View as an RSS Feed
View David Nelson, CFA's Articles BY TICKER:
Top Down Vs. Bottom Up - Which Investor Has The Edge?
- Focus Less on the Market and More on Stocks.
- Macro Investors Hate the Market.
- My Gut has predicted 8 out of the last 2 bear markets.
- Stock Clock - In at 6 and out at 12 is perfect. After midnight you turn into a pumpkin.
Investors Are Searching For I-95 North
- Macro continues to give mixed signals frustrating bulls and bears.
- Utilities could help provide confirmation.
- Bottoms up approach focusing on individual stocks has provided a better road map.
AT&T Buys Direct TV - Buyer Beware
- Satellite Ranks near the bottom in Download and Upload Speeds.
- TV viewing habits are changing as video consumption moves online.
- How will Direct TV (DTV) deal with changing customer behavior?.
Clouds Over Omaha - Time To Sell Berkshire Hathaway
- Buffett talks the talk, can he walk the walk?
- Buffett breaks the first rule of investing.
- Decision not to vote was a breach of fiduciary responsibility.
- Berkshire Hathaway has underperformed the S&P Total Return by 20% in the last 5 years.
Ready For A Rebound? Gilead's $1000 Pill
- Gilead (GILD) was Ground Zero in the Biotech Sell-Off.
- GILD is where the sell-off started and may be where Biotechs make a stand.
- GILD earnings could help turn the sector around.
The Worm Has Turned - Growth Vs. Value
- The rotation from growth to value still has room to run.
- Time for a gut check on why you bought high flying, high valuation stocks.
- Price momentum alone is like a relationship based only on sexual attraction. Eventually, you wake up wanting something more.
- eBay Shareholders - Stand Up And Be Counted
- Facebook - The Greater Fool?
- The Weather Put! Snow And Ice Heating Up The Market
- Emerging Market Investors Need To Go Active
- 2014 - Why The Ride Isn't Over
- Boeing Battles Union Over 777X - Who's Bluffing?
- Every Bull Market Feels Like A Bubble
- Twitter, Comcast Deal Just The Tip Of The Iceberg
- The Perfect Storm - Cable Companies Sail Into The Vortex
- Freeport McMoRan: Let The Shareholders Vote
- S&P 500: The Road To 1500
- Market Outlook 2012: Seeking The Holy Grail
- United States Of Europe - The Only Hope
- The Optimism Invasion And Your Portfolio
- Apple: Still Long, But Investors Must Admit Growth Is Slowing
- Why Isn't The Market Down 3000 Points?
- eBay: Expect Top And Bottom Line Growth
- Stock Stress Test: Apple Looks Fairly Valued
- 5 Reasons To Buy Foot Locker
- This Is Not 2008: Good Opportunity to Upgrade Your Portfolio