David Moenning

View David Moenning's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Daily State Of The Markets: Busted - One Of The Greatest Myths In Investing [View article]
    Another country heard from - welcome!

Thanks for the kind words, great to hear that you find our work useful.

Here's a link that will explain the Risk Manager: http://bit.ly/1oZcxU4

Cheers!
    Nov 18, 2014. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are most welcome. I've been fighting this "time not timing" b.s. my entire career. Uh, folks, buy low and sell high is still a thing!
    Nov 15, 2014. 10:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Welcome and thanks for following! Another one of my favorite - cheap and easy - indicators is a weighted, 16-month moving average, moved forward two months. The indicator does provide some heartache when in whipsaw mode, but it also gets the really big moves right. You could always use a combination of the golden cross, the monthly and then a weekly or 50-day ma allowing each signal to control a portion of the portfolio. Good luck!
    Nov 15, 2014. 10:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Nate - Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the evidence is indeed irrefutable! I could have written about 20 different strategies to beat the market... It's finding the one that works for you and with your time frame that is the challenging part!
    Nov 14, 2014. 07:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Busted: One Of The Greatest Myths In Investing [View instapost]
    Technically these are "sub-industries"... Investors Business Daily has something along these lines available for free. I get my data from a vendor, which costs a small fortune - but is worth it :-)
    Nov 14, 2014. 07:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Daily State Of The Markets: Isn't It Odd That... [View article]
    All very good points!
    Nov 7, 2014. 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Daily State Of The Markets: Isn't It Odd That... [View article]
    Good analysis - thanks.
    Nov 7, 2014. 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Daily State Of The Markets: Hawkish Or Just Plain Pragmatic? [View article]
    Speaking of opium, Japan's announcement may create an overdose!
    Oct 31, 2014. 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Daily State Of The Markets: A Spooky, Must-See Chart For The Season [View article]
    welcome!
    Oct 29, 2014. 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Daily State Of The Markets: A Case Of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [View article]
    Curious indeed! And in the old days, manipulating markets and front-running were both illegal!!
    Oct 28, 2014. 09:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Daily State Of The Markets: In Case You've Forgotten, It Doesn't Pay To Fight The... [View article]
    Do I detect a HINT of sarcasm in your note? Thanks for the comment - point taken!
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mr. Bear you are dead on. I have been at this game since the early 1980's and I agree 100% that the central bankers of the world are overstepping at this time.

I believe the reason is simple. The global economy remains fragile and at risk of another external shock. And since the Fed is basically out of bullets, it must now fight a battle on the ground in order to make sure that the U.S. stock market doesn't become the cause of the next economic interruption.

I am NOT saying I agree with this. But I think this is what we're seeing playing out.
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glad you find my meandering morning missives helpful!
    Oct 23, 2014. 09:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Daily State Of The Markets: The Big Picture: Time To Buy The Dip? [View article]
    Yep, that's possible... we'll keep watching!
    Oct 22, 2014. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Big Picture: Time To Buy The Dip? [View instapost]
    Yes, the Fed, the BoE, the BoJ and soon the ECB!
    Oct 22, 2014. 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment