the midwest people just can't stand it. That in a way is good for the utilities. :)
    Jan 29, 2009. 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Mining Stocks a Good Bet Again? [View article]
    MonyS
    Yes.RIO is attractive at current levels for a long-term investment.

-David
    Jan 29, 2009. 08:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IMF Global Economic Outlook 2009 [View article]
    The Jan 5 edition of BusinessWeek says that their survey of 45 economists predicts that the US economy will contract by just 0.2% in 2009. This figure is much more optimistic than IMF's 1.6%.

So neither the IMF nor the BW survey seems to be correct. Lets see how it turns out.
    Jan 29, 2009. 08:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Four Frontier Market ADRs with Strong Dividends [View article]
    Thanks manyathought for the comment.
    I did not know that information. I will analyze it and consider for taking a position. Good Luck !

-David
    Jan 29, 2009. 08:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Banker Magazine: World's Best Banks of 2008 [View article]
    1 world currency
    I can understand your point. However "The Banker Magazine" selected Citi as the winner for cash mgmt.

-David
    Dec 27, 2008. 11:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World's 10 Most Influential and Innovative Companies [View article]
    Guys
    Thanks for your comments.

Sailorman
    Sorry that the title was a bit misleading.I agree
    with you.There are many others who qualify to
    be in this list than the ones listed here.

mollytjm
    A while ago there was an article in BW where it said that
    when Apple opened a store in Hungary I believe it
    was not successful as they expected. It also mentioned
    that Europeans considered ipods and iphones to be
    expensive.

InterestingTwist
    While Unilever may not have had new innovations
    this decade BW may have selected them for their
    influence in the developing world due to their
    successful marketing of products to people earning
    less than $2 a day.

Lilbob
    Agree I should mentioned what you suggest.
    Business Week says "We selected 10 companies that played a major role
    in their industry over the past year and could shape the corporate
    landscape for years to come."
    So it based on the past year.

-David
    Dec 27, 2008. 11:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Comparison of OECD Countries [View article]
    Yamu
    Yes that would be interesting to evaluate. However I am not sure how often OECD updates their data for currency changes.If I find anything interesting I will write about it in a future post.

-David
    Dec 27, 2008. 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Utilities: Still an Integral Part of a Well Diversified Portfolio [View article]
    GD
    I agree with your thought. I actually had this title with a different title in my site. The title was "Foreign Utilities...". Sometimes Seeking Alpha editors change the title names to make it better. In this article, the new name did not work out clearly.

I am planning on an another article on utilities which includes US companies. I will post that soon.Thanks.

Granger - Thanks for your comment.

-David
    Dec 3, 2008. 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 38 Foreign ADRs Down More Than 80% YTD [View article]
    Thanks granger. Glad you like my list.

-David
    Nov 22, 2008. 08:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Global Diversification Dead? [View article]
    ejmcclary, The Hand

Thanks a lot for your kind words.
    Glad you like my writing.

-David
    Nov 19, 2008. 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World's 10 Safest Banks [View article]
    Affinor
    Rankings are based on "long-term credit ratings and
    total assets".Its not exactly clear whether these banks are safe for investors or for depositors from what I can glean from the Global Finance Magazine. It simply says "The World’s Safest Banks were selected through a
    comparison of the long-term credit ratings and
    total assets of the 300 largest banks around the
    world. Ratings from Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s
    and Fitch were used.

This is the 16th year that Global Finance has
    published its list of the world’s largest banks
    ranked by their creditworthiness. The 10 banks
    at the top of the list are designated as the
    “World’s Safest Banks".

Others - Thanks for the comments.

-David