David M. Gordon

View David M. Gordon's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Golf read: Here comes the women, there go the men [View news story]
    Restated grammatically correctly...

Here come the women, there go the men

(I would send this correction privately but can identify no method to do that.)
    May 23 10:53 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Innovation From InvenSense [View article]
    Some Predictions About the Internet of Things and Wearable Tech From Pew Research
    May 15 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Next Innovation From InvenSense [View article]
    Do you need more kudos? Okay, okay, I will add mine to the chorus (when it comes, as it surely will): Yours is an excellent and insightful article. And helpful. Thank you.

I am curious. When you state...
    "InvenSense is about to transform how we interface with our devices by integrating microphones and simple speech recognition into their always-on, contextually aware SoCs."

I would like to know in what form this innovation will occur. We never really know, of course, but what does all this mean for the consumer, what new or changed device will he or she then buy, and how will that change his or her life? iow, I am less interested in the technology itself per se, nor the squiggles for INVN's share price, but the changing circumstances for the final buyers, us.

Perhaps you discussed this issue previously elsewhere and can provide a link...?
    May 2 11:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm: A Huge New Frontier Makes It A Shrewd Buy [View article]
    Excellent article. Thank you.

And now, having read your article and profile, I in turn recommend a book that speaks to a few of your interests...

I met Eric at, of all places, the Qualcomm booth at CES a few years ago. Nice fellow, intelligent (which he 'wears' lightly), with a vision that speaks to investors and health consumers. And I believe you.
    Mar 14 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • InvenSense lower following new OTR Global note [View news story]
    Hey you two guys above (or below),

GREAT call! Go rest on your laurels now. :-)
    Sep 19 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coke Shares Facing The Ultimate Test [View article]
    Sorry, I still miss it.

I see only paid schema and/or links that require registration. No link that shares the info you mention (the chart breakdown) without me having to cough up something.
    Aug 28 03:13 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coke Shares Facing The Ultimate Test [View article]
    "In fact, according to the real time report offered here, long-term support has just broken lower, which raised sell/short signals."

I see the link, but clicking on it shares no opinion/outlook for KO shares, only a payment scheme for the service. What do I miss?
    Aug 28 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EZchip: Bullish Case Continues To Myopically Overlook Competitor Comments, Production Delays, And Stock-Based Compensation Expense [View article]
    I am neither long nor short EZChip/EZCH, but I recognize excellent analysis when I read it. Thank you.

EZCH achieved its all time high almost precisely 1 year ago at $46.79. (This high bettered its previous high by a few $$.) Since that high, it has endured a hellacious plummet, more than 50% from high to intra-day low. Now it sits only a few $$ above that intra-day low.

Your worst case scenario calls for $12/share, approximately another 50% plummet from its current price... But only another ~$12/share. Is it time, perhaps, to begin to look the other way? That is, long term investors should buy declines to $20, or even $12...? Perhaps you view EZCH as a terminal short?

If this company's widget is SO good, why is it still a one product company that sells to only one company? Certainly other companies would be beating down their door to buy or license their technology if it is so good.

Thank you for your reply.
    Mar 28 09:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • "You should be investigated." "No, you should." That's about the gist of the latest exchanges between Bill Ackman and Herbalife (HLF -0.7%). Ackman yesterday backed a call from the National Consumers League to probe the company for possibly being a pyramid scheme. Herbalife responds by accusing Ackman of making "a reckless $1B bet against the company based on knowingly false statements." [View news story]
    I believe you mean gist, not "jist."
    Mar 13 09:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VMware Suffering Cloud Squeeze [View article]
    Another excellent and fascinating article, Dana. You manage to say a lot, but pithily. Thank you.

While I still watch VMware/VMW (I sold last April), my investment interest now falls upon Citrix Systems/CTRX. Have you ever commented upon that company? Whether yes or no, would you please offer some comments (or a dedicated post, he asks greedily) that helps to clarify the differences between the two companies, their products... and the probable winner of the two? (That is, if they still compete head-on for the same customers.)

Thank you in advance.
    Mar 12 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Attunity: An Under The Radar Investment In Big Data [View article]
    I assume Splunk/SPLK, the clear and obvious leader in Big Data, merits nary a mention due to its valuation.

But what was Attunity/ATTU up to back in 1996 and 2000 that the shares were $150? Without looking, I would bet those two high trades are due to a reverse split - subsequent to the shares' collapse. But why the collapse? (Which again assumes my dual notions correct.)

Thank you for your reply.
    Nov 13 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What If Apple Weren't A Tech Stock? [View article]
    "At the risk of jumping on the everybody's-writing...
    "writing-articles-on-A...

At least one benefit accrues to gray hair: experience. And the wisdom that comes only as a result of experience.

You have been around the block a few times, Chuck, and justifiably earn the claim as signal to all those other articles' noise.

Thank you. And not just for this article.
    Nov 8 03:37 PM | 22 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Seeking Alpha Portfolio iPhone App [View article]
    Excellent app, David, and VERY useful. Thank you!

I have used the app now for the past week, and really like it. Love the push notification feature - although the constant chiming of "you've got mail" updates and headlines could annoy other users. (Not me, though!)

I would like to suggest 1 or 2 minor improvements, and one major one. (No, not an Android app; I am confident your development team is busy at work on that item.) But to whom should I address my suggestions?
    Sep 12 07:56 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ARM Holdings: An Investment Opportunity Renewed [View article]
    Thank you, All, for your comments.

While there a million and one ways to skin the investing cat, only a few methodologies are primary. Two of those are growth and value. (The wrinkles of those two again multiply into a plenitude.)

Each methodology obeys its own rigors and processes. To apply the rigors of one methodology to the other leads to confusion for the investor. The shrewd investor strives to avoid just that.

Best wishes for successful investing for all!
    Jul 25 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ARM Holdings: An Investment Opportunity Renewed [View article]
    ARM Holdings/ARMH beats Q2 estimates; guides FY12 revs in-line

Reports Q2 (Jun):
    - Pre-tax profit +23% to £66.5M vs. consensus of $57.8M
    - eps 3.58 pence vs. 3.14 pence
    - Revenues rose 15.0% year/year to £135.5M vs. £129.8M consensus
    - Sees FY12 revs in-line with GBP553.06 mln Capital IQ Consensus Estimate

Outlook: “ARM enters the second half of 2012 with a record order backlog and a robust opportunity pipeline. Relevant data for the second quarter, being the shipment period for ARM’s Q3 royalties, points to a small sequential increase in industry revenues. Q4 royalties are harder to predict as macroeconomic uncertainty may impact consumer confidence, and some analysts have become less confident in the semiconductor industry outlook in the second half. However, building on our strong performance in the first half, we expect overall Group dollar revenues for full year 2012 to be in line with market expectations.”

WSJ corrals the early polling of two analyst’s reactions…

And I say that this quarterly update is precisely what I expect. ARM’s revenues and earnings increase more than expectations, and that the rate of increase will increase itself. This type of positive surprise makes for an ideal investment, especially for a growth stock.
    Jul 25 07:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment