View David Jackson's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ABTL, ACTA, ADAM-OLD, ADBE, ADBL, AGG, AHBIF, AMTD, AMZN, ANSW, APTM, AQNT, ASKJ, BA, BBRY, BBY, BCOR, BFLY, BIDU, BIV, BKC, BLV, BND, BOFI, BP, BRL, BSML, BSV, C, CD, CFC, CLCT, CMCSA, CMNN, CNET, CNVR, CRM, CRUS, CTRP, CTX, DBC, DCLK, DELL, DIET, DIS, DJ, DRIV, DSCM, DVY, EBAY, ECST, EELN, ELNK, EMC, ETFC, EWW, EWY, EXTR, F, FDX, FLWS, FSTC, FTD-OLD, FXE, FXI, GCI, GE, GIS, GLD, GLW, GOOG, GS, GSIC, GTW, HHH, HLTH-OLD, HOLL, HPQ, HYG, IACI, IBUY, IEF, INCX, INTC, IVIL, JBL, JOBS, JRJC, JUPM, KEYN, KLAC, KO, KRI, LEN, LGBT, LNUX, LONG, LOOK, LPSN, LQD, LYRI, MAT, MCD, MCHX, MEET, MER, MERQ, MIVA, MIX, MMM, MOVE, MRK, MSFT, MWW, NAPS, NFLX, NILE, NOK, NTBK, NTES, NVDA, NVS, NWS, NYT, NYX, ODP, OSTK, PCLN, PHG, PHO, PLNR, PPH, PRF, PRVD, PXLW, QQQ, RATE, RCOM, REDEQ, REDF, RHT, RNWK, RSH, RTH, SBUX, SCHW, SCMR, SGTL, SHOP-OLD, SHY, SIFY, SINA, SLG, SLM, SLV, SNDA, SNE, SOHU, SORC, SPWR, SPY, SRVY, STMP, TCX, TFSM, THK, TIP, TKF, TLT, TM, TOMOY, TRBCQ, TRFC, TRFX, TRI, TSG, TST, TWX, TZOO, UBET, UNG, UNTD, UPS, USO, VERT, VG, VRSN, WAVX, WMT, WSSI, WWWW, XHB, XOXO, YHOO, ZLC
- ETF Investing Guide: Understanding The Core Portfolio
- ETF Investing Guide: A Core ETF Portfolio
Is It Wrong To Take A Position In A Stock And Then Write About It On Seeking Alpha?
Aug. 6, 2014 • 185 Comments
- Some people claim that “talking your book” about a stock which you own or are short is wrong. It isn’t.
- Talking your book isn’t the same as front running or manipulation. Front running is the abuse of privileged information for personal gain. Manipulation is the intentional dissemination of false information.
- Investors have greater incentives to get stocks right than journalists or sell-side analysts, so their research is more valuable.
- Investors’ best research is typically about the stocks they know most about - the stocks they have positions in.
Short Sellers And Seeking Alpha
Aug. 1, 2014 • 260 Comments
- Real investors, because of their biases, have the best insights, because they're most motivated to get it right.
- Rather than a "house opinion," we believe SA readers want multiple viewpoints on a stock.
- Vigorous debate between longs and shorts works. SA articles have uncovered frauds, and have correctly predicted huge upward moves in stocks which the media and sell-side analysts never caught.
Notes On Yahoo's Strategy
- Yahoo missed earnings and guided lower, partially due to weakening online ad sales.
- Yahoo recently launched a finance contributor network, possibly in order to monetize Tumblr, and because it views contributor content as a cheaper way to generate pageviews and ad sales.
- At Seeking Alpha, we don't view "cheap" as the key advantage of a contributor network. We believe that crowdsourcing will revolutionize equity research, and that contributors should be rewarded fairly.
- A Checklist For Investing In Internet Companies
- Investing For The Long Term: Dividend Growth Stocks Or S&P 500?
- Profiting From China's Growth With Sector And Macro Bets - An Interview With China Expert Shaun Rein, Part II
- Stocks To Own And Stocks To Avoid To Profit From China's Growth - An Interview With China Expert Shaun Rein, Part 1
Investing Apps: Taking Online Finance to the Next Level
Oct. 11, 2010 • 4 Comments
Seeking Alpha Partners With EDGAR Online to Deliver I-Metrix to Its Contributors
Feb. 28, 2010 • Comment!
Seeking Alpha Partners With XTF to Empower Its Contributors
Feb. 20, 2010 • 4 Comments
You Asked, We Listened
Jan. 4, 2010 • Comment!
- Most Active SA Community Participants to Receive Zacks Premium Service
- Seeking Alpha Partners with Zacks Investment Research
- Seeking Alpha Partners with InfoNgen to Empower Its Contributors
- Seeking Alpha and Xignite Partner to Broaden Access to Free Corporate Transcripts
Seeking Alpha Is Looking for a VP Business Development
Mar. 1, 2009 • Comment!
- Seeking Alpha Partners with Gridstone Research to Empower Our Contributors
- Five Key Quotes from Microsoft on the PC Industry
The Latest Changes to SeekingAlpha.com
Aug. 31, 2008 • 62 Comments
- Guess Who's Talking About Recession?
- Big Spender Netflix Cuts its Web Ad Budget
- 5 Key Quotes from Netflix on the Movie Distribution Business
- 5 Key Quotes from Google on the Internet Industry
- Microsoft's Online Business and Strategy in Its Own Words
- Online Advertising Is Not Immune -- Gannett
- More Evidence That Online Advertising Is Slowing (and Newspapers Are Suffering)
- Omniture Discusses Google Analytics
- How Will Rising Fuel Prices Impact Demand for Aircraft? -- Boeing Comments
- Key Datapoints on Internet Advertising and Content from The New York Times Co.
- 5 Key Quotes from the New York Times Co. on the Newspaper Industry