David Hunkar

View David Hunkar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Five Best and Worst Global Financial Stocks, YTD [View article]
    b3rkut
    Actually only 2 in the above worst list are from UK. IRE and AIB are from Ireland. But the UK economy is in the worst shape in many years. I would wait for next year to buy any British stocks.
    Nov 16 12:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Royal Bank of Scotland's Reverse Split Help Its Share Price? [View article]
    Oldfriend
    You will get cash credited to your account for fractional shares.My broker did this in my account.

-David
    Nov 14 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Xdividends
    From what I know, I think they will pay the dividend for preferred stock. For more info, checkout their IR site:

www.investors.rbs.com/...

-David
    Nov 12 12:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Largest German Companies Trading in the U.S. [View article]
    Thanks fatcat for the info.I will make a note of it for my records.

-David
    Nov 12 12:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 12 Canadian Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Thank stocks and Nurseb911.

-David
    Nov 12 12:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Five Best and Worst Global Financial Stocks, YTD [View article]
    Yakov
    I agree with your comments on LYG's management. Lets see how things unfold.
    -David
    Oct 15 08:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eight European Stocks with Excellent Yields [View article]
    Lilliana
    Yes there are plenty of banks that have great yields now.But I left them out in this piece since they are banks.:)

InnocentsAbroad
    Noope.The stocks above are not traded in pink sheets.They are on the New York Stock Exchange(NYSE).I usually mention in my article if any stock mentioned is listed on the pink sheets.But I like your idea.To remove any confusion, I will make a note on where the discussed stocks are traded in my future articles.

-David
    Oct 15 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Foreign Pink Sheet Traded 'Blue Chips' [View article]
    Oltrdrr
    Thanks for the comment.Yes I did not include Enel Spa (ENLAY) in the above list as I selected only 10 stocks from my screener displayed.Sorry I should made a note of that in my article.Anyway Enel is a great pick.

granger
    Thanks for your kind words.Glad you like my article.

-David
    Oct 15 08:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 36 Opportunities for the Beginning of the Bull [View article]
    Interesting picks.Agree RY and HBC are two strong financials in these times.
    Oct 5 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Getting Onboard the Canadian Railroad Stocks [View article]
    Thanks sandspider for your kind words. Glad you like it.
    Sep 27 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 14 Top Foreign Chemical Stocks With Stable Growth [View article]
    Thanks Daveddawg.
    Sep 27 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing in Foreign Utilities via ETFs [View article]
    Walt17
    That was database mixup. The wrong table got picked up for this article.
    I have fixed it here:
    topforeignstocks.com/2.../

-David
    Sep 23 02:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top Foreign Dividend Stocks Traded in New York [View article]
    Guys - Sorry for the delayed replies.

ignorant - Thanks for the note.Will be more specific and clear next time.

User 138602 - RBS had a write-down of £5.9B due to exposure to the sub-prime credit
    crisis.In order to shore up its capital base the bank had a right issue for raising
    £12.0 B in JUne of this year.In addition the board had agreed to raise the Tier 1
    Capital ratio to 8%. The stock has fallen so much due to this nearly £6.0B loss and
    the ABN Amro purchase/integration expenses.

In UK, the rights issue was made on the basis of 11 new shares for every 18 shares
    held at an issue of price just 200 pence which was about 46.3% discount to
    the closing price of 372.5 pence on Apil 21, 2008.As of June 9th, about 95.11%
    of the shares in the rights issue totaling about 5.8B shares were subscribed
    by investors.

RBS has a dividend payout ratio of 45% in 2007.As per the board, after the rights
    issue the 2008 may be reduced.

As the second largest lender in the UK after HSBC, RBS had to writedown this huge
    £6.0B loss. So when compared to LYG, HBC or Standard Chartered this writedown was high.
    Hence the stock is down a lot compared to peers.

Hope the above helps.

CARMEL - I included only the commons in this study.I should have mentioned this
    in the post.Preferreds are a different story. I will include then in future articles.

Menachem Ben Yakov - Thanks for the info.I stand corrected.

goatfarmer- Thanks for the suggestion. You idea will be implemented in the
    next similar article.Yes yields net of tax would be good to know but it
    gets complicated due to many issues.I can include any time of tax info.
    know for the mentioned countries though.

Thanks everyone for your comments. It helps me serve you better.:)
    Sep 8 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 11 Top Canadian Dividend Stocks Available as ADRs [View article]
    Guys - Sorry for the delayed replies.

redbaron - Yes Canadian Royalty Trusts have great dividends.But in this
    article I looked at the commons only.Will post a piece on these trusts soon.

MurphMan - Agreed.Point noted.Thanks.

weiwentg - It is included in the Dividend Aristrocrats list because it
    increased dividends each year for the past seven years.

eWhartHog,User 197175 - Thanks for the note.It was an error on my part.

najdorf - Agree.The number one trading partner of Canada is the US.
    Canada is heavily dependent on US.
    Sep 8 11:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • International Dividend Investments Can Diversify Portfolio [View article]
    Agree.Foreign funds give high dividends but most of them are heavily weighted in financials. Caution is warranted when picking up such funds.
    Aug 18 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment