David Ott is a founding partner of Acropolis Investment Management, LLC., a St. Louis Wealth Management firm that currently manages approximately $800 million for individuals, institutions and 401k plans. In addition to working with clients, David serves the firm in a variety of capacities including serving as the head of the Investment Committee. The Committee sets asset allocation policy, selects individual stocks and exchange-traded-funds (ETFs) for the Approved List, and determines the broad fixed income strategy (duration, credit exposure, etc.) for clients.
- Description: Registered investment advisor. Trading frequency: Infrequent
- Interests: Bonds, ETFs, REITs, Stocks - long
Acropolis Investment Management, LLC Acropolis serves three kinds of investors: Private Clients, Institutional Investors and Company Sponsored Retirement Plans (usually 401(k) plans). Each of these investor types wants to maximize returns while minimizing risks, but each requires a slightly different discipline. Private clients are comprised ...More
of high net worth individuals and require top quality investment management, but also need unbiased advice about their financial situation. We have developed tools to help make decisions that should help clients meet their goals while taking the least amount of risk possible. Institutional investors also need advice, but depending on the kind of organization, the advice will vary widely. For example, an endowment may have similar objectives to a Private Client but is tax-exempt and has an infinite time horizon. A bank, however, may have very specific liability matching objectives depending on their capital requirements. Retirement Plans are very different because trustees are helping participants meet their goals within a very tight regulatory environment. Plans have substantial technical and compliance requirements and the investment selections need to be flexible enough to provide for beneficiaries who are young with a long time horizon as well as those about to retire. Acropolis has the knowledge and experience to help each one of these client types with their specific goals and objectives. Our mission is to consistently deliver trusted advice, a personal relationship, and positive results for our clients.
Acropolis Blog Each week, Acropolis team members publish investment comentary on a variety of topics. Each day, Brent Vondera publishes Daily Insights, a complete analysis of the days economic news. Peter Lazaroff writes the Market Minute, a broad email covering investment and financial planning topics. Every Friday, ...More
Cliff Reynolds covers the bond market in Fixed Income Weekly.
Currently, there are no book details for David Ott.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Hopefully, Buffet's other three potential candidates have better judgement than David Sokol. Lawful or not, it was a bad call all around. Mar 31, 2011
Latest Comments more »
- Hi Sid,You are absolutely r... on Japan's Mrs. Watanabe Says: 'Hold off on Carry ...
- Hi SDS,Thanks for your note... on Is the RAFI Long-Short Index ETF a Good Investm...
- Hi Boomstick,I agree that i... on How Vanguard Total Bond's Low Tracking Error Is...
- MEA CULPA: I would like to ... on Hedge Fund ETFs: Replication or the Real Thing?
- Nice to see articles from i... on A Great Decade for the S&P 500 . . . No, Really
Latest comments on David's Articles
- David Ott on Japan's Mrs. Watanabe Says: 'Hold off on Carry ...
- sidbondtrader on Japan's Mrs. Watanabe Says: 'Hold off on Carry ...
- David Ott on Is the RAFI Long-Short Index ETF a Good Investm...
- SDS (Seductive Div... on Is the RAFI Long-Short Index ETF a Good Investm...
- jamesweiss on Happy Birthday iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond ...